• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What will be in Mcbeth's bag?

My guess is he's gunna bag a bunch of forces and undertakers then fill in the gaps with the Pred, and Nuke OS and maybe the vulture until he beats in some predators. He will also throw the heat for a roller. The rest seemed like he just was testing and showing us how they fly. That was hands down the best display of what Discraft drivers and plastics do that I have ever seen.

I'm surprised he did not try the Machete, that disc seems like an upgrade on the Predator IMO.

So he basicly throws every stable to OS driver Discraft makes in that video ( and the heat )

If he had thrown the Surge and Machete I might agree with you, but I guess the Surge and Vulture might overlap a bunch. I was suprised at how much the Punisher turned for him.

I think the flight of all those discs seemed a little bunched up because he was throwing uphill. The video probably would have been better on flat ground, and showed a more accurate representation of the capabilities of each driver. Overstable fast drivers often don't do that well on uphill shots anyway.

Obviously not all those molds will eventually make the bag. That said, I'm sure Discraft can have discs tailor made to suit McBeth's needs. If he needs a Nuke more stable or out of a certain plastic they'll make it happen. He is literally the face of their brand now. They aren't going to disappoint him with shoddy plastic.

I think this whole arrangement will be a huge win for Discraft. They'll start making molds out of different combos based on Paul's recommendations. Their discs will be seen way more than they are now and they'll get their name back on the map.

I would love to se him throw the Force vs Undertaker on flat ground. . .for me its just a few feet more with a 12-speed vs 9-speed disc.. . ( my longest throw ever is with a 9-speed disc )

But how much more distance do the best players Actually get with the "faster" discs . . . in this video Paul throw the 8/9-speed discs as far o further than the Force ( his main distancedriver )

Surpriced that the Predator looked WAY more OS than the Force.

The Sting is the flippiest disc i have ever thrown. The line from where it stays on angle or flips over and turns into a throwler might be about 5 degrees. I would bet it isnt not as consistent as Paul would like. That being said... I have no where near the skills of Paul's shadow.

The Sting is the flippiest disc i have ever thrown. The line from where it stays on angle or flips over and turns into a throwler might be about 5 degrees. I would bet it isnt not as consistent as Paul would like. That being said... I have no where near the skills of Paul's shadow.

Paul's shadow's game crushes open courses, but fades in the woods.

I would love to se him throw the Force vs Undertaker on flat ground. . .for me its just a few feet more with a 12-speed vs 9-speed disc.. . ( my longest throw ever is with a 9-speed disc )

But how much more distance do the best players Actually get with the "faster" discs . . . in this video Paul throw the 8/9-speed discs as far o further than the Force ( his main distancedriver )

Surpriced that the Predator looked WAY more OS than the Force.

It's a little uneven comparison as the Force is a pretty stable -0/3 type flight...when he threw high speed stuff with turn like the Crank and Nuke then they bombed way past.

However I think if he flexed the Force it would carry quite a ways and still have more wind resistance than the Nuke/Crank for him.

Those speed 9 glidey discs go FAR for anyone. They just require more height and don't eat up the wind like higher speed OS discs. So if you have the power to throw something like a Force or Destroyer far, then it makes sense out on an open course since it will hold straight then fade with no surprises.

I think Paul will keep the Nukes around. IMO the Force isn't quite long enough to be a main distance driver. I remember throwing it against Destroyers and the Force was always much beefier and more overstable.

I don't see him throwing the Force as far as a star Destroyer. The rim is much deeper and the Force isn't as fast as a Destroyer. The Force I threw was almost like an XCal. Manageable, but very overstable.

He seemed to like that Crank too. Those can be bombers, but they're inconsistent from disc to disc.

I think Paul will keep the Nukes around. IMO the Force isn't quite long enough to be a main distance driver. I remember throwing it against Destroyers and the Force was always much beefier and more overstable.

I don't see him throwing the Force as far as a star Destroyer. The rim is much deeper and the Force isn't as fast as a Destroyer. The Force I threw was almost like an XCal. Manageable, but very overstable.

He seemed to like that Crank too. Those can be bombers, but they're inconsistent from disc to disc.
This was interesting to watch for me too, I didn't see an obvious replacement for his fleet of destroyers in varying grades of stability. I'm not familiar with the Discraft drivers so I don't know if various plastics & stages of wear can mimic the range of shots the Destroyer gave him. It didn't look like he had it solved yet for sure.

This was interesting to watch for me too, I didn't see an obvious replacement for his fleet of destroyers in varying grades of stability. I'm not familiar with the Discraft drivers so I don't know if various plastics & stages of wear can mimic the range of shots the Destroyer gave him. It didn't look like he had it solved yet for sure.

The star Destroyer is somewhere between a Force and a Nuke. The Nuke is obviously faster and somewhat more understable. The Force is slower and more overstable. I wouldn't be shocked if Paul bags both. IMO the Nuke is too good a mold for him to totally pass up. There are plenty of beefy options available for it too.

I've heard talk of the Punisher. I know nothing about that disc, so I can't really opine on it.

I don't know...some Destroyers are super stable. My Force slots underneath my OS Destroyer, it definitely turns a bit easier and I get more distance with it. And I've thrown way more OS Destroyers than the one I bag, that are like speed 12 brick-like Firebirds.

I do think the Crank, in my minimal experience with it, can fly like milder Destroyers. I don't know if Forces can beat in to the point where they can be used like a bag full of Destroyers, but I could see a combination of Forces and Cranks working. I've just never thrown a beat enough Force for my arm to see what its distance capability is compared to a straight Destroyer.

I guess only time will tell what he ultimately settles on. We can sit here and speculate all we want.

I do think Discraft will eventually start creating new molds or variations to existing molds to suit Paul's needs though.

I guess only time will tell what he ultimately settles on. We can sit here and speculate all we want.

I do think Discraft will eventually start creating new molds or variations to existing molds to suit Paul's needs though.

Yeah and I'm really interested to see Infinite's sales charts after this season.

The Force is a Destroyer copy. Same rim width. Just happens to be more overstable on average. But I have a Destroyer that is probably my most thrown disc ever and is still at least as overstable as the few Forces I've thrown. And the first Force I ever threw was an ESP from the local used bin that didn't look beat up at all, but was one of the flippiest high speed drivers I've ever thrown. And McBeth seemed to throw "his overstable Destroyer" quite a lot based on the commentary on the videos I've seen. Paul will have no problem replacing his Destroyers with Forces, once he gets some beaten in a little. He just might have to keep a Crank in the bag for awhile until he gets a Force to the stability.

The Nuke would be different and interesting. I can see him never throwing one because he doesn't need the little bit of extra distance it might add since no one expects to be accurate enough to park 600'+ holes and especially with something that's a little less predictable than the Destroyer/Force, or I could see him occasionally throwing one if he also finds that they're a little straighter in both turn and fade than a Boss and he can actually put them where he wants because he's a frickin' machine...

I'm voting Force in the long run... it takes a while but once you beat a Force ESP in it is freaking amazing blows past the Nuke for distance, but an out of the box Nuke glow is still no Force it's less stable but squirrely by comparison... ESP Nuke moreso.

A beat in Force is definitely Destroyer territory and a straight low fade disc compared to out of the box... I got a stack of first run ESPs and only one of them is broken in... and it's amazing but I ran out of patience trying to break in its buddies.

Did Paul ever dabble with the Boss while with Innova? I never heard him mention it at any point. I guess if he never threw the Boss he might not feel the need to throw the Nuke either.

That said, I still think he'll find a spot in the Discraft bag for a Nuke.