• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2022?

Took a day trip to Lake Marshall, and played the Lambs and Lair courses. Strongly recommend!

Ran out of daylight and energy to play the Lions, but I hope to be back to Lake Marshall this fall.

Northern Neck Burger in Tappahannock is very good.

Excellent tip, thanks! Connecticut lobster rolls at NN Burger were the best I have had so far, pending future bagging trip to Maine. :D

I had a change of plans, so I had to scrap my northern FL trip for now (maybe post hurricane season I can get up there).

I'm doing a Gulf Coast day, revisiting three courses (Preserve in Port Charlotte, haven't played there in 4 or 5 years), South County in Punta Gorda and Estero (one of my favorites).

I also am scrapping my late year PA trip in lieu of Mother's Day weekend. Probably going to play one local course (either Jordan or Parkway) and will do a trip to Kelly in Green Lane.

We'll have to see about Cincy. Nashville is happening, just not sure if it'll be July or November.

Gonna stay at HBH for a couple-three nights 2nd week of July. Probably venture out one day to bag MN, probably Spirit Mt (new state for me).

Then East coast in October. NJ, DE, PN, VA, MD all on the docket, bunch of 4.0 or higher

Gonna stay at HBH for a couple-three nights 2nd week of July. Probably venture out one day to bag MN, probably Spirit Mt (new state for me).

Then East coast in October. NJ, DE, PN, VA, MD all on the docket, bunch of 4.0 or higher

any particular reason you chose spirit mt out of any of the other courses around that area

If you're over there for Spirit Mt (which is not too bad despite what elmex will tell ya :D), Quarry park is pretty unique. I'd recommend that if time allows, really cool 9 with some great views. It will be a tiresome round, especially for 9 holes. Fun course though.

And if you have time for a pit stop on the way up, let me know. You'll most likely be passing through near my neck of the woods.

any particular reason you chose spirit mt out of any of the other courses around that area

Recommendation from Darkgreen

If you're over there for Spirit Mt (which is not too bad despite what elmex will tell ya :D), Quarry park is pretty unique. I'd recommend that if time allows, really cool 9 with some great views. It will be a tiresome round, especially for 9 holes. Fun course though.

And if you have time for a pit stop on the way up, let me know. You'll most likely be passing through near my neck of the woods.

On the way home probably. Coming through the UP on the way in, and staying at The Dells for a few days on the way home

Recommendation from Darkgreen

On the way home probably. Coming through the UP on the way in, and staying at The Dells for a few days on the way home

why wouldnt you play white cedar and rest of mont du lac and skip spirit mountain

then play morgan park quick to bag mn or for a quality course play carlton

why wouldnt you play white cedar and rest of mont du lac and skip spirit mountain

then play morgan park quick to bag mn or for a quality course play carlton

I'm trying to play all of HBH and bag 1 course in MN, and only have a couple days to do so. Spirit was recommended, but may have to bag a 9er depending on how time allows.

What courses are you putting on your docket? I'm imagining I-95 corridor, so Stafford, Iron Hill, Tyler State, Brandywine.

I'll let Monocacy give his thoughts south of DE, as I never got south of Newark to play when I lived in the mid-Atlantic.

Monocacy is involved in the trip :D

Two DGCR Top 25:
4.74 Hawk Hollow #8
4.70 Muddy Run #12

Other top-rated courses:
4.90 Lake Marshall - Lions
4.63 Lake Marshall - Lair
4.57 Tyler - East
4.50 Lake Marshall - Lambs
4.45 Freedom Center - Clark's Run
4.41 Whippin' Post
4.39 Camp Sankanac
4.34 Jordan Creek
4.30 Iron Hill
4.29 Tyler - West
4.28 The Woodshed
4.25 Seneca Creek

Top-rated courses in 6 states:
VA - Lake Marshall - Lions
PA - Muddy Run
DE - Iron Hill
MD - Seneca Creek
WV - Whippin' Post
NJ - Stafford Woods

Jordan Creek is an absolute classic, not only was it like the 2nd course I ever played (I grew up in Allentown BTW), but it was also an '05 Worlds course.

Damn shame Nockamixon is still closed, it was also a must play (RIP). May I suggest AGA Farms? It's probably about halfway between Allentown and Newtown, where Tyler State Park is.

Sarasota/Bradenton from March 10-17
Marshfield, WI June 27-30
Boulder Junction/Minocqua July 1-7
Emporia, KS Dates TBD (XMas present for son and brother-in-law)
Colorado courses all year.
Tournaments for MA40?

My next trip is to start at Key Largo and play the new course there then work my way up the coast knocking out all the courses up to West Palm that I haven't played yet ending at Dreher Park. Some of them are relic course practice areas and as low as 4 hole "courses" so that should be fun.

Ohio/Michigan/Midwest- Spring/Summer.

I don't think that it will be hell. Sure there will be some poor caliber courses, but there will be some ok ones too.

My next trip is to start at Key Largo and play the new course there then work my way up the coast knocking out all the courses up to West Palm that I haven't played yet ending at Dreher Park. Some of them are relic course practice areas and as low as 4 hole "courses" so that should be fun.

Without too much of an exhaustive look, you have yet to play:

-Key Largo
-Homestead Air Reserve Park (HARP)
-Dreher Park

Jet Stream underwent a pretty significant change since you last played it in '16. It's worth another look, especially if you're passing through Fort Lauderdale.

HARP is not a bad course. The tee pads suck, and sometimes the grass doesn't get cut there for months. Otherwise, it's not that bad.

Dreher is a solid course. The only bad part is that it's a busy park and there also tend to be homeless people that can have random things sprawled out in the middle of the fairway.

Played Homestead. Still need Largo, see if there is anything left at Kennedy Park, Orangebrook, Bamford, the new 6 at West Delray, and Dreher. Also, heard Kendall got a third 18?!?. I won't be able to play all of them in one day, even less if the wife and dog go on the trip. I loved Jet Stream and would love to play it again!

Played Homestead. Still need Largo, see if there is anything left at Kennedy Park, Orangebrook, Bamford, the new 6 at West Delray, and Dreher. Also, heard Kendall got a third 18?!?. I won't be able to play all of them in one day, even less if the wife and dog go on the trip. I loved Jet Stream and would love to play it again!

Bamford is only a 6 holer, and it's well out of your way for anything else you want to hit up. I practically live here and won't waste my time on it.

Orangebrook is not taking disc golfers at this time (snowbird season). You might have to wait until off season. Call ahead is a MUST. If you can get in there, it's worth a trip.

Kennedy doesn't exist as far as I'm aware.

There is a third course at Kendall, locally known as K3. It shares 3 baskets with K2 (West). I'm hitting it up myself next week, as I need to do reviews for Indian Hammocks.

The 6 at Delray is a "Tiki course", all the holes are short and can be played in 15 minutes with a putter. The main layout has been redone recently and short pads have been added on many holes. I totally recommend going to Delray and pair it with Dreher.

You're probably looking at 3 days. One day for the Keys/Kendall, one for Jet Stream/Orangebrook, and one for Delray/Dreher. You could squeeze it into 2 if you opted for 3 round days. My schedule is flexible if you're looking for a course guide, especially for Dreher, Delray, or Jet Stream.