• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats in your bag 2007

J2 said:
my bag after reading through these forums for a couple months

Putter:
172g dx Aviar PnA

Midrange:
176g 11x KCPro Roc (brand new)
170g dx Roc (starting to break it in, a few months wear)

Drivers:
170g Champ Firebird (my overstable driver)
172g Z Avenger (moderatly overstable for anny max distance)
169g Champ Eagle-x ( moderately overstable)
175g dx Eagle-x (used, still fairly straight)
175g dx Eagle-x (beat turnovers, rollers)

5 molds, 8 discs
I think its pretty good where its at, was thinking about a more understable max dist driver.
If you see any holes dont hesitate to point em out.

oh and do you guys think a dx firebird or a dx viking would be a more useful addition?

Made a couple changes, based on comments here. been throwing it this way for a couple months. can throw about 380' on a max d line with my x avenger, and i just found out i can throw my putter pretty far 260-280 ish dead straight

Putter:
172g dx Aviar PnA

Midrange:
176g 11x KCPro Roc (new, overstable)
177g dx Roc (new)
170g dx Roc (slightly broken in, primary mid)

Drivers:
170g Champ Firebird (my overstable driver, thumbers)
172g Z Avenger (moderatly overstable distance)
170g X Avenger (Max D anything)
169g Champ Eagle-x ( moderately overstable control)
175g dx Eagle-x (control used, still fairly straight)
174g glow Eagle-x (newish, breaking it in to replace my really beat eagle i lost)

5 molds, 10 discs

I was messing with my bag recently and found something that works well for me:
3x gazelle 170-173 2 new and 1 beat
2x avenger ss 173 new (just got this recently, I am still auditioning them)
2x firebird 179 newish
2x d buzzz 175 1 new and 1 beat
2x drone 173 new (loving this disc)
2x s wizard

Any comments and suggestions are really appreciated.

1x Star Destroyer 175g
1x Champ TeeBird 172g
2x Champ Firebird (1 new, headwind/hyzer)(1 beat, straight) 172, 175g
5x Roc (1 ontario,1 classic, 2 KC, 1 dx) 172-180g
2x TeeRex (1 new)(1 beat) 174g
1x Star SL (long turnovers) 170g

2x JK Pro Aviar X (1new for short drives) (1 beat for putts) 174g

any suggestions?

S Wizard

DX, Glo, KC Roc

Pro TL

Z Express

Star Teebird

DX, Champ KC Firebird

DX, Pro, Star Wraith

I know the TL and Express overlap, but if you see anymore overlap or something missing in my bag I would appreciate any input!

rusch_bag said:
1 - Aviar P&A
3 - DX Rocs at different weights and beatness levels
2 - DX Gazelles both 171
2 - SOLF 165, 170
2 - SOLS 165, 170

Good bag. I would suggest adding a truly overstable pig to the mix to use as a utility / get out of jail disc. The Z Predator is my favorite for this slot. Other suggestions are: Champ Banshee, Spirit, Firebird, Max, Flick, or even a mid like a Q-Sentinel or Gator.

cmlasley said:
rusch_bag said:
1 - Aviar P&A
3 - DX Rocs at different weights and beatness levels
2 - DX Gazelles both 171
2 - SOLF 165, 170
2 - SOLS 165, 170

Good bag. I would suggest adding a truly overstable pig to the mix to use as a utility / get out of jail disc. The Z Predator is my favorite for this slot. Other suggestions are: Champ Banshee, Spirit, Firebird, Max, Flick, or even a mid like a Q-Sentinel or Gator.

Wow I wish i had the discipline to have a bag this clean, simple, and DGRish - nice job.

2x Aviar P&A
1x DX Shark, starting to get a little too understable. Need a new one.
1x DX Cobra, same as the Shark. Starting to fall right.
1x DX ROC, fairly new, learning to throw it.
1x DX beast, fairly new. I've had a couple of nice throws with it. Slowly replacing my Cobra as my go to driver.

I am plan on buying a couple more versions of the disc listed above. Maybe another driver.

2 174g Z flicks (headwinds, forehands and rollers up to 380)
2 174g ESP Tracker (Hyzer to flat drives up to 400)
2 174g Z Tracker (Flat to turn over drives up to 400)
2 174g Z Crush (first run) (Max D, thumbers and backhand rollers)
3 176g D Drone (new, used, and beat-spikes hyzers to flat drives up to 350)
2 176g ESP Meteor (both new flat drives to turnovers, finess drives up to 350)
1 174g ESP Banger GT (Short hyzer drives up to 300)
2 174g D Banger GT (Flat, turnover drives up to 300)
2 174g D Challenger (Cam Todd) (jump putts and upshots up to 100)
1 175g Z Xtreme (only comes out on really windy days)

discbones said:
1x DX beast, fairly new. I've had a couple of nice throws with it. Slowly replacing my Cobra as my go to driver.

