• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What was your first ever disc? Do you still have it or throw it?

ChampionKirby

Par Member
My first disc was a DX Dragon. When i started playing as you would probably guess it was very overstable (LOL). I stopped using it about 6 months ago and even when i did i only used it for water holes. Just seeing what most people started with. I'm guessing the majority is going to be a shark, leopard, and cheetah.

Post a pic if you still have it or have a pic of it!!!!!

Heres mine.

56083_g.jpg

Used Champ Beast was the first one I connected with. Threw it in a bog when I was in Illinois a couple years back, got a call about it a year later but told the guy to hold onto it. I had figured things out by then.

All of my first discs were donated by a buddy of mine who took me out for one of my first rounds. Pretty sure he also gave me an Aviar and a super beat DX Stingray. Still have that ray in my bag after all this time too.

Pearly Champion Leopard. I bought it at Clearwater Disc Golf Store and still have it and use it on a regular basis.

Innova DX Goblin. It's 6 years old, which means that I've had this disc for almost 1/3 of my life :) And it's still in the bag.

Attachments

• dxgoblin.jpg
    dxgoblin.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 30
The blue XD was my first disc. I also had a red firebird that I lost.

DSC01465.jpg

in 2008 my first discs was a discraft starter set; apx soft, pro d buzzz, pro d xl

in the pic is the buzzz and xl. i still throw them constantly! i gave away the apx soft to a family member to try to get them to play more.

picture.php

Surprised I'm the first one to post that started with the Innova Starter Kit - Aviar, Shark, Leopard all 150 DX. I don't use them anymore but I can't get my wife to use anything but those. She loves her green Leopard!!

My next disc was a white DX Beast with a rainbow stamp. It still was my go-to driver till last week when I grip-locked it into the water on #2 at the NSWC couse in VA. :( :(

Surprised I'm the first one to post that started with the Innova Starter Kit - Aviar, Shark, Leopard all 150 DX. I don't use them anymore but I can't get my wife to use anything but those. She loves her green Leopard!!

My next disc was a white DX Beast with a rainbow stamp. It still was my go-to driver till last week when I grip-locked it into the water on #2 at the NSWC couse in VA. :( :(

Do you ever play with Kachtz (Trey) there?

Champ Beast was the first disc I ever got... My friend gave it to me the first time we played.. I lost it a few weeks later into water at Dabney in Or.

First discs I bought were:

DX Wraith (iknorite?) - Cant throw it anymore, it has beat in to the point of being a roller.
Dx XD - Still throw to this day.. Not as a putter but as an understable approach or drive.

My first discs were a Wham-o starter set. As lousy as those discs were they got me hooked. I still have them. Then I went on line and with a little research, very little, I bought about a dozen assorted discs, mostly Innova. I still have and still use a Lightning Prostyle U-2.

The guy at PIAS in Fort Worth told me to get Pro-D Buzzz as my first disc and I picked a Birdie for a putter because it was $2.99.

The guy at PIAS in Fort Worth told me to get Pro-D Buzzz as my first disc and I picked a Birdie for a putter because it was $2.99.

that's refreshing. at PIAS near me they push the new speed 12-13s because they price them higher