• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the funniest activity you've seen at a dgc?

Soon as i finished reading this, i checked where you live ,to see if it was Grand Rapids! Every thursday night theres people doing this exact same thing at the course i go to.
I go to the University of Northern Iowa and there is a club that does it in the football dome on Tuesday nights.. coincidentally at the same time as flag football. Every time the football goes where theyre at we yell 'NUKE'

Not quite funny activity, but I finally dragged my wife to do a quick 9 holes (she's only gone once before when I played with a friend of mine but she didn't play). She kind of half played, instead shooting from the ace race tee's and did a lot of picking up her disc and moving around trees... but she still threw so it was a good start.

Anyways... twice we were interrupted as a couple of classes came hiking by. Apparently they were doing some sort of nature walk field trip and was using the course as their trails.

The people beating each other with foam weapons is a group called the Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA). I have a cousin who does it and some groups are quite competitive. They hit really hard and the foam isn't quite as soft as it looks. Type in SCA on youtube and some videos should pop up on it.

kinda but not quite, SCA uses rattan(solid bamboo). Amtgard is the group playing with the foam swords(pcp pipe with foam). There where tons of these two groups around during collage.

Hippy007

I've seen the LARPers when I played in Sioux Falls, SD. As funny as some stuff looks to us, you have to realize how funny DG looks to someone who has no idea you're even playing a sport, instead they think you're just a lonely person that has no one to play catch with.

I just now remembered....one of the funniest things I've seen on a DGC was people "playing" DG. I was playing a brand new course (it was a week or two old) and I saw this group of 8 or more (adults and little kids) with I think 1 Whammo Frisbee. They were throwing the disc and running after it full speed picking it up and throwing it towards the basket. I do believe they were racing each other to the disc and be the first to get it in?

I really didn't know what to say about that, I'd try to explain the game to them...but they were having waaaay to much fun.

I just now remembered....one of the funniest things I've seen on a DGC was people "playing" DG. I was playing a brand new course (it was a week or two old) and I saw this group of 8 or more (adults and little kids) with I think 1 Whammo Frisbee. They were throwing the disc and running after it full speed picking it up and throwing it towards the basket. I do believe they were racing each other to the disc and be the first to get it in?

I really didn't know what to say about that, I'd try to explain the game to them...but they were having waaaay to much fun.

Something like this?

How about a quartet of guys out there in the woods practicing with their bagpipes?

(What do you mean, "practicing what?")

Chavez Ridge CA. The course was built on what was the "gay hook-up spot". Essentially random gay dudes would casually meet in this section of the park to "play" in the bushes. That is why they chose to put in a DG course there.. to scare them off. Initially there was some overlap between "hook-up" spot and DG course. There were lots of stories of "moaning" bushes and naked dudes streaking across fairways. I avoided the place all together because of that... I think most so-cal DG'ers still do.
DSCJNKY
I haven't been back. ;)

What the hell was that?
Seconded, watched twice and still don't get it.

Will has some kinky female zebra fetish.
Beats a male zebra fetish
LargeA81284.jpg

Lame, but not flaming.

Latest posts