• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your backhand flaw?

Your backhand flaw?

• Nose Angle (too low/high)

Votes: 33 23.7%
  • X-step/run up (I have two left feet)

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Reach back (Did you say reach around?)

Votes: 9 6.5%
  • Pull through (Paco starts my lawn mower, not me)

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • Snap (I am limp-wristed Larry)

Votes: 38 27.3%
  • Follow Through (I fall down like a drunk fairy)

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Off Axis Torque (discs flutter, turn over, etc.)

Votes: 31 22.3%

• Total voters
Hrm, who knows! I added a run up last Friday and saw an immediate increase in distance and decrease in accuracy. So, um, I'll report back after I throw another couple hundred drives with a run up. The largest mechanical problem I have with both the standstill and run up drives is my head not getting pointed at the target before I release. "Largest" only because it's something I've identified as not correct and will get worked on in the near future. :p

For the moment, I put "nose up", which seems to be the biggest problem.

It was really confusing at the monthly on Saturday. I ended up throwing most from a standstill.

I have problems with my depth of reach-back. When I really go for the big reach-back, it throws off my rhythm, which throws off just about everything else.

When Im going bad I tend to roll my wrist and release with a ton of snap a shot that will go monster D ,for me anyways, to the right. It pisses me off that I still cant fix this problem and maintain that power. Ive sacrificed power to cure OAT but my best snap seems to derive from OAT. My best power shots are anhyzers because I can recklessly snap the hell out of it and get a desired efffect. I cant seem to figure out maximum snap and straight shots with any consisency. (dont anyone dare suggest fan grips...I want to maintain power) I am still learning though and have made some strides here and there. I do think everyone has some OAT...why else would stable/overstable plastic be so popular. Can of worms but seriously were amongst friends...I know everyone OATs!

the short arm-elbow leading thing from the beato video i cant do while using a reach back if i use a reach back i have trouble getting snap