• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the best part of your game?

I was going to say "I'm decent at scrambling when in trouble," but I realized that = "I'm not really good at disc golf."

I've gotten pretty strong at finding things hidden in stupid places to leave things.

My strength is the mental game. You aren't going to work me, I'm not going to get angry if I miss a shot and I will quickly forget about that missed shot. I stay calm and focused and don't make many mistakes.

I'm not deaf, I'm ignoring you.

Good at Pitch putting and upshots.

Bad at distance and aim off the tee. Especially bad if you put the two together.

But I'm reworking my form and it's getting better.

Putting, with an honorable mention to upshots which I've gotten pretty good at landing in my putting comfort zone. At my age and relative noob status, I'm comfortable with the idea that I'm not going to be a hero off the tee. I concentrate on getting myself in good position to hit chains.

Being versatile and conservative.

Im a boring player, but throw all shot styles except thumber rollers. So I have multiple shots for every situtation. I dont play for birdies where risk comes into play so that elminates blow up holes and super hot rounds.

I used to spend a lot of time in the thick woods so now I am pretty good at pitching back out to the fairway.

The best/most consistent part of my game is probably my approach shots. Putting is spotty at best with an occasional hot round, and driving has it's good days and then some god awful days.

Every time people say that the best part of their game is throwing a hyzer I chuckle a little. I've meet a lot of players but I've never meet a person who was "bad" at throwing a hyzer shot. It is the easiest way to throw & a lot of beginners throw everything with hyzer.

I'm really strong off the tee and if that were all Disc Golf is I'd be extremely competitive in the division. I'm one of the weakest players you'll run into in the circle in the Open division usually though.

Every time people say that the best part of their game is throwing a hyzer I chuckle a little. I've meet a lot of players but I've never meet a person who was "bad" at throwing a hyzer shot. It is the easiest way to throw & a lot of beginners throw everything with hyzer.

I get what you mean but I kind of disagree. I see a lot of new players throwing nose up or throwing a disc too fast for them so yes they fade left, but I don't see a lot of people at all at my (low) skill level throwing proper hyzers. Mostly they throw high and the disc starts to fade at it's apex instead of throwing through the apex and taking the same line the whole way. That's not particularly easy to do, but you can throw either way and get similar results, so maybe it's to-may-to to-mah-to or whatever.

Weakest - Backhand distance - I have none.

Upshots(inside 200') BH & FH are pretty good. Putting also pretty good but has occasional lapses.

Forehand is a definite strength - Especially tight lines in the woods.

Biggest advantage is possibly a very strong(I think) Forehand roller. I can hit lines with it and have gotten it close to 400'.

I have a friend or two that struggle to throw a good hyzer shot. Nose up and it carries high in the air or not enough power and the disc finishes way too early. Not to mention they struggle with accuracy.

I have a friend or two that struggle to throw a good hyzer shot. Nose up and it carries high in the air or not enough power and the disc finishes way too early. Not to mention they struggle with accuracy.

You still have to admit its the easiest way to throw. Anhyzer & Flat shots are a lot harder to execute than a hyzer. Chances are if someone is throwing nose up & having trouble with hyzers they will have even greater trouble with anhyzers. That's why most people who are new to DG hyzer everything or throw an anhyzer with an OS disc with poor form so they get an S line out of it.

You still have to admit its the easiest way to throw. Anhyzer & Flat shots are a lot harder to execute than a hyzer. Chances are if someone is throwing nose up & having trouble with hyzers they will have even greater trouble with anhyzers. That's why most people who are new to DG hyzer everything or throw an anhyzer with an OS disc with poor form so they get an S line out of it.

True. Probably why it's the best part of so many peoples' game.

Latest posts