• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What will be in Mcbeth's bag?

side comment about these videos...

anyone else surprised about some of the comments made about/lack of experience with these molds and plastics?

for someone making $250,000/year, i expected a bit more homework done on his part to develop a better depth of knowledge and accuracy in evaluation before presenting this marketing product to the public.

anyone else surprised about some of the comments made about/lack of experience with these molds and plastics?

for someone making $250,000/year, i expected a bit more homework done on his part to develop a better depth of knowledge and accuracy in evaluation before presenting this marketing product to the public.

I say it all the time and I'll say it again - this is a Building a Bag, not a What's In the Bag. And it was obviously filmed late last fall, so he likely knows a TON more now than what he did then.

I think it's fine that he expressed his uncertainty, it would be a little out of place if he just immediately knew all about another company's discs after only throwing innova for so long.

Like said above, it's a building a bag not an ITB.

I think it's very very interesting to see his sometimes very first thoughts / reactions to a disc. I also find it interesting when something does something different than he expects.

And finally, when he finally gets his bag worked out, it will be really interesting to see the stuff that didn't make it.

When I got picked up by Discraft in 2015, I started the switch in fall of 2014 and it took honestly till mid to late 2015 to feel 100% comfortable. It's not a pick up new discs and dominate thing. Yes, it's the archer not the arrow, but it still takes time and practice.

I think it's very very interesting to see his sometimes very first thoughts / reactions to a disc. I also find it interesting when something does something different than he expects.

And finally, when he finally gets his bag worked out, it will be really interesting to see the stuff that didn't make it.

When I got picked up by Discraft in 2015, I started the switch in fall of 2014 and it took honestly till mid to late 2015 to feel 100% comfortable. It's not a pick up new discs and dominate thing. Yes, it's the archer not the arrow, but it still takes time and practice.

MTL, could you tell D'craft to bring back the Flash?! It's such an underrated mold.

I for one have enjoyed the videos so far. This offseason has been one of the most entertaining in our sport in quite some time.

I say it all the time and I'll say it again - this is a Building a Bag, not a What's In the Bag.

thank you for over-emphasizing this point. like i didn't know this before posting my comment...

while most will probably agree, i do not think this was the best approach for a company trying to regain market share.

you and i both know his bag is mostly worked out. there won't be many surprises when an official ITB is posted.

congrats, but you don't make $250,000 to throw plastic at baskets or have the experience level/skill that he does. regardless of timing, there should have been more preparation on his part if Discraft was looking to target more than the "I'll-throw-anything-McBeth-puts-his-hands-on" market.

Last edited:
MTL, could you tell D'craft to bring back the Flash?! It's such an underrated mold.

I still bag one - one of the older firework versions. I had a newer one in the bag until last summer (I try to have as a few OOP molds in the bag as possible).

The Flash originally was a understable to stable (firework molds) and then the later became a lot more stable.

The Thrasher was intended to be the firework flash mold and then the Punisher the newer Flash mold.

I like the Thrasher, but just not quite as a straight flyer for me as the Firework I have perfectly tuned in. The ESP Punisher, however, was added to my bag and replaced the later run of Flash because the differences were very minor.

Pending on which type you like, I would recomend trying those.

Keep in mind the differences of plastic, however. For example, a Z Punisher was a bit too stable for the types of shots I wanted for it. The ESP (being a less stable plastic) was absolutely perfect. So just because the first Punisher / Thrasher you try isn't right stability wise, doesn't mean it's not the disc to replace the Flash. Just try the different plastics.

while most will probably agree, i do not think this was the best approach for a company trying to regain market share.

I could not disagree more.

If it turns out that he ends up throwing a disc for disc copy of his Innova bag - Raptor (firebird), Force (stable destroyer), Kong (distance destroyer), Undertaker (teebird 3), Drone (gator or whatever OS mid he threw), Wasp (stable Roc 3), Buzzz (understable Roc 3), Zone (really no disc for disc replacement, but we knew he would throw it), Luna (McPro Aviar) and whatever disc he will throw straight to replace the Nova - that's what we expect.