That's quite a step b/t the Cobra and the Beast for a main driver.

cmlasley said:
discbones said:

That's quite a step b/t the Cobra and the Beast for a main driver.

By no means have I completely got my bag nailed down. Actually just getting back into the game after a 10 year lay off. Lot's of disc have come out since then.

Back when I was playing more the Cobra was considered a driver. I am playing it anywhere from 225-275' with decent control. I wanted to make the step to the newer drivers and the Beast is what they had available at Dick's the day I went. It feels good in my hand. As I get more comfortable controlling it I am playing it on those tight 300+ holes that I normally played the Cobra. Seems to be working out.

discbones said:
Back when I was playing more the Cobra was considered a driver. I am playing it anywhere from 225-275' with decent control. I wanted to make the step to the newer drivers and the Beast is what they had available at Dick's the day I went. It feels good in my hand. As I get more comfortable controlling it I am playing it on those tight 300+ holes that I normally played the Cobra. Seems to be working out.

I would really consider getting something modern, but slower, like a D Cyclone or DX Gazelle as a primary driver if you are just getting back into it. The Beast is a good disc for beginners as far as high speed drivers are concerned, but you could do better. How far are you throwing the Beast? If less than 300', I would consider discing down for a bit.

I've thrown the beast 320' on a slight hyzer with very little glide. I imagine that will increase when I get it to flatten.

Thanks for the advice. I'll look to fell the gap between the Beast and the Cobra.

Drivers: DX Wraith, DX Valkyrie, DX & Proline Orcs, Champion Sidewinder, DX Gazelle, DX Teebird Midranges: DX Roc and Champion Cobra Putter: DX Aviar P&A

new to the forum so I figured I'd post my bag, I just recently switched to almost all discraft for the consistency benefits from year to year, because I find their plastic to be just as good, I think the 05 and 07 world s help to prove that. so here is my bag.

175 XAvenger, primary distance drive I can push 360 to 380 on a small flip with it, still very straight though.
175 ZAvenger, for super straight D with a perdictable fade, also a very consistent disc.
172 ZWildcat for big S drives
175 ZXL thrown with just a little hyzer for lazer drives that I can still push far and for slight anhyzer curves.
170 DXL, beat in hard for great turnover shots that won't come back something I found hard to get in innova.
175 ZSurge just for my rare forehand throw it just seems to work for it.
175 ZExtreme definately my favorite disc of all time, unnaffeted by the wind great for tight hyzer approaches throw it on a hyzer and it kinfes verticle. Just an amazing disc on the whole.
175 XExtreme just the same except for driving of the tee and for a bit more grip on wet days.
150 champ eagle, don't ask me why but it works for my thummers, ~180 feet.
175 Pro and Star rhynos, probably will be the last disc I replace from innova I may not, great for tough 150 to 200 foot lazer approchs in the trees.
175 ESP Buzz for approaches for 175-250 hyzer, flat or anhyzer.
175 X Soft APX the hardest switch from innova was my aviar but I got a great recommendation on the APX and I use it for everything from 150 and in.
I'm working on getting my bag a bit smaller but trust me it used to be a lot bigger and more random.

:D

Put a challenger in your bag they are much much much closer to aviar's than your apx if that is what you are looking for. Just don't get hooked on the swirl's you will pay $30 ever time you need an extra putter.

I'm with him on the swirls. They're ok, but not that extra $18 worth of ok...

But the challenger/apx thing...Depends on what aviar you're replacing. The challenger is more like a big bead than an APX is, though really not by all THAT much, but the APX is more like an aviar p/a than a challenger, but neither are QUITE like the p/a, so not by much, either...

I replaced a big bead with a challenger, and I'm on an APX now, and far happier than I was with my challenger, so...YMMV

Been quite some time since I posted my bag:

168 DX Aviar
172 DX Aviar
176 KC Pro Aviar
170 D Buzz
175 Z Buzz
175 Z Wasp
172 DX Valkyrie
172 DX Teebird
172 Champ Starfire
174 Champ Firebird
172 DX Beast (old mold)

Recently switched to a Rev Mini bag... my knees and back are thanking me :lol:

175 CE TL (dead straight driver)
175 CE EL (long hyzers, sidearms)
175 Z-Tsunami (flicks, hyzers, etc)
175 Star Valk (long drives that finish left)
169 Pro TL (super beat flippy long turnover driver)
16? Champ Sidewinder (long drives that finish right)
180 DX Ontario Cobra (beat, hyzer flips that finish right)
180 DX Ontario Cobra (new, hyzer flips that finish straight)
180 DX Ontario Roc (long upshots, midrange drives)
177 1st run Buzzz (starting to replace the TL, absurdly straight)
172 Rattler (touch shots, fairway ace runs, low airbounces, long annies, pre-round catch, putting, anything :twisted: )
175 SS Wizard (upshots, short drives, putting)

The eagle is starting to get bit too straight and the tsunami is too heavy for what I want to do with it... I picked up a light FLX pred and it feels sweet... do they eventually beat in and get straighter?

Latest posts