• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Which Innova disc sucks the most?

Tee Rex-X is okay. The other, not so much.

How and why is this thread's still going? :confused:

If you've ever owned a Groove :)sick:) or known someone who did, the answer's obvious.

Thread over.

Another vote for Groove... the disc by far the most likely to be found deep in the woods 50ft off the fairway.

They need to figure out how to market them better, because I see tons for sale at every shop I go to lately...
-"The Valkyrie on steroids" (don't mention that Valk or Beast is already as fast as understable discs should be)
-"So powerful and understable that nobody can control it... go ahead, try to be the first"
-"Get in the rhythm of marching around looking for a lost disc"

Groove works fine for me, but personally, I'd have to say the Dragon and the Archangel both suck. Those discs almost seemed good until I learned how to throw, then I realized how god awful they were. At least the dragon floats though for when it inevitably finds the water after flipping over and dying mid-flight. I guess it could be a good roller.

I think the Groove can have its day in the right hands and mindset. What I really did not like was the Champion Viking I got in spring 2009. I think it was one of those that were misprinted Valkyries, but I am not sure. Either way, it would fly stable one day, understable the next, and I could never find a comfort zone with it. I had only one great shot with it ever, thankfully when I needed it most during a big tournament.

Another vote could be towards the 2009 U.S. Championship R-Pro Boss. Flies nothing like a regular Boss and I found a way to damage it in an open field with apparently nothing but grass. I (over)paid something like 20 dollars for it thinking it was going to be all the rage.

Two more votes could be towards discs that in themselves do not suck, but the hype and price around them greatly make me regret buying them (or almost buying them). First, the first run Champion Katanas from the Japan Open with the funky or specialized color that drove the price up into triple digits in some cases. Second, the Champion Edition PD. While technically a Discmania disc, this disc was so hyped when I heard about, how the Champion edition is going to have everyone drooling that I jumped all over it. It was the greatest meathook I have ever purchased. I give it a vote because all of the hype led me to believe that it flew like a miracle disc when in reality it was a niche disc at best.

Groove works fine for me, but personally, I'd have to say the Dragon and the Archangel both suck. Those discs almost seemed good until I learned how to throw, then I realized how god awful they were. At least the dragon floats though for when it inevitably finds the water after flipping over and dying mid-flight. I guess it could be a good roller.

I cannot speak for the Archangel but I think the Dragon does not suck, just needs to be put away by those who do not want to throw anything that understable.

I have a friend who knows how to throw. He is well aware that his limit is 275 feet and can get it to S-Curve beautifully, showing no fear of the water. He knows that it floats, the reason for throwing it, but I see people despite having floating discs are still intimidated by water and thus fall into a self-fulfilled prophecy of throwing poorly. This could be the case with most Dragon tossers. Having no fear of the water, he can max out the Dragon's potential according to his ability.

I still have one but I will not throw it because of sentimental reasons. While I can never pull the trigger, I have always toyed with the idea of purchasing another and throwing it at half power with a hyzer, using it as an approach disc when I need 200-300 feet near water. As it stands, I have no fear of water and always throw my premium stuffs; to throw with any fear, as I mentioned above, is only going to cause problems. Yet it might be nice to have that little bit of insurance (floating) if I know how to throw it.

How do you feel about the Hydra? This is basically the mid-range version of the Dragon. For some it flies like crap, for others it can give them the confidence to throw to their potential without fear of losing it in water.

I hate to jump on the bandwagon but sometimes you just have to join the ride.

The Groove

CHEERS - Koffee

the kite is pretty ****ty. also dont know if its just me but i hate the coyote that thing does whatever it wants. since the mako is the same disc as a coyote mako/coyote gets my second ****tiest honors. worst discraft pulse for sure

Kite is okay, just a very float dependent disc, not glide even, which is weird.

Groove blows, for sure but I want to put up a vote for the Sonic, its just a mini lid.

I will vote for the archangel as well.

I have literally (google earthed it) thrown one 400' in a field (out of the park, through the woods behind it and onto the road) but the second it is on the course it will flip like a thai hooker and smack you around with its cleverly hidden genitalia.

Another vote for the Dragon.
This is one disc that I have given away repeatedly.
I keep one, just to try it out every now and then.
Still sucks every time.

the kite is pretty ****ty. also dont know if its just me but i hate the coyote that thing does whatever it wants. since the mako is the same disc as a coyote mako/coyote gets my second ****tiest honors. worst discraft pulse for sure

thats funny I have both of these in my bag. I use the Coyote for very wooded short holes, but the kite has found no real use yet.

Latest posts