• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What was Your First Ace?

Not cheating as long as you're throwing from the tee box... but not as impressive as Ace'ing something at Bass either.

Is it cheating if you go to a course with very short holes just to try to get an Ace? I know of a course that has holes between 117-135ft. It would be a way to get my first ace, but is that cheating?

Nope, an ace is an ace. Even thoses 100 foot holes are far from easy aces. I have two legimate aces in my very long career. I've played quite a few of those short pitch and putt courses along the way and haven't aced one of those yet. I'd love to throw one in. No, it wouldn't be as impressive as a 300 footer but I'd still take it.

Is it cheating if you go to a course with very short holes just to try to get an Ace? I know of a course that has holes between 117-135ft. It would be a way to get my first ace, but is that cheating?
Well, who exactly would you be cheating? I mean, you didn't place the teepad and basket where they were located did you?

My first (and only) ace came unexpectedly last July. I was on a road trip to see my parents and wanted to get a round in at another course along my route with longer holes. I was running short on time, so I opted to play two rounds in another town on a shorter 9 hole pitch and putt with dual tees and pins. I played the first round "odds short, evens long", and the second just the opposite. I narrowly missed an ace in the first round. On my "15th" hole, which was #6 from the short tee, I was looking at a slight uphill grade, threw an X Buzz LHBH dead down the middle and into the chains. Basket was in the short position. Tee sign said 144', but it looked more like 175' or so. No witnesses.

As long as its a designated hole (even a tourney temp), and its on your first try, an ace is an ace, although some aces are more impressive than others.

I've frankly seen people hit deuces that were more impressive than my ace.

i hit my first ace a couple weeks ago at Winton Woods. It was the 18th hole and only 150ft. Its not really an impressive course or a long hole to ace, but hey, it's a legitimate course on a legitimate on a hole. I threw it dead straight with my beat KC Pro Roc. Didn't fade at all and just hit chains. It was my first ace after only 6 months playing, so I'm hoping for many more.

You'll never forget your first ace. At least I don't think so, has anybody here forgotten theirs?

Mine was Pyramids Hole #5 Silvers. Wasn't going for it, but it went in! 157ft, S-Curve, with a JK aviar. Only took 5 years, so if you haven't gotten yours yet, give it time.

Working on my seventh now... someday :fingers crossed:

Sounds like a 300 game in bowling... Took me 25 years of bowling in leagues to get my first, and then got my second two weeks later...

I've had a couple of close ones....# 6 at Munden Point backhand bounced off the side of the cage, also on the same day #7 at Munden Point sidearm hit the pole at the bottom of the basket, about two months later # 16 at Bayville backhand skimmed the top when it was in the position near the drainage ditch. I feel one coming soon..it's just a matter of time.

I was at my first tournament, and we were wating for the two minuite warning waiting at our hole. We were taking practice shots off the tee, and one of the guys in our group got and ace. We all signed his disc, but because it was in practice, it didn't count for the ace pot. It was still cool to see.

First and only ace was at hole numero 6 at N. Asheboro park in NC, 310' quite wooded. Threw my 172 Star Sidewinder flat and watched it s curve perfectly with the line of the fairway and fade slightly into the basket. I stood there dumbfounded, threw my hands up a la victory fists, turned around to see that no one was there at all to witness it and then said "Damn!"

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course_pics/2478/0774d610.jpg

i hit my first ace a couple weeks ago at Winton Woods. It was the 18th hole and only 150ft. Its not really an impressive course or a long hole to ace, but hey, it's a legitimate course on a legitimate on a hole. I threw it dead straight with my beat KC Pro Roc. Didn't fade at all and just hit chains. It was my first ace after only 6 months playing, so I'm hoping for many more.

They will come....nice throw.

my first of 25 was in bayville park(va beach, va) hole 16..it is about 165ft of lefty hyzer..i hit 12 aces there in less than 3 years, but i was playing 10 rounds a week or so

This is a silly question, I know, but has anyone ever got any Ace playing "Big Beach Sports" on the Wii? My friend got really close last night playing. His first shot hit the top of the basket.

Not yet

Never got an ace that stayed in the basket but,I got a 2 on the 11th hole at Old Settlers Park.
Witness by my son Patrick.

My first was recently done in Riverfront Park, OR on hole 11. It was little over 200' on a hyzer shot through trees. There is a forehand/anny shot but not during a tourny due to the mando.. I felt like i was 10' tall right then :D

Latest posts