• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your weakness?

As Juke and others have posted: Consistency (or lack of it)

Add in the fact that I don't get to play like I used to/want to and the scorecard shows it...

Distance. I am perfectly capable of throwing 450 feet...In an open field. But on a 450 foot hole in a tournament? Somehow I throw a sweet 320 foot rip. Grrrrrr

Not playing my game. If I go out and just relax and remember my limitations I usually play pretty well. Solid, but shorter, drives, good upshots and good putting. When I try to keep up with the "Big Guns" I get crushed every time. Errant drives which leads to poor approaches which leads to putts outside my comfort zone.

Driving. I'll throw a butter 360' drive to park a hole, then brainlock and miss a 250' hole by 50'. It's gotten much better this year (3rd year of playing), but there's still a long way to go. If I could sort that out, I could easily be a 940 player instead of a 900ish player. Lack of time to get out and do field work this year has been a real bummer.

2nd weakness? Getting too chatty during tournament rounds and getting out of the groove. This probably directly correlates with the first weakness.

Consistency which stems from my desire to birdie every hole simply because I can usually make it there in terms of raw distance. Not playing smart, not putting well=bad round.

Pretty much the same for me.
I also am incredibly streaky and need to work on thinking about one shot at a time.

A) FH drives.. im LOVE FH Upshtos but FH for distance is not my thing.
B) Distance
C) Mental .. this was a huge strength in the past but lately i have been getting in my head .. got to change this.. like soon lol

PUTTING!!! FML!

eh, I hear you.. if I wanted to spend hours "practicing" putts I might get better but really if the time allows im going out to throw a real round'

I don't need to be the next McBeast or Ricky W as long as I am not flying by like a noob ill take my basket dinkers all day lol.

Would say my footwork. I pretty much only have yt video to watch and learn from until I get out and meet some more seasoned players

I'd like to think that my only weakness is kryptonite, but it ain't so.

My old frisbee background makes upshots a strength, I've started to get on top of the putting game mentally, but am still inconsistent on the fringe of my range, but the thing that constantly hinders my game on competition level courses is distance off the tee.

I'm around a 900 rated player because I can't reach birdie range on holes designed for Advanced & Open arms. I'm pretty sure I know the elements that need improvement, but I'm battling my weight and age on getting solid 350+ off the tee.

My biggest weakness is abnormally sweaty hands. I've tried many tricks, but nothing works. A can always count on a few throws slipping through my mits during a round. Good thing I live where the weather is usually hot & humid........

There are plenty of things that can cure that like a birdie bag

It used to be putting but I changed something and I've become more consistent and more confident. My problem is consistency with driving. I mean I can park a difficult hole and then fudge the next one which is considerably easier. I guess I should just calm myself down, recollect myself and throw within myself instead of letting the adrenaline get the better of me.

I'm around a 900 rated player because I can't reach birdie range on holes designed for Advanced & Open arms. I'm pretty sure I know the elements that need improvement, but I'm battling my weight and age on getting solid 350+ off the tee.

I'm in a similar situation, albeit with less distance and a lower rating. Prepping for a tourney at a few localish courses and it has become quite obvious that there are quite a few long 3s where there is just no way for a 2 for me and I've got to play it for the 3. Only positive is it takes the pressure off the drive and gives a lot of upshot practice. Bad part is it really puts pressure on getting 2s on those I can reach.

On a positive note - there have been a few more that are getting within range as I slowly add distance.

This is the one thing that's NOT a weakness right now. Having a basket in the back yard helps this tremendously.

I have a basket and I still suck... I am a very streaky putter, and I have been in a slump most of the summer.

I'm in a similar situation, albeit with less distance and a lower rating. Prepping for a tourney at a few localish courses and it has become quite obvious that there are quite a few long 3s where there is just no way for a 2 for me and I've got to play it for the 3. Only positive is it takes the pressure off the drive and gives a lot of upshot practice. Bad part is it really puts pressure on getting 2s on those I can reach.

On a positive note - there have been a few more that are getting within range as I slowly add distance.

Don't look at it as a must get on the par 3's that you can reach....the second you do that you push yourself and get jerky. Just throw it like you know you can and what happens, happens. Now don't get all loosey goosey and end up releasing early. Throw them with confidence and authority and all will work out.