• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your weakness?

Spike Hyzer

Birdie Member
I am not that confident in throwing anhyzers. I throw FH whenever I can but once and a while you get that hole where you need an anhyzer and I need to work on my consistency here. What about everyone else? Is it a certain shot, course design, mental game, distance, putting, accuracy?

My weakness is that I'm consistent.

Consistently inconsistent. :\

Frequent month plus hiatuses. My putting was beyond unreal last weekend. Turning 15' birdies into bogies at warp speed. Driving and mid work was fine at least.....

I am neither good, nor bad. I play consistent 900ish golf. All aspects of my game need to improve, however nothing is 'fixable'

My weakness used to be putting, but some practice and a new mental approach helped that greatly.

i cannot commit to an anny to save my life either. i can throw some decent flicks to make up for it

Consistency which stems from my desire to birdie every hole simply because I can usually make it there in terms of raw distance. Not playing smart, not putting well=bad round.

Like a few have said, consistency. I will park shots I shouldn't and shank ones I should. 300' wide open fairways and I spray them, 10' gap through the woods and I can park it. ****s with me everytime.

Anyhzers and flicks
:(
I am a RHBH thrower so any shot going right I am pretty much screwed.

my problem is, this is what I believe: "I can make that shot!"
the reality of it is, probably not.
I have fun trying, but I don't score well....

1. Putting
2. Standstill shots
3. Flicks over 100' or so
4. Consistency
5. Putting (it's that bad)

My biggest weakness is abnormally sweaty hands. I've tried many tricks, but nothing works. A can always count on a few throws slipping through my mits during a round. Good thing I live where the weather is usually hot & humid........

Keeping my cool... I need to work on playing the current shot while forgetting the previous bad one. I tend to carry my frustration from one bad play, over the next few holes. It doesn't make for a solid round.
For tournaments, I found out that I need to calm my nerves and just relax and enjoy the sport instead of over thinking every little thing. Confidence goes hand-in-hand with the mental part of the game and it really helps to have confidence while putting. Didn't play tournaments for 6-7 years then I entered in a nearby event in MA1 a month ago. 67 the first round(missed putts on every other hole)...54 the second(missed maybe 4 or 5 inside the circle). I was WAY more relaxed in the second round.
Heat doesn't bother me as much as the humidity. Humidity SUCKS!!!!! But I'd have to say #1 pick, for me is the mental game.

I would have agreed with your original statement as I have trouble throwing a big anny but lately, after a long break from play, I can seem to putt like I used to. Ones that were knock down birdie or par save are not falling. Guess I need to get some practice on the short ones.

Inside the circle putting. I can think of only one tournament round in the last 4 years where I wouldn't have shot well into the 1000s if I had made even 80% of my circle putts.

Latest posts