• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What was the first disc you ever threw?

dx Valk - bought the Innova starter pack with a bag. Came with the Valk, a Shark, an Aviar P&A, and a tie dye Pro Destroyer. (Some smart alec at Innova was laughing when he put that one in there!)

Dx valk, then dx aviar, then dx teebird, then dx shark. Still have all those discs from 6-7 years ago.

DX Teebird, Champ Beast, and Polaris LS

Found them all within 10 feet of eachother my first time out playing with a friend. Best Day ever

first disc I used was an ultimate disc. Worked well except for putting.
First real disc I threw was a green #2 slice I got in a three pack from lightning. Put that disc right onto my neighbors roof about 5 years before I started playing lol.
First real disc I used on a course was the #1 driver from lightning. I suprisingly found like 5 discs in the first week I played though, so I quickly started to use other discs, and gave a few to my buddies.

Last edited:
whats a starter set? LOL, guess that dates me.

[/URL]

Ha! Yeah, it is a pack of 3 beginners discs, an Innova Starter bag, a mini, and they throw in one bonus disc on that pack.
They make the sets without the bag.
Great way to get started for my wife and I!

Shark...when I lost that (i didn't play for awhile) I got a wraith...I quickly learned a forehand

I was jealous of guy slike you who had access to such "modern disc technology" back in the day.

My first was a Wham-O 165g. Eventually upgraded to a Skystyler or somesuch...

yup, living on the left coast had some advantages... all the newest stuff when it came out was at the pro shop first thing.

Latest posts