• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What States/Countries Have You Played In?

Unfortunately, the courses overall in quality are low, but there are a few courses that are worth playing. Anna Page in Rockford is a solid course, as is West Park and Highland in Joliet. Central/Southern Illinois have a few courses worth playing (Centralia and St. Louis courses).

I'd like to add community park in channahon, lincoln park in springfield, and McNaughton in pekin.

And yes, the overall quality especially in the Chicagoland area is not great. But plenty of people consider Lemon Lake to be within the Chicagoland area. That should help the cause, no?

Hey, easy on the crazy cheesehead talk. Didn't I just recommend the only two course I've played in IL? :)
Yea, yea, just a little jealousy from south of the border.

I'd love to be able to drive 5-10 minutes to Silver Lake or Parkside or Dretzka or Brown Deer or Highbridge or Winter Park....need I go on?

I've played Florida, Georgia and Tennessee.

I have been to Newport News Park DGC in Virginia, but I was not playing way back then. I just followed my father around.

But plenty of people consider Lemon Lake to be within the Chicagoland area. That should help the cause, no?

Okay okay, geez people, learn to take a joke!!! :p

I simply haven't played Illinois courses yet because the opportunity hasn't come up. Plus, there really aren't a ton of quality courses in the Chicago area, which is easily the closest and most obvious place for me to drive to for a day trip.

Hands off Lemon Lake though, that's Hoosier land, 100%. :p

Highland is probably what will lure me into Illinois finally. Rockford is too far to drive and I hate that ****ing city. ;)

20 States, 2 countries (US and Sweden), 145 courses.

My course medal for 145 is bronze. How many do you need for the next level?

Last edited:
100 courses played in 2 countries and 11 states.

AL - 9
CA - 1
IL - 1
IN - 22
KY - 25
MI - 1
OH - 2
SC - 1
TN - 6
WV - 1
WI - 19
Canada - 10

Hoping to add AR, MS & GA soon.

over 100 courses in 3 countries (USA, Canada, DENMARK!), let's see how many states:

CO, MO, IA, MN, WI, IL, KY, OH, IN, NY, NH, MA, ME

Maine was awesome, the land and the courses, really well maintained, they are serious out there in the North East. I played in Arhus and Aalborg in Denmark, it was totally worth carrying my beast all through the other countries for 6 weeks.

Cincinnati, Minneapolis and St. Louis are all great cities for a high density of great courses.

I live in Chicago, each summer weekend I drive an hour or more to play disc golf. I've played many courses I consider amazing. Comparatively:

West Park is a great course, but not championship caliber, not enough tight holes or undulation. Hilghland Park is up there with many of the great courses I've played, but doesn't hold a candle to Highbridge (WI), Idlewild (KY), Kaposia Park (MN), Pyramids (MA), or Cranberry Valley (ME). Highland Park has some great holes and a few in the middle that are boring, yet quite typical of Chicagoland.

From Chicago, Valparaiso is almost just as far as Joliet and definitely a level above even Highland Park. I know we can't claim this course, but it is an example of a course that is better than the cream of the crop in Chicago land.

Lemon Lake. WTF? Ok, Lemon Lake has some GREAT holes, but overall I was extremely disappointed. The original course (red) is pretty good, there are lots of different types of holes. The Blue course is only good in the back 9 (front 9 is HORRIBLE), the silver course has 9 boooring holes in the middle, and I didn't even play the (White) beginner course. Sorry if my rant was obnoxious. But I don't get why they hosted a worlds at Lemon Lake other than it being a complex, having lots of holes, and Indiana being awesome.

Know what? I think that the private course in Rensselaer, IN is better than almost all the Chicago land courses!

Okay okay, geez people, learn to take a joke!!! :p

I simply haven't played Illinois courses yet because the opportunity hasn't come up. Plus, there really aren't a ton of quality courses in the Chicago area, which is easily the closest and most obvious place for me to drive to for a day trip.

Hands off Lemon Lake though, that's Hoosier land, 100%. :p

Highland is probably what will lure me into Illinois finally. Rockford is too far to drive and I hate that ****ing city. ;)

Very true...not a ton of quality, just a ton of courses. Thankfully, I live close enough to the IL/WI border for an easy ride to Silver Lake. :thmbup:

If you do make it to Highland, you can't go wrong with a stop at west park (pretty close) and community park (little bit farther). I'd love to be able to play all 3 of those on a day trip!

Very true...not a ton of quality, just a ton of courses. Thankfully, I live close enough to the IL/WI border for an easy ride to Silver Lake. :thmbup:

If you do make it to Highland, you can't go wrong with a stop at west park (pretty close) and community park (little bit farther). I'd love to be able to play all 3 of those on a day trip!

Thanks for the tip! :hfive: :cool:

Lemon Lake. WTF? Ok, Lemon Lake has some GREAT holes, but overall I was extremely disappointed. The original course (red) is pretty good, there are lots of different types of holes. The Blue course is only good in the back 9 (front 9 is HORRIBLE), the silver course has 9 boooring holes in the middle, and I didn't even play the (White) beginner course. Sorry if my rant was obnoxious. But I don't get why they hosted a worlds at Lemon Lake other than it being a complex, having lots of holes, and Indiana being awesome.

You didn't play Gold!!!!

I agree with your assessment of Red. Haven't played blue yet, but that sounds like what it looks to be, white is actually a lot of fun but not super challenging. Silver is i-ite, I guess, but Gold is awesome!!!

True, the city does have some traveling issues around it but the Joliet area is right down the road from you! Maybe 45-hr?! it takes me 25-30 min.... You got Highland, West Park, Community park, and the Oaks, which is even closer to you in Mokena.. All of those can compete with the LL courses and even RLWP in some cases. Obviously NOT hole 14 at RLWP.. But you should make that move to drive down the road!! And with a little more of a drive (1hr 20min) is my personal favorite Chicagoland course, Eagle Ridge in Oswego. I love that place...:thmbup:

Joliets about an 1.5 hour drive, if you factor in the other idiot drivers and construction. Should be able to make it in a hour, never actually can.

Wellllll...I'd be up for hitting up any of those courses on a Friday or Saturday in the coming weeks if you want to show me what's what?

Joliets about an 1.5 hour drive, if you factor in the other idiot drivers and construction. Should be able to make it in a hour, never actually can.

Wellllll...I'd be up for hitting up any of those courses on a Friday or Saturday in the coming weeks if you want to show me what's what?

This weekend I'm busy with a wedding but anytime after that I'm down! Lemme know which one your up for? Maybe 2?? I'll show you around!! You tell me what works.. It'll be a fun filled day of orienteering!!:hfive: And get Agent Peabody out of his "safety" zone....:)

Last edited:
6 states in one country. IL, IOWA, MI, OHIO, IN, and FL.

Thanks for the tip! :hfive: :cool:

You didn't play Gold!!!!

I agree with your assessment of Red. Haven't played blue yet, but that sounds like what it looks to be, white is actually a lot of fun but not super challenging. Silver is i-ite, I guess, but Gold is awesome!!!

Gold had some great holes, but also a lot of boring holes in the middle. There are many great holes on the complex, but no course is great from top to bottom, agreed?

Latest posts