• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What's equal out of the box to a broke in understable teebird?

Viking -1 turn behaves like my 7/10 168g tee bird and doesn't seem to Finnish as hard as a fresh tee bird . It should be easy to get a Viking to hold an anny line at 360 ft. Rim and grip feel is also very similar

Recently picked up a Westside Hatchet and it's been a great compliment so far to my Teebirds. It has just as good, if not even better glide and can hold a nice straight line on a hyzer flip, or turn over gently when thrown flat.

400 f3 is the best for what u describe. I can throw mine flat and it will turn right for nearly the whole flight, not turn over into a roller but glide right. or hyzer flip it straight for the entire flight.

DGA Undertow all day. Love it for S curve forehands and turnovers. Also a great forehand roller

Patriot is a good call, but not be quite as understable out of the box as the OP wants I'm assuming. Leopard, River, F7 are all spot on. I'm thinking a pretty beat teebird will turn pretty easily, but hold the anny line for a while before it fights back in the last 30-50 ft?

C-line FD is about what a nicely beat in Star Teebird is like for me.

Patriot is a good call, but not be quite as understable out of the box as the OP wants I'm assuming. Leopard, River, F7 are all spot on. I'm thinking a pretty beat teebird will turn pretty easily, but hold the anny line for a while before it fights back in the last 30-50 ft?

YES! This is it! I want a turning disc. So my old teebird I could hyzer flip and it drift right the whole flight until the very end where it flattens out or have a slight fade to it...

So a new TL would not be understable enough. Either would a c line fd. I'm thinking the river might be good. Or I was looking at the MVP line up... Inspire or switch or amp. I worry the amp will be to long....

The switch is good, but the one I have is pretty stable. It will turn but it can also go pretty straight.

YES! This is it! I want a turning disc. So my old teebird I could hyzer flip and it drift right the whole flight until the very end where it flattens out or have a slight fade to it...

So a new TL would not be understable enough. Either would a c line fd. I'm thinking the river might be good. Or I was looking at the MVP line up... Inspire or switch or amp. I worry the amp will be to long....

My opto river will drift right a bit and then hook up late, depending on the angle. So I bought a 165g Gstar Leopard and it turns a bit more and fades a bit less, right out of the box. Filled an immediate role, and chose it over the Icon Patriot because it had more turn.

Def 300S F7... or 400S for a hair more fade.

Cheetah, baby. Do it.

DX Cheetah Baby! This disc gets no love from the masses. This was one of the first drivers I ever bought. My DX is so beat that when Hyzer flipped it goes out with a looong slight right turn followed by a laaaate slight tick of fade back.

Next option...Buy a new DX Bird and go beat it in real quick. Introduce it to some trees, the basket, the street, a curb, take it to some semi rough concrete and scrape/work it in.

You could probably do this to a DX disc REAL quick as I know you said you were short on time.

I agree with the Pro Leopard sentiments. 6 speed doesn't really mean all that much. It's a smaller rimmed driver but with similar glide.

I like the Patriot, River and Leopard recommends.
Other stuff that came to mind:
Millennium Polaris LS, Gateway Apache, Lightning F2 Prostyle

Latest posts