• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your weakness?

mine is standing backhand throws I couldn't hit a 30 foot gap with that. but running up I can. and forehand I can hit pretty much any gap standing, but those standing backhands are awful

What course is this? I would like to see this. Lol

Here is some amateur video of the offender

1232904646_Technoviking_zps5571ede2.gif

My forehand is really bad. I can fudge it if I need to but usually my forehand shots are not good. I've been working on improving it but not so much yet.

Where do I start? My putting is probably the weakest aspect of my game. Once I start missing putts I allow it to affect my mental game. I start getting very mad/disappointed in myself because I know I am capable to playing much better than my scorecards indicate. I throw left handed backhand but can't throw left handed forehand to save my life. What forehand ability I do have is all right handed. My brain is all kinds of jacked up. I back hand lefty but tomahawk, forehand, and turbo putt right handed. All that combined = 850 rated player :(

dealing with the horrible people i encounter on the course. ive ran into the same mother****er my last 3 times out. he has a grocery cart with some sort of ridiculous boombox playing the worst dubstep, throws 3 discs off the tee every time, and plays so poorly he takes forever to clear a hole. he also refuses to let anyone play through, and never wears a shirt to boot. and after finally making a putt, he texts and changes the song for a few minutes. my patience is running awfully thin.

i hope i run into this baller sometime. literally a grocery cart?

Pride is definitely my weakness. Gets in my head and messes with my game. Also, speed, too many back problems over the years has hurt my acceleration to the hit and makes it hard to keep my back straight.

From 75-135' I have no depth perception. I normally come up way short or throw way long. I have been practicing that range a lot lately and have seen vast improvements. I just wish I was more consistent with my overall game, some days my drives are on point and I can not make a 15' putt, then other days I can only drive 240ish accurately and sink 40 footers all day long. If I could bring it together (I have done it twice!) I shoot well under par and it makes me really love the game.

dealing with the horrible people i encounter on the course. ive ran into the same mother****er my last 3 times out. he has a grocery cart with some sort of ridiculous boombox playing the worst dubstep, throws 3 discs off the tee every time, and plays so poorly he takes forever to clear a hole. he also refuses to let anyone play through, and never wears a shirt to boot. and after finally making a putt, he texts and changes the song for a few minutes. my patience is running awfully thin.

ugh...the dubstep people. lets force everyone to listen to our horrible music and get ridiculously offended when someone asks us politely to turn it down....sigh. i think i would go to a different course or just wait til he is a long long way away.

besides inconsistent putting/mental game....

-- overthrowing. If I get fatigued, or frustated, i.e. lose focus, I tend to start overthrowing and lose the timing/feel. Cascades into several different problems...spinning out, rounding, early acceleration, chopped off followthrough, overstriding in runup, tighteneing up (so shoulder pain) etc etc etc. Basically it's like a fall back to my earlier sports days where without thinking about it I start letting brute force try to take over. I've gotten to where I can usually catch myself doing this before the end of a round, which is a start.

-- all but non-existent roller game, and iffy longer OH game. Mediocre (but better) FH, mediocre (but better) 100-200 ft game. All things that I don't practice but tell myself every round that I will...then go to the field and just throw BH bombs the whole time. :|

@ Toro- Your last statement is so much truth it hurts.

One of my other problems is judging distance when foliage is in the way. If I don't step out and look from the side, ill screw it up everytime.

-- overthrowing. If I get fatigued, or frustated, i.e. lose focus, I tend to start overthrowing and lose the timing/feel. Cascades into several different problems...spinning out, rounding, early acceleration, chopped off followthrough, overstriding in runup, tighteneing up (so shoulder pain) etc etc etc. Basically it's like a fall back to my earlier sports days where without thinking about it I start letting brute force try to take over. I've gotten to where I can usually catch myself doing this before the end of a round, which is a start.
Even when I know this is coming on, I seem powerless to stop it. Doesn't help that 14 and 16 are holes I know I should be parking with driver. I have pretty much the same throw on 9 and 11, and this never happens that early in the round.

Even when I know this is coming on, I seem powerless to stop it. Doesn't help that 14 and 16 are holes I know I should be parking with driver. I have pretty much the same throw on 9 and 11, and this never happens that early in the round.

PGA players talk about getting "amped". They'll club down because their adrenaline is kicking in and they're aware they're powerless to keep from delofting their club and swinging harder than normal.