• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] What's your opinion on Champion TeeBirds?

brettmartin

I was playing disc golf yesterday and some guys were in part of a lake. He pulled out a DX Valkyrie and said I could have it. We got to talking and he was driving off but stopped and came back and told me I could have his Champion TeeBird. I heard they are pretty good discs?

Earlier that day I found a Champion Valkyrie in the woods but it had a number on it so I called the guy to give it back :)

I love my teebird more and more, each time I throw it. It's very predictable. I have been using it more and more as well.

Well, I like the Star for my Tee Bird wayyyy more than the champion plastic.

I have a dx, a champ edition, and an x-out champ. They all fly really well. Best damn disc in my bag other than the roc. Star Skeeter putter not far behind.

I needs me a star tee and a tl.

Last edited:
Piece of crap. No, but seriously I love my Star TB, and the new champ my bro just got is taking some serious strokes off his game as well. It's a staple, everyone should have one, or a TL.

Brett...you seem to be getting a collection of discs going.....probably gonna have to fork out some cash for a bag to hold them and your keys pretty soon.

Champ Tee Bird. Nice gift...enjoy.

Champ TeeBird, one of the best discs EVER!!! I love my champion TeeBird.

Brett...you seem to be getting a collection of discs going.....probably gonna have to fork out some cash for a bag to hold them and your keys pretty soon.

Champ Tee Bird. Nice gift...enjoy.

Haha, thanks man. I now have six discs. I have been playing for years but this is probably the most I have held at one point just because I have lost so many or only bought a few at once.

Yes champ teebirds rock...my favorite is the CFR glo tee bird, seem to be a little more overstable..

I love my champion teebird, used it for majority of my drives yesterday playing 2 rounds. It's just so predictable.

A Champ TeeBird has been in my bag almost my entire disc golf life, and pretty much is tenured.

I wasn't a huge TB fan until recently. They used to be a little too stable for me, but now that my form is better and I'm getting my hips through nicely they go dead straight.

I picked up a Star Teebird back in December. I fell in love with it, but then something happened.

I picked up a Champion Teebird and never looked back.

It's now my main driver. I use it for all drives 300'+. It's very controllable and can still be thrown for distant without turning over. I threw a 400' drive with it today without turning it over. It's got enough overstability that it's hard to turn over, but not too much because it will hold a straight line.

Bottom-Line: Best Driver I've ever thrown.

I find the Champion Teebird to be a dead long straight driver. It doesn't flip over on hard rips, goes straight for about 300 to 325 feet before it starts to fade off. BEST straight stable driver available!

I use a my Champion Teebird for all my finesse drives. I have bought some of the newer champion ones but I am still using one of the opaque ones. It feel that is has a better grip.

Sigh,
I don't seem to have enough distance to enjoy all the benefits of a Champ Teebird. I have one, but it's a bit too overstable for me.

I picked up a Star Teebird back in December. I fell in love with it, but then something happened.

I picked up a Champion Teebird and never looked back.

It's now my main driver. I use it for all drives 300'+. It's very controllable and can still be thrown for distant without turning over. I threw a 400' drive with it today without turning it over. It's got enough overstability that it's hard to turn over, but not too much because it will hold a straight line.

Bottom-Line: Best Driver I've ever thrown.

hmmm makes me want to think twice about my star selection. I will have to give the champion a longer look next time.

Teebirds are amazing. Some of the best, most predictable lines of any disc and are great in wind. I've usually got 2 or 3 champion TBs and a light Star TB in my bag for all rounds. If I am playing a minimalist round (driver/putter), a Champ Teebird is always my driver of choice. If I could only have one driver, it would be a Champ TB.