I would argue up and down all over that him showing all these different molds thrown and thinking about throwing did a million times more for Discraft as a whole trying to regain market share than throwing exactly what we expected.

Evn though I think the above will be his bag (maybe throw in a Heat or Crank or Nuke or something like that), seeing him throw things like the Zombee, Buzzz SS, Heat, etc did huge things for Discraft.

I think that him throwing a Zombee for 6 seconds on a youtube ad immediately added validity to a disc that basically no one threw. And I'm confident they have sold more of those in the last month than any other one month period since it's release.

I like the Thrasher, but just not quite as a straight flyer for me as the Firework I have perfectly tuned in.

I like the Thrasher. Truly. I bag a couple. But I don't FEEL like it's a super high speed driver. I rip on that thing and it just doesn't fly as far as I would expect. It is nuts straight and I can depend on it , but it doesn't get anywhere near my other 11/12/13 speed discs. Have you had this experience at all?

I like the Thrasher. Truly. I bag a couple. But I don't FEEL like it's a super high speed driver. I rip on that thing and it just doesn't fly as far as I would expect. It is nuts straight and I can depend on it , but it doesn't get anywhere near my other 11/12/13 speed discs. Have you had this experience at all?

I threw a few testers in Michigan when I was at the factory before it came out. They handed it to me and said "try this. We know you like the older flash. This is a disc that we are trying to make to replace it." I threw it and liked it, but yeah, it felt more like a 9 or 10 speed to me.

I really like the Firework Flash a lot. It would have taken a lot to get me to stop throwing it.

Pretty damn impressive, not even two weeks into the new year and he's got 4 signature discs and a prototype putter already available to purchase. I'm really tempted.

The proto putter is up at Marshall Street. They say, " Surprise, surprise, it looks and feels pretty similar to an Aviar."

According to one guy I've talked to, it's the love child of a Roach and an Aviar

I will admit, McBeth finally pushed me over the edge to try out the Force. Got one headed my way from Marshall Street. I figure if I don't like it it's a pretty neat stamp and I do like watching McBeth play golf so it works out

Last edited:
The proto putter is up at Marshall Street. They say, " Surprise, surprise, it looks and feels pretty similar to an Aviar."

If it is indeed a Roach bottom as I've heard, then it should look and feel like an Aviar as much as Pures, Wardens, Warlocks, and PA2s feel like an Aviar.

Honestly it feels more like a Roach than an aviar to me. It is an amazing putter though. The plastic blend is awesome. Firm yet grippy. Instantly my favorite Discraft putter yet.

I've got too many Roaches to switch, but I love the Rubber Blend. I'll probably rotate a couple Luna's into practice and just hope they run Roaches in either this new blend, or the original eventually.

Profile of the luna

Attachments

• 49330459_10157667233508797_4158070156947357696_n.jpg
    49330459_10157667233508797_4158070156947357696_n.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 75
Honestly it feels more like a Roach than an aviar to me. It is an amazing putter though. The plastic blend is awesome. Firm yet grippy. Instantly my favorite Discraft putter yet.

Is it really amazing though... considering it's a copy of a copy?

I caved and bought a Buzzz. One throw I've had trouble with is the dead straight line (non hyzer-flip). In Paul's video his ESP Buzzz goes dead straight and I've always admired his ability to throw those lines consistently (Nova, Teebird3 etc.). Maybe with some practice the Buzzz can fit between my Meteor and Emac Truth.

I caved and bought a Buzzz. One throw I've had trouble with is the dead straight line (non hyzer-flip). In Paul's video his ESP Buzzz goes dead straight and I've always admired his ability to throw those lines consistently (Nova, Teebird3 etc.). Maybe with some practice the Buzzz can fit between my Meteor and Emac Truth.

Please correct me if I am wrong, I may just be making assumptions here, but wasn't the Truth intended to fill the Buzzz slot for Dynamic Discs? I'm not sure you will see enough differentiation to merit bagging both.