• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your weakness?

A) FH drives.. im LOVE FH Upshtos but FH for distance is not my thing.

Same. So frustrating because I am as good or better with forehand ups compared to the forehand only guys I see around here, but when I try to drive, it just all falls apart.

eh, I hear you.. if I wanted to spend hours "practicing" putts I might get better but really if the time allows im going out to throw a real round'

I don't need to be the next McBeast or Ricky W as long as I am not flying by like a noob ill take my basket dinkers all day lol.

I feel you on that. It's been very hard for me to practice putting the last month or so with work, moving into a new house, etc. When I have a spare 45 minutes I'm going to go blast the local short course instead of putting.

Thing will be slowing down here In the next couple week so I can get my putting back dialed in....just in time for the end of tourney season :(

eh, I hear you.. if I wanted to spend hours "practicing" putts I might get better but really if the time allows im going out to throw a real round'

I don't need to be the next McBeast or Ricky W as long as I am not flying by like a noob ill take my basket dinkers all day lol.

I go in the backyard and practice putting a lot...because if I left the house/wife/kids/dog that much, I'd be single. Plus, it helps my putting...:)

This is the one thing that's NOT a weakness right now. Having a basket in the back yard helps this tremendously.

this.. putting is BY FAR the strongest part of my game.. its the only thing that keeps me close against all these guys that throw 200ft longer then i do lol

How much do you practice? I'm usually putting in 50-100 a night, with more some days.

Not that much maybe 300 puts a week. I dont have time to practice more and I know that, that is one of my problems. The other problem is I have been putting so bad my confidence is shot. Confidence is key in putting and I don't have it right now. Been thinking of switching my putting style... and possibly, crazy as it sounds switching from my beloved Wizards to something lower profile. I have been a hybrid (spin/push) putter for three years but used to be a straddle push putter. I think i might try it out again at least inside the circle.

Definitely feel like I have to change something because what I am doing isn't working.

Same. So frustrating because I am as good or better with forehand ups compared to the forehand only guys I see around here, but when I try to drive, it just all falls apart.

lol i know buddy im the exact same .. give me a zone or firebird from 200ft in or so and its $$ .. put me in the teebox for a FH drive and its fugly stuff ... just fugly :eek:

My up shots are holding me back from being a good player and my putting is what is holding me back from being a great player

My up shots are holding me back from being a good player and my putting is what is holding me back from being a great player

If you throw better upshots putting isn't as hard :p for real though I would be darn good at this game if I could put.

Oh. Another of my BIGTIME weaknesses is that when I'm playing with better/higher-skilled players, I tend to try to replicate their drives when I should be playing my game and taking shots I know I can make (vs. the ones I see others making and want to make myself).

Occasionally this weakness actually helps because I'll "play up" to the level of competition.

More often than not, it ends with me having a horrific round.

When I get tired/fatigued, I have a habit of failing to keep the nose down and get a "finesse-y" with my drives. The result is early releases or lazy hyzers.

Not that much maybe 300 puts a week. I dont have time to practice more and I know that, that is one of my problems. The other problem is I have been putting so bad my confidence is shot. Confidence is key in putting and I don't have it right now. Been thinking of switching my putting style... and possibly, crazy as it sounds switching from my beloved Wizards to something lower profile. I have been a hybrid (spin/push) putter for three years but used to be a straddle push putter. I think i might try it out again at least inside the circle.

Definitely feel like I have to change something because what I am doing isn't working.

Maybe you should try the Gateway Chief.....it has a lower profile but has the bead of the Wizard...it is basically a faster Wizard...3/3/0/2 where the Wizard is 2/4/0/2.

relaxing in sanctioned tournaments is big for me. I entered my first PDGA tournaments this summer, and I freaked on putting (not drives or upshots). I'm usually near the top of our weekly tags, talking/joking/giving each other crap, but the silence was deafening in a tournament. I had a 12 foot putt on the first hole of a tournament recently that didn't even make it too the basket. My arm just froze in mid-stride. :doh: Got better after that, but it takes me too many holes to relax when putting, and I'm usually a pretty good putter.

Oh. Another of my BIGTIME weaknesses is that when I'm playing with better/higher-skilled players, I tend to try to replicate their drives when I should be playing my game and taking shots I know I can make (vs. the ones I see others making and want to make myself).

Occasionally this weakness actually helps because I'll "play up" to the level of competition.

More often than not, it ends with me having a horrific round.

im with ya Juke .. if i just play my "old man golf" im good to go but then i will play some bigger arms who can just push it out there and i will try to throw too hard and strong arm it and just blaaaahh.. i contribute that to my mental downfall over the last few months.. i just have to get back to having fun and not trying to force things :eek:

For me, it was getting my weight transfer and the "handing it to the basket" motion down. I'm a spusher, too, for the most part. When I'm off a bit, my keyword is "forward". Reminds me to keep everything in a straight line, which usually leads to chains.

My biggest weakness is my blow up holes. My scores will be 3s across the board with a couple 2s sprinkled in. And then 2 5s or 6s. 4 to 6 shots a round kills a good rating. Its not just one thing I can work on either. Some aspect of my game falls apart and it can be anything.

I was on track for a 1000 rated round the other day and took a 6 on 16. Bad drive, terrible upshot, and two misses in the circle. So frustrating.

My last tournament was putting. The 15' putts killed me. I wasn't pushing the disc enough and it straight destroyed me. I was sick but still. I hit pan on every hole and I will refer to that tournament as the day I got the "pan"demic.

Maybe you should try the Gateway Chief.....it has a lower profile but has the bead of the Wizard...it is basically a faster Wizard...3/3/0/2 where the Wizard is 2/4/0/2.

Just got two to try and I am liking them for diving. I think they may be a bit fast for putting though. I am giving them a shot :thmbup:

Backhand shots. I'm a primary forehand thrower and my backhand is completely all over the place. So much so I never throw BH in tournaments. Better to play a safe US forehand lay up than risk going deep into the woods with a throw that's 30 degrees offline.

Latest posts