• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which found disc surprised you and went in your bag?

I only own about 25 discs and all but 5 of them were found. The woods are really thick at my home course, and I know the best holes to find discs. Once I found 8 discs in 25 minutes on a single hole. Only a couple have had numbers, and all of the owners have told me to keep the discs. So I guess you could say almost every disc in my bag was found.

I found a Prodigy PA1 last week, and I'm still baffled that someone would lose a putter that deep in the woods. I thought it might be too overstable but I bagged it and have been putting really well with it. I've also really been enjoying the Daedalus and the Stratus, which I also found.

I don't bag any found discs, I either call the number on the disc or leave it where I found it.

I don't see a problem with bagging a disc if there is no one you can return it to. I don't know what people are fussing about. There is no benefit to "leaving it where you found it." If someone leaves a disc in the woods, they are not coming back to look for it. I called a number on a disc I found this week, and the guy said he had lost it 2 months ago. Do you really think he was coming back to look for it?

Would you do the same with a puppy? Small child?

I text or call if it has a number, EVERY time. I've even left one out of state and got a call about 30 min from the course on the way home and told the guy to keep it. He bagged Surges and was thankful for it.

The ones with no numbers I post on the 2 facebook pages for the local clubs and will typically bump it twice over a week or so. After that I feel as though I've done everything reasonably possible to find the owner short of making flyers..lol

I don't often bag them as the disc I don't typically like. I usually give them to others that I know might use them.

The exception is a Innova Mystere that I found. Flew unbelievably for me. No number posted on facebook and owner was found in about 5 minutes. Since then I've located and bought 3 of them. My brother bought 1 from me and I bag 2 one as a backup.

Last edited:
These threads always get ugly. The holier than thou people vs the finders/keepers people. I'm surprised this one is still going...

I don't see a problem with bagging a disc if there is no one you can return it to. I don't know what people are fussing about. There is no benefit to "leaving it where you found it." If someone leaves a disc in the woods, they are not coming back to look for it. I called a number on a disc I found this week, and the guy said he had lost it 2 months ago. Do you really think he was coming back to look for it?

I lost my favorite disc on a course this spring. I threw a thumber, it landed on edge on a small shrub right at the edge of the rough/woods. I putted and forgot to pick it up due to distraction. Went to throw it 5 holes later and realized my mistake. I went backwards through the course, asking everyone I met if they saw it/picked it up. Everyone said no, yet it wasn't there when I got to the hole. I walked around the rest of the course asking everyone, yet no one had seen it. Even had my number on it.

Anyway, that's a reason to leave it. Or pick it up and try to catch people on the course who might have forgot to grab it.

I only keep found discs if I call the number and they say keep it, if it has multiple numbers and I don't know who is the rightful owner, or if I am alone on the course/have checked with all the other players and it is unmarked. Even still, if I lose and uninked disc, yeah my fault. But I do expect a call.

Honestly i find alot of plastic. I return alot of plastic and in turn give away alot of plastic. First time throwing an Orc was one i found. Same with alot of molds now that u think. But my favorite was a Sanny Qsent i found one day. What a great mold.

LOL you equate a small piece of plastic to a kid/puppy? If there's no number/name, then the person didn't care for that disc much imo.

I wasn't being entirely serious there. I CAN tell you that any disc actually in my bag when playing courses is very important to me, and if lost I appreciate getting a call from the finder.

If no ink, then fine...owners fault. But that's not what he was saying...

I found a franklin rt night owl putter and proceeded to birdie the next 3 holes i drove off the tee with it at becker city park.

I kept on hooting. It was great'

Would you do the same with a puppy? Small child?

Am I actually reading this? If this were the case, I would notify the police and have them take action to locate the parents/pet owner. Do you think I should call the police with unmarked discs? Is that what you do? I'm sure the police love you.

I found a franklin rt night owl putter and proceeded to birdie the next 3 holes i drove off the tee with it at becker city park.

I found a Franklin RT sparrow mid-range. I gave it to my dog haha

Am I actually reading this? If this were the case, I would notify the police and have them take action to locate the parents/pet owner. Do you think I should call the police with unmarked discs? Is that what you do? I'm sure the police love you.

I found a Franklin RT sparrow mid-range. I gave it to my dog haha

Shorts too tight?

Unequivocally; YES. Finders keepers, bruh. Got me a new puppy and free yard work! WIN!

LOL

...point is though that someone here seems to be advocating prowling courses and pouncing on any unattended discs he may stumble across. I'd be all over that, and it wouldn't be pretty.

The Claymore actually surprised me more than any disc I have thrown in the mid range slot. It is very workable without being too understable. It does vary with plastic though as the retro ones tend to be a little more flippy, but not roller flippy. I usually carry 2-3 and throw them more often than not depending on the wind.

I used to have a few firebirds that I pulled out of the lake at Wakanda Park: one gummy 11x champ and a really swirly early run star. They both spent time in my bag but I must have lost or left them at some point. My first mini was also found. (None of these were inked, FTR.)

At this point, it's rare that a found disc will make it into my bag. If I can't return a disc I'll bag it for a few rounds to see how it flies, but it'll eventually get taken out to shed weight. My setup is pretty static, and sadly I never seem to find discs that I already want to throw.

DX Wraith with no name on it. It may have been sent from heaven. It helped keep me from quitting the game, when I was throwing my hands in the air, getting pissed from lack of distance and accuracy. Unbelievable disc that does stuff that I shouldn't have been able to do.

A DX Wraith (149g !!!) and a Glow Havoc.

The Wraith had no ink and was 9/10. Never would have picked up a 149g on my own but I found it when I was learning backhand. It was a great teacher, taught me how to throw with finesse and then hyzer-flips before it inevitably completely flipped over into a pond.

The Havoc had ink but the guy said keep it. It's not currently in the bag because this year I'm working with slower speed discs, but before this year it was my max distance disc. It just goes and goes, biggest problem is it needs a lot of room to work. Not sure I'll keep it in the bag after this year but I do like throwing it.

I found a DGA Rogue and it was a cool disc i used for a while. But eventually dropped it all together because for me it was a little high speed understable to be a straight disc and not US enough to be my US disc haha, its a great disc tho, its like a Surge or a Innova SL.

Other found discs that became good to use... Champion Eagle! Worn in, it was an older champ disc, way different than current eagles. It was a laser beam. Loved it, even had an ACE with it! But eventually it was lost as well. :( From whence it came

I found an old TP King and called the owner. They said they dont throw that disc anymore and told me to keep it. It has been a go to for me ever since.