• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Which Buzz should I get?

ag1052

Bogey Member
I am pretty new to disc golf... I have been playing for under two months and Im wanting to get a good mid range disc. From what I hear, it sounds like I really should get a Buzz but now that I am looking for one I see there are a lot of different options. Elite X, Elite Z, ESP, ESP FLX, and so on. I really dont want to own a lot of discs. I have a nutsac and I really would like to carry only one midrange with me. Which Buzz should I go with?

Thanks guys... can anyone tell me what the difference is in the esp and the z?

Also could anyone tell me how it ranks up against the Discraft Elite Z MRV... it is the midrange I am using currently

ESP is like Innova's Star plastic, Z is more like Champion. ESP is solid, Z is see-through.

MRV, if i recall correctly, is like a Roc, isn't it? so the buzzz will fade less, go straighter

I just picked up a Z Glo Buzzz a couple weeks ago, so if you have any night golf in your area its great. Just something to keep in mind.

Definitely Z or ESP, because you'll love it and get attached, and won't want it to change too quickly. That being said, just go someplace where you can hold both and see which "feel" you prefer.

I love my ESP:D

I see no one has suggested the Beer Buzzz... it doesn't last very long, but it's very satisfying.

Ok... The Elite Z is the toughest, so if you play around rocks and trees... that's the way to go.

If you aren't as good at hitting rocks and trees as I am, go with the ESP. ESP is tough, but I know from personal experience that you can beat up ESP plastic pretty quick... but the ESP feels so good to grip.

Elite X

X is the best for me. It has the best grip and just feels right. I'd also suggest going heavier than 175g.

I'm gonna have to go against the majority and say EliteX. I like to carry both a X and a Z buzzz, but since you are new it would be best to get a X Buzzz.

1. Cheaper
2. Beats in to very straight with a less powerful throw. Eventually as you get better and throw harder it will be a great turnover mid, and you can get a Z at that point to have both an understable and overstable buzzz.

I'm gonna have to go against the majority and say EliteX. I like to carry both a X and a Z buzzz, but since you are new it would be best to get a X Buzzz.

1. Cheaper
2. Beats in to very straight with a less powerful throw. Eventually as you get better and throw harder it will be a great turnover mid, and you can get a Z at that point to have both an understable and overstable buzzz.

He mentioned that he has a small nutsac, so he only wants to carry one mid. That's why most of the suggestions have been for the tougher plastics.

I see no one has suggested the Beer Buzzz... it doesn't last very long, but it's very satisfying.

Ok... The Elite Z is the toughest, so if you play around rocks and trees... that's the way to go.

If you aren't as good at hitting rocks and trees as I am, go with the ESP. ESP is tough, but I know from personal experience that you can beat up ESP plastic pretty quick... but the ESP feels so good to grip.

Really? I thought the ESP was more expensive because it was tougher... Am I missing something?

X is the best for me. It has the best grip and just feels right. I'd also suggest going heavier than 175g.
Thanks for the advice. I dont know much about picking weights, why do you suggest over 175g?

they THINK ESP is stronger, but i'd say it isn't. it may last longer on some courses, but trees and rocks will destroy it