• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where Should Pro Worlds Go?

Even if they do define it:

"Hey, that grain of sand with paint on it moved under my disc, now I'm in-bounds."

Yawn.

I would like a Worlds to take place in St. Louis. It would be good to know what kind of improvements would need to take place at a few of our courses to make them worlds caliber

I do wonder what they think an acceptable distance between courses is, in actual drive time.

Seeing them play nockamixon and iron hill would be great, not sure if that's balanced enough though.

Adding a golf course to a middle of nowhere course will probably be done at some point. It makes a lot of sense.

I know it's not really feasible but I want to see a Paw Paw worlds. Mainly to watch them play the wooded holes on Woodshed and laugh.

Selah makes a lot of sense I hope they go there soon.

Golden Gate Park is only a par 55 and 5945'.

Actually only a par 54, but the course is top ten, can be extended out for gold look, and contrasts nicely with gleneagels at ~ 9000' as it is much more wooded with plenty of OB. Additionally, SF has a huge DG market, and the exposure to the sport is surely what every pro desires. Bring it!

I do wonder what they think an acceptable distance between courses is, in actual drive time.

Seeing them play nockamixon and iron hill would be great, not sure if that's balanced enough though.

Adding a golf course to a middle of nowhere course will probably be done at some point. It makes a lot of sense.

I know it's not really feasible but I want to see a Paw Paw worlds. Mainly to watch them play the wooded holes on Woodshed and laugh.

Selah makes a lot of sense I hope they go there soon.

the screams would be audible here in virginia from either of those combos.

I want to play in the woods.

I think Pittsburgh ran a good Worlds, but obviously I'm partial towards home. I'd like to see a course go in on a golf course around the area, not because I have a huge arm, which I din't, but more variety. The new course going in, which will be World's level, is still wooded. Another open course would go a long way. Secret goal of mine is to have AM Worlds here in 2020.

Actually Lemon Lake might be even better for this new format. The Gold course there already matches the Jackson/Ft. Gordon SSA and has been vetted in World Class competition. Now that the EAB has opened up a chunk of the red course, you should be able to design a relatively open gold SSA 65+ course using whatever sections you needed from the Blue, Red & White courses. It would even look more natural than a golf course with ropes. Lemon Lake is also dubbed a PDGA Regional Center making it a logical choice for a future venue.

Lemon Lake Gold and Rogers Lakewood was pretty brutal on this AM, this week. Some work would be needed to the courses, but that is likely true of most location.

Idlewild would certainly qualify, but would the new(I only say new because I don't know when you last played there, but its been a couple years) Mt Airy long layout be worthy of being gold?

I've always thought Airy would be a great spectator course, but we might have to get the city involved to close down the streets to thru traffic during the rounds....

You'd have to get them involved just to shut the course down, and probably the playground around 2 and 14, and the cluster of tees and baskets that is 7 basket, 8/9 fairways, and 13's tee would be things which I could see being difficult to overcome. However, I'd definitely say Mt Airy longs is worthy of Worlds, if only for the fact it's nearly as difficult, to me, as Jackson and Langley Pond.

Now if the PDGA is fine with one course being played with two layouts, I could definitely see Holston Creek in Spartanburg being thrown in. However, there are some fluky holes there, but there are plenty of Country Clubs in the Upstate so an 18-21 hole layout at Holston Creek combo'ed with a well designed temp course at one of the golf courses would certainly be a possibility; you could probably even just make a few tweaks at Pipeline and use that course. I have heard a little birdy floating around saying Hub City is getting into sanctioning their tournaments specifically to try to pull off a Worlds bid, and the City of Spartanburg is supporting the sport in a huge way, so I could definitely see the PDGA awarding them a Worlds bid in the not too distant future.

Actually Lemon Lake might be even better for this new format. The Gold course there already matches the Jackson/Ft. Gordon SSA and has been vetted in World Class competition. Now that the EAB has opened up a chunk of the red course, you should be able to design a relatively open gold SSA 65+ course using whatever sections you needed from the Blue, Red & White courses. It would even look more natural than a golf course with ropes. Lemon Lake is also dubbed a PDGA Regional Center making it a logical choice for a future venue.

But who would run the event????

www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127535&highlight=lemon+lake&page=3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillogy
That is brutal! I've had similar experiences with the pro shop. What time did you enter the park at? This course/ "pro shop" needs to be turned back over to the original/local club.
All three days were at about 10am.......

turn the courses over to the original/local club??? I am not sure they would be interested anymore.......bridges burned and all.

"pro"shop......last time I was in there I think the PDGA had stuff displayed from HOF in it. It might be Indiana HOF as well.....

Shame no one can see it.....

except for the video surveillance on site.......

I take this thread to be a search for two great, pro-caliber courses in enough proximity......without regard to other factors (like who wants to run Worlds). More of a, If courses were the only consideration exercise.

Latest posts