• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who has played the most courses in their home state?

Is one of them the L shaped 10 hole course in San Luis Obispo? The course at the time in 2000's when I played the then only course in my birth town used the really old 1990 Innova Discatcher Pro baskets that use the old disc basket catcher with the low height and have only a single set of 20 chains.

Yup played that one for sure.

Yup played that one for sure.

I played it in 2004 with the oldest style of Innova Discatcher Pro from early 1990's right before finding the walls of gum on Ripply's Believe It or Not while looking for the 7 LB burrito place in the Town my parents had mentioned that was like a take and eat in a nearby park type shack with a small indoor order booth. Then found the hospital I was born at is now a Metal health place in San Luis Obispo. Also found the old Pizza Hut my mom worked at in 1987-1998 that is now a persons house in San Luis Obispo.

153/176 in Illinois

I must've literally just missed you at Sage YMCA on the 19th last month considering we both bagged it the same day.

I talked to a group of people on my way out not sure if you were in that group.

But yea, so far we're the only two from this website who've bagged that course so far as well as few other new ones that just popped up.

Still leading California by a couple or a hundred. DGCR says I've played 97.2% of current courses but my actual number is a few courses shy of 500 for the state. I should hit 500 courses in California played in February

I played it in 2004 with the oldest style of Innova Discatcher Pro from early 1990's right before finding the walls of gum on Ripply's Believe It or Not while looking for the 7 LB burrito place in the Town my parents had mentioned that was like a take and eat in a nearby park type shack with a small indoor order booth. Then found the hospital I was born at is now a Metal health place in San Luis Obispo. Also found the old Pizza Hut my mom worked at in 1987-1998 that is now a persons house in San Luis Obispo.

wow that's a trip. Someone moved into an old pizza hut. That would be cool to have a walk-in cooler at home. Unless they tore the pizza hut down and then there goes your walk-in cooler.:(

Well, I sort of gave up trying to play ever single course in Texas. I am currently sitting at 524/562 playable courses, however there are several I will never get to play.

My real Texas number including all courses and practice area, redesigns, extinct and unlisted is 642, 52 of those are unlisted but I do have them listed on my profile.

At this moment I do have bragging rights to Arkansas and will have bragging rights back for Oklahoma after Thursday.

I think I have 99% of California DGCR courses listed played, didn't think I'd ever get that high again. As for the state I've played 533 courses so far in California. Small things.

For this ephemeral moment I have played every permanent, playable North Carolina course on DGCR.

(Playable courses DO NOT include courses on military bases, at some camps, and in gated housing communities.)

*Note: This includes 6 NC Practice Areas on DGCR that I subtract from my Real number of courses played.

how many are on military bases?

For this ephemeral moment I have played every permanent, playable North Carolina course on DGCR.

(Playable courses DO NOT include courses on military bases, at some camps, and in gated housing communities.)

*Note: This includes 6 NC Practice Areas on DGCR that I subtract from my Real number of courses played.

I can see the attraction accomplishing this goal might have to some. But I can honestly say that for me personally, I never want to make this list.

I'd much rather spend my time and travel hitting the best courses in other states, vs. going out of my way to hit every meh or worse course, in my state.

Might be more appealing to me if I lived in a small, New England state.

I do tip my cap to the effort it takes to really make huge dents in large states,and)or those with lots of courses. Getting 90% or so played in NC, CA, TX, MN, WI ... really takes dedication.

But hey, we all get to do our own thing. ;)

Last edited:
I can see the attraction accomplishing this goal might have to some. But I can honestly say that for me personally, I never want to make this list.
I can understand that. Playing every course in MI would probably be quite time consuming. Not to mention the gas prices.

I'd much rather spend my time and travel hitting the best courses in other states, vs. going out of my way to hit every meh or worse course, in my state.
I'm not gonna lie, it has been painful at times. Sometimes that is literal pain fighting my way through thorns and overgrown holes. More than once I have asked myself, "Why am I doing this?" But that is also offset by the many cool little towns I've seen, and the places that I would never have visited otherwise. There is just enough mystery of discovery in the adventure. Also, there are just enough times that I discover an overlooked gem of a course, or at least one hole that made a course worthwhile, to keep me on my quest. For example, I keep a list of the "Great Greens in NC" and I found another one last week on a flawed course. Providentially, I started on hole 13 and this was on hole 12 so I finished on a high note with a beautiful basket.

how many are on military bases?

In NC there is 1 unplayable base course listed on DGCR and 2 more on Udisc.

I know that's miniscule compared to CA

Hey all,
Just finished Number 361 out of 361 in Minnesota! One hundred percent again - yay! It's 's a good adventure, and a lot more fun when the wind is down! Somewhat seriously thinking about trying to play all of Hawaii - any ideas from you all on this or other states? Keep 'em flyin' ….

I'm one of the many others here who once could boast about playing all the courses within a day's drive, but it was in 1998. There were a couple of really small pitch and putts in and around Detroit I never made it to.

Fast-forward to today and there isn't enough time to even play all the courses within an hour of me, unless I deem they warrant it. I'm also not 25 anymore.

I'm one of the many others here who once could boast about playing all the courses within a day's drive, but it was in 1998.

Until recently I thought I had played all of the Maryland courses that existed before 2000 or so. But I recently played Pine Grove Middle School, which dates to 1981, and realized -- I don't think I had ever played there before. :(

Oh well. I am still part of the select company that has bagged 100% of Washington, DC (all 6 holes lol). :rolleyes:

Latest posts