• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Where can one buy prodigy disc? Who can find them for 15??

elnino

* Ace Member *
don't champ discs sell for 13-14 new?

why do i keep seeing the prodigy discs sell for more like 17-20?

just saying two D4 for 40 or three champ katanas for 42?

what is actual retail price of these???

where are they cheap?

Substitute Roc3's for Katanas and you'll understand.

This happens with hot new molds all the time.

Retailers taking advantage of the hype. Pretty sure they are getting them for 8 bucks a pop and marking them up to 20. Meh, I'm over Prodigy already.

Retailers taking advantage of the hype. Pretty sure they are getting them for 8 bucks a pop and marking them up to 20. Meh, I'm over Prodigy already.

This... But reading the nonsense does give me something to do during the slow season (work)!

Retailers taking advantage of the hype. Pretty sure they are getting them for 8 bucks a pop and marking them up to 20.
Taking advantage of the hype means selling hundreds of them weekly at $16 or whatever their average price point's gonna be. I'd love to take advantage of the hype like that. Not possible right now.

As it stands, a handful of dealers got a handful of discs to make "publicly available" so that Team Prodigy could actually use their gear in a tournament. Dealers pricing these high should be seen as more of an anti-scalper measure, rather than trying to cash in.

To be honest it looks more like we'd do a giveaway of some sort. I can't market 50 discs... we'd archive 50 like it's nothing. We have 10+ golfers on staff.. if we can buy ONE each that's a huge dent. My guess is, we get 50 discs... maybe 5 of those TOPS would go to the public. And at that point, it's better PR as a giveaway than trying to sell 'em for any price.

Supply and demand.
I can't blame a retailer for making a little extra on the Produgy disc rollout.
Sooner or later, the supply will outstrip demand and you'll see the prices "settle" into a normal state.
Until then, keep searching.
Somebody's bound to sell them for a reasonable price eventually.
Like juju, I'm over Prodigy.
I'll just wait and try somebody else's, like I did with the Mamba, Lace, Wedge, Trak, Axis, Archon, etc.

Are the stock stamps going to be different?

in a webcast last week they said that all of them currently are stamped as protos and there will then be ones stamped first runs, then after that regular production ones so my guess is that the main logo as it is will likely stay unless they decide to shrink it down to like innova size. I really dont know what they have planned. Just the proto/first run thing was said. The rest is speculation.

Stores are only receiving 25-50 of each mold, and Prodigy is shipping limited orders each day, there is no incentive for retailers to sell them for less than $20 with the demand they've received. I called a local store on Monday and I was told I was the 10th person to call about them in the last 20 minutes.

It seems there simply aren't going to be enough of these things for everyone to get their hands on them right away, regardless of price, especially with folks buying extras for backups, or to sell on the secondary market.

Yep, it's all about supply and demand. Retailers are completely justified in selling them for $20, as people are turning around and selling for more than that just a second later.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Prodigy prices with releases of the D1, D4, and onto their midrange discs and so on.

In all honesty, I used to be really stoked for Prodigy plastic. Since then, I've tried DD's stuff and rekindled my love for Latitude. Don't get me wrong, I'll still try a piece of their plastic, I just think all this hype and limited stock will turn people off; especially when Latitude, DD, MVP are putting out great stuff in volume. Just my 2 cents.

Time will tell, but why the build up to well some stores getting some stock. Maybe it was getting too big to keep it on the dl anymore who knows. I can pass on the new ones i dont throw fast stuff. But this plastic looks like nothing i have seen. shiny i thought opto first. I am sure its comparable to opto but it looks cool. Why not just let the rumor mill circulate and launch when they are more ready. They need to make money and I am sure they will, but why rush?

Even grip eq thinks this is a disaster of a launch.

hahaha nice one!

No i was just wondering because seemed like i started throwing value Discraft stuff to get away from Innova and then Discraft started selling a lot of discs as limited release to get the max money. tired of seeing these discs sold for 20 bucks a pop.

ESP Comet
z zone
glow zone
glow comet
Discraft released a whole bunch of plastic neat stuff but all of the discs were 20 bucks.....

so is this the new price point for a disc??? i just think the price should be competing with innova but i guess i'm just too cheap to try a disc out for 20-25 dollars.

suggested retail on these is ?????????

Latest posts