• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What would your Stats look like?

Grip N Rip

Par Member
Make a little chart like mine below showing what you feel is your skill range.

O-poor
OO-okay but needs work
OOO-not bad, not great
OOOO-fairly consistant
OOOOO-Pro level
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My stats

Driving:OOO
Approach:OOOO
Putting:OO
Recovery Shot:OOOO
------------------------------------------------------------------------
(recovery shot- A shot that makes up for a poor drive and saves strokes/par)
That's my def. atleast.

Driving:OOO
Putting:O
Recovery Shot:OOOO

Make a little chart like mine below showing what you feel is your skill range.

O-poor
OO-okay but needs work
OOO-not bad, not great
OOOO-fairly consistant
OOOOO-Pro level

( for halves! (As I'm assuming billnchristy did)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My stats

Driving:000( <- Forearm a 4, backhand 2.5 to 3
Approach:0000
Putting:0(
Recovery Shot:000(
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Driving:OO(
Putting:OO
Recovery Shot:OOO

My drive usually sucks and I usually make up for it with an above average approach. And then I miss the putt and take a bogey.

another post where some people will call me a braggard(for the umpteenth time)
driving:0000
approach:0000(
putting:000
recovery:0000(

putting is the hardest part of golf for me, and i feel if i were more consistent i would be rated 1000+...my recovery and approach game is where i see mysaelf gaining strokes on the course...saving that 3

Yup, you're bragging................. but rightfully so :D

driving:000)
approach:000(
recovery:00(

My recovery shots were practically nonexistant a couple years back. I was too busy grumbling about the chitty shot that got me there and then looking for the miracle shot(thats usually not there). Turned what could be a 4 into a 7 too many times..........

Last edited:
putting is the hardest part of golf for me, and i feel if i were more consistent i would be rated 1000+...my recovery and approach game is where i see myself gaining strokes on the course...saving that 3

I feel the same way about myself, except for the 1000+ rating :D

My approaches and recoveries have saved my ass numerous times (and I count on them to) after a sub-par drive.

driving: 00 ( good distance but I am working on getting rid of grip lock)
approach: 000
putting: 000(
recovery: 0000

I get in so much trouble with my drives that I have to be at least okay at the rest. Especially the recovery. I played a game at sunrise this morning that was a perfect example.

driving:00(
approach:000(
putting:00
recovery:00

I'm still working/learning, and I know it ;) My putting has recently improved substantially, as has my driving accuracy. My driving distance has creeped up a bit lately (I think), but still seems to be maxing out in the 250-260 range.

As a side note, I think it's interesting that almost everyone thinks they are really good at approach shots. Do people think that this is a) because approach shots are actually really easy, comparatively, b) that we don't demand much of ourselves on approach shots (i.e. within 15'-20' is fine ...), or c) when you are bad at first, you throw a lot of these, and get good at them by necessity?

driving:0( (working hard to get more distance)
approach:000
putting:00
recovery:000

I have more problems with my drive. I cant find the flow, I just tense up and stop with little follow through.

As a side note, I think it's interesting that almost everyone thinks they are really good at approach shots. Do people think that this is a) because approach shots are actually really easy, comparatively, b) that we don't demand much of ourselves on approach shots (i.e. within 15'-20' is fine ...), or c) when you are bad at first, you throw a lot of these, and get good at them by necessity?

I think it depends on what people consider an approach. I generally consider anything within 220 feet an approach, sometimes extending to 250 feet or so. At that range I consider being able to place the disc within 25 feet of the pin a good approach. If I'm able to give myself a high percentage putt, I consider it a successful approach.

putting is the hardest part of golf for me, and i feel if i were more consistent i would be rated 1000+...my recovery and approach game is where i see mysaelf gaining strokes on the course...saving that 3

For reference, if you are asked to evaluate your skills, and you are really good, evaluating yourself as being really good isn't bragging - it's responding to a question. Near 1000 sounds like "really good" to me. ;)

Originally Posted by 80playedin10states

Naw, I won't call you a braggard...I will call you a crappy putter. ;)

My stats

Driving: OO to OOO--Pretty consistent and accurate but only 200-250 feet long :(
Approach:OOOO--I think the reason I've developed my approach shot so well is because of the wooded courses I love playing and the fact that my drives aren't that long
Putting:OOO--pretty consistent
Recovery Shot:OOOO--my greatest growth area in the last year or so--I've added some new shots that really have helped--thumber, tomahawk, forehand

Driving:OOO (can't get past that 320' barrier) But accurate for the most part.
Approach:OOO
Putting:OOOO (its always what saves my round)
Recovery Shot:OOO

Latest posts