• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What was the first disc golf disc that you threw?

Ultrastar I suppose - I was throwing ultimate lids long before I picked up disc golf.

I first time throwing a disc golf specific disc was in college, I was in the parks and rec club, and technically we were in charge of the disc golf course and rental discs so we would play occasionally, I have no idea what those discs were.

Then, like 10 years later at Horseshoe canyon, rental discs and play on the course was included in the rock climbing fee. Since it was "free" we played several rounds over the many days that we were camped out there for a rock climbing trip. I don't remember for sure, but I think the discs I used were lightning I remember one said something related to turning right (#2 slice maybe?) one was for turning left and one was for putting.

My first throws were probably around 300 - it was a fairly easy transition from an ultimate lid, and I could throw a lid farther than anyone I knew.

The first disc I owned, I found somewhere along the way, was an opaque e-wizard, then it was an innova starter set - pro starfire, dx valk, dx leopard, dx aviar. None of which I have any more, though I did get a call on the pro starfire not too long ago.

First disc that I threw was one I found. No stamp, and a giant bomb was drawn on it with sharpie, it said a Dropping Bombs on Your Moms in sharpie also. Not sure what type of disc, a fairway driver of some sort. I used that disc for a solid year before I threw it in a pond. Then I bought my first disc, a red dx circle stamp rhyno.

Funny you ask. The very first one that I threw was an F-15 Eagle or some other kind of lighting disc from when lighting was using planes to name there discs. At the time I didnt even know it was a golf disc and my friends weren't even sure. I didn't find out till much later what it was. At the time it was just some random frisbee in a box full of old sports equipment in the basement. Wish I still had it though.

I probably have one of those lying around if you want to buy one for old time's sake

Saturn stamp pro D Comet. I don't think I threw it much more than 200' when I started. I still have it, and I only took it out of my bag about 2 years ago. I also used to putt with it a lot.

Funny you ask. The very first one that I threw was an F-15 Eagle or some other kind of lighting disc from when lighting was using planes to name there discs. At the time I didnt even know it was a golf disc and my friends weren't even sure. I didn't find out till much later what it was. At the time it was just some random frisbee in a box full of old sports equipment in the basement. Wish I still had it though.

I probably have one of those lying around if you want to buy one for old time's sake

picture.php

During college one day I decided to hit up the local course, after throwing ultimate dics at a few holes previously. Went to Academy and picked up a DX Wraith, Cobra and Birdie. I was turrible when i first started, guess because I was trying to throw em how I throw an ultimate lid. Then I discovered sidearm, and I've been bombing holes ever since.

I still have all three discs. The Wraith go so beat it became ridiculously understable, so now it lives as a large coin depository on my TV stand. Cobra is sitting in my extras bag, while the birdie still sees use in practice putting. I've had some of my longest putts with that lid. I need to find a Star Birdie to play with now!

I started with a discraft starter pack, the driver was (either a xl, xs, or xpress, can't remember), Stratus, and Magnet.

Still have the stratus and magnet. They were in a backpack that was too close to a space heater... so they caught on fire, and now serve the purpose of nostalgia on my wall, melted and all.

DX Roc. I went out with a buddy and he gave it to me to use. 2008 Bud Hill disc. Still have it in the bag, but it will soon be relocated to a wall.

Red DX viper. Heavy weight meathook. I could only throw it 150 ft, not straight. Almost quit after that first round. Later I got a big bead aviar and dx cobra to mix things up.

150 pink dx beast. Turned it over so hard on my first throw walking out of the Walmart where I bought it.

Didn't know at the time but the road rash from throwing it in the parking lot required a 50' high throw just to ensure it would come back at the end.

Discraft Elite XL borrowed from a friend. The first disc I owned was a Lightning #2 Hyzer, I still have it somewhere.

Star Valkyrie and Star Rhyno

Both pink/white swirl. Beautiful discs. They flew 100' when I got it just right :p

Car was broken in to ... they took my cd player's front plate, and those two discs ... stupid kids.

Went to the local Academy and bought a SOLF and D Challenger. Can't remember which order they were thrown, but played my very first round with those 2 discs. I was not instantly hooked. Played off and on for another 2-3 years, but it grew on me.

Beat DX Leopard borrowed from a friend. Played the entire round with it. Maybe threw it 75-100 feet by the end of the day.

Bought 3 discs at the ranger station at Wall Doxey SP in MS. Were all 3 Lightning discs, Spitfire, SR-71 and a Rubber Putter. Played poorly but kept at it.

Went to the local Academy and bought a SOLF and D Challenger. Can't remember which order they were thrown, but played my very first round with those 2 discs. I was not instantly hooked. Played off and on for another 2-3 years, but it grew on me.

Those were my two discs! haha that's crazy!