• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What will be in Mcbeth's bag?

A Force has the same rim width as a Destroyer. And weren't the first McBeth stamped Destroyers on the beefy side? Seems like a no-brainer.

Predator really isn't a Firebird. Machete is closer. And McBeth toyed around with what? The Monster? Something with a little more rim width than a Firebird...

Vulture is close to a Thunderbird, although not quite as much stability. Same story with Undertaker vs. Teebird3. Who knows what he'll do for the fairway slots, but I'd assume he'll probably rep more than one of the new Discraft molds(including the Heat in here).

Roc3's aren't that overstable. And the Buzzz is Discraft's best seller. I'd be surprised if he didn't throw the Buzzz family. Maybe a Wasp instead of Buzzz OS, like Doss.

I don't know Discraft's putters besides the Challenger. Wouldn't be surprised if they brought out something new, since this seems to be an area they have fewer new mold introductions in.

A Force has the same rim width as a Destroyer. And weren't the first McBeth stamped Destroyers on the beefy side? Seems like a no-brainer.

Predator really isn't a Firebird. Machete is closer. And McBeth toyed around with what? The Monster? Something with a little more rim width than a Firebird...

Vulture is close to a Thunderbird, although not quite as much stability. Same story with Undertaker vs. Teebird3. Who knows what he'll do for the fairway slots, but I'd assume he'll probably rep more than one of the new Discraft molds(including the Heat in here).

Roc3's aren't that overstable. And the Buzzz is Discraft's best seller. I'd be surprised if he didn't throw the Buzzz family. Maybe a Wasp instead of Buzzz OS, like Doss.

I don't know Discraft's putters besides the Challenger. Wouldn't be surprised if they brought out something new, since this seems to be an area they have fewer new mold introductions in.
Pretty sure force is 2.3cm rim width (like xcaliber) and destroyer is 2.2cm. obviously not a huge difference

P. McB had a tendency to throw OOP or limited stuff while with Innova. I hope he throws at least one OOP Discraft mold I have in the vault. Selfishly, so it bumps the stale market up for older Discraft stuff and I can finally unload inventory

Uuuuhh not really. Star Destroyers, Champ Firebirds, Champ Teebirds, McPro/DX Rocs are all really easy to get.

another theory, I would bet a lot of internet money on is that they co develop a mold.

probably completely wrong but I don't think discraft has quite nailed the destroyer mold.. yeah the nuke goes farther but not as accurate. and the force is close but..

so if they good tweak the destroyer and make it as fast and controllable but with a better plastic grade than star...look out

another theory, I would bet a lot of internet money on is that they co develop a mold.

probably completely wrong but I don't think discraft has quite nailed the destroyer mold.. yeah the nuke goes farther but not as accurate. and the force is close but..

so if they good tweak the destroyer and make it as fast and controllable but with a better plastic grade than star...look out

Some Big Z or ESP tweaked Destroyers would be pretty sweet.

I don't know what he'll throw. Like literally I have no idea. And my god, apparently right now no one knows. It's a pretty unbelievable time to be alive, first Trump and now this. I'd love to sit here and state all the discs I think he should throw. Obviously I wouldn't do that and neither should you.

A Force or a Defender are already as close to a Destroyer copy as anyone's gonna get without making an actual copy of the mold.

Same .900"-.910" rim width. Wings look very similar, with the slightest of difference to avoid being a complete copy.

It's pretty obvious that Innova created something special with the Destroyer back in '06 or whenever it was. They Destroyer seems to be the perfect long-distance but still controllable driver for guys with big arms. So Discraft had to put out their version to catch some of the market, which they did not long after with the Force. The Force just happens to fly like the beefier runs of Destroyers. They even both have Star Wars themed names, although I can't say if that was intentional or a coincidence. Then DD gets big enough to have a complete line of discs, everyone asks for a "Trilogy Destroyer", so they release their version with the same flight and an even more similar name.

I bet if you give a top pro a stack of Star Destroyers, ESP Forces, and Fuzion Defenders with similar weights and the same PLH, they would throw them interchangeably. That's one of the things I'm most looking forward to if McBeth really is throwing Discraft next year- seeing how the discs I've compared for fun actually fly when a machine throws them.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised to see him liking the Surge. I can remember a clip with him & Sexton where McBeth was talking about how great the Wraith felt in his hand.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him liking the Surge. I can remember a clip with him & Sexton where McBeth was talking about how great the Wraith felt in his hand.
That's about the only thing that could save the surge from going OOP. C'mon Paul, please like that disc. I don't want to have to hoard anymore.

Reapers.. 10 of em in different worn in states he can finally come out of the closet with his Discraft addiction. Comets and Surges close behind. They will put a Force top on a reaper bottom and call it a Nugget, so the special runs can be McNuggets.

Maybe when he was hanging with Matt Dollar he threw an Envy and regrets wasting his best years with innova and now he needs better plastic to compensate.

Last edited:

A new mold specifically for mcbeth makes sense for sure. Probably an immediate best seller no matter what it is.

How bout the Ace Race version Mantis for the TB3 slot? They can still mold them up, they did for Ledgestone a while back. Nice and flat and closer to TB3 than Undertaker I think.

I'll be curious to see if there is a particular disc he likes even more than what he was filling that slot with on Innova. Instead of finding a second rate equivalent, he finds something that works even better for his particular style of throw?