• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who here hasn't lost a disc ?

I'm one of the least superstitious people you might meet. But my money is on that you lose your entire bag tomorrow :|

I think I went about 5 rounds (5 new courses) before I lost my first disc. I kind of wish I'd have kept track of how many I've lost, it would be a cool stat to know. I'm guessing around 100, maybe higher, about a disc for every 10 courses played.

I've never lost one on a course, but lost my beloved beat to hell DX Roc practicing shots, threw it in a swamp. Lost a beautiful Aviar in the ocean... I need quit practicing.

It took me 2 years till I lost my first disc. I then proceeded to lose hundreds of dollars of plastic in the next six months.

The list of avid disc golfers who have never lost a disc...I could count without having to take my socks off. The saddest I've ever been at losing a disc is when I threw a Star Wraith without considering the wind and watched in horror as it turned over in a headwind and sailed out into the middle of a large river.

I kinda haven't... but kinda have. On one downhill drive my first flat top wraith ended up sticking on top of one of the highest pine trees here. It was there for few weeks and I could see it clearly mocking me up there every time I went to play, until one day it was gone. It was way too much of a disc for me anyway so it actually helped me by leaving me only with slower discs. Then I've given one dx Teebird to fishes, I could've get it(was only 2' deep and 5' from the shore) but it wasn't that important disc so decided to leave it.
Do these count? With some effort I could've got them both back but cba.

Jesus Christ... There are probably more newbs with my discs in their bags than discs bought from our three local disc dealers combined. I couldn't tell you how many discs I've lost, only that the number is in the multiple hundreds.

Are lost "it should be right here" can't find it.
And "oh crap" there it goes in to the river.
And "Damn it" I left it back on #7.
All considered the same thing?

I lose substantially less now than I did a couple years ago. Threw one in the water yesterday though. It was a water disc. An inked up used Renegade. If I'm playing a course where I know I have to throw a dangerous water carry I always take one I don't care about losing. Yeah I know if you expect to lose a disc you will but I'd rather lose one I don't care about.

Also, like has been said already, you shouldn't have talked about not losing a disc yet. It's now going to happen soon.

Last year when I most recently played the Eisenhower State Lake course I lost three in one round. That course can be brutal with water, tall grass, and thick tree areas. I think everyone that day lost at least 2 discs.

Are lost "it should be right here" can't find it.
And "oh crap" there it goes in to the river.
And "Damn it" I left it back on #7.
All considered the same thing?

I'd say so.
Looks like 26 or so in the last 12 years for me. The saddest was probably leaving my first good putter in #18s basket, and not realizing it until the next time we played.

I think I've lost fewer than 10 discs in about as many years, including water hazards and field work. The wet ones I didn't retrieve had rolled off a cliff into a river, or washed away during an active flash flood round. Tourney shots, I don't throw stupid lines. Casual rounds, I got time to find my plastic. I'm honestly a little baffled how people lose so much plastic. My last round I had 3 nearly lost in the shule and found each one.

I've lost only around ten discs or so. But I really only cared about 2 or 3 of those.

I think I've lost fewer than 10 discs in about as many years, including water hazards and field work. The wet ones I didn't retrieve had rolled off a cliff into a river, or washed away during an active flash flood round. Tourney shots, I don't throw stupid lines. Casual rounds, I got time to find my plastic. I'm honestly a little baffled how people lose so much plastic. My last round I had 3 nearly lost in the shule and found each one.

Play new courses, throwing dem huge hyzer shots and its not all a ball golf course with no any PDGA qualified spotters duh.

I don't generally lose discs on courses I have played many times (outside of fall/winter when leaves/snow make it impossible to find disc)

I actually cant understand how people DONT lose more discs. I have lost more discs than some people probably have ever even owned-- then again most of them throw 200' and how hard is it really to lose track of your disc there... Sure I can play so I have no chance of losing a disc but what the hell fun is that?! Sometimes running the island green or throwing over the crap is super rewarding when you hit it right and get to see the beautiful shot flyyyyyyy.

Courses with huge elevation changes also can eat up your discs IMO more than a flat course. It really boils down to WHAT courses you play and how many as well as your skill level.

Last edited:
I have lost many a disc. Mostly water hazards though. If I were a betting man I would bet I have found more unmarked discs than I have lost, and that I have gave away more plastic than both combined.

Latest posts