• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What was the first disc you ever threw?

My roomate found a soft magnet while playing on a local canyon trail. I stole it, and borrowed a friends 150 champ Valk. We played a few (pathetic) rounds. Started buying discs. 8 months later , i'm hooked. (still pathetic)

My first was a sky blue FLX Avenger. It was handed down to me from a chef that I worked for at the time. I still play golf with him every now and then. It had a tournament stamp from the West Texas Disc Golf Champions Tournament from Big Spring, TX on April 26-27, 2008. I still go to that driver at least once a round. It's really beat in now, and is hands down the most predictable disc I own. I hate the thought, but I know I'm going to have to retire it soon. It's going on the wall as soon as I do, though.

Our first round was with my Ultimate Frisbees. The next day, hubby went out and bought us both DX Valkyries, Cobras, Stingrays, and Aviars from Dunham's. That was the start of a HUGE plastic addiction for both of us.

besides a beach frisbee, probly a cheetah or a banshee, lots of dx plastic in the begining.

Frisbees on the beach...think those old 141g ones.

Then Ultrastars in high school and college. This is where I learned to actually throw. Forehands, backhands, hammers, scoobers, high forehands, push passes, etc.

Then a Shark when I tried out golf.