• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who here hasn't lost a disc ?

I think it's a lot easier to find a disc in the woods than in tall grass.

by far easier. You don't even have to see exactly where it lands in the woods but likely can walk up and find any colored disc while the grass doesn't take hostage its killer.

I've only managed to drown two Leopards so far... but I've only been playing DG about 8 months. If you have never lost any disc you either: A) Just started playing yesterday, B) Never take any risk, or C) Only play on courses that resemble cow pastures (no water, no brush, no woods.)

Still remember the first disc that I ever plunked into a pond. It was a yellow 146 DX Eagle with a red stamp.

11 years later, I'd suspect that its still in there.

I still look for the first disc I every lost on hole 11 at Bradford. I keep thinking maybe I'll see a piece of that orange Avenger SS with the blue stamp peeking out of one of the thousand cluster$%^& of trees on that hole.

Well y'all sure have reasons for losing plastic. Guess our experiences are different. I just don't give up looking for lost ones, the few I leave were forgotten or unretrievable... not like I never TRY to lose half my bag. I really hate losing plastic.

I've only managed to drown two Leopards so far... but I've only been playing DG about 8 months. If you have never lost any disc you either: A) Just started playing yesterday, B) Never take any risk, or C) Only play on courses that resemble cow pastures (no water, no brush, no woods.)

I lost a disc in a cow pasture...

In all my years i have never lost a disc. I just have conveniently left them for others to enjoy and use.

In all my years i have never lost a disc. I just have conveniently left them for others to enjoy and use.

See this is why I was using my shark near water last week. I didn't lose it - I just decided to "catch and release" it. It was time (that and I needed an excuse for a gstar roc3).

Lost? Only a handful. :thmbup:

Left behind/forgotten? More than I'd care to admit. :doh: :( :eek:

I have yet to lose a disc. This is caused by a combination of having an easy/short home course. Also being willing to search for a long time, climb 30' up a tree, or go into skanky water, kind of helps. Lack of distance also contributes. I've seen a lot of discs lost to flooding creeks, ponds and occasionally a tall tree, by friends and brothers. It will happen. I have replacements for everything I like.
And I thought the rasta dye 12X T-bird would be the first to go. Fly's too well to shelf but it's mostly green with a red and yellow burst in the center. Hides on a mowed lawn at 10'. Accuracy helps a lot. I carry found and dx throw-aways for any risky shot.

So file this under totally ridiculous...but I lost another yesterday.

The kicker is where. I emptied my bag in my yard to video my form. Picked em up...came in...loaded the video to my comp...cleaned my discs and put em in the bag. They weren't as tight as normal so I count and am missing my orange stingray. I figured no worries, go make a quick sweep and it is NOWHERE to be found. I wondered if I had left it elsewhere so I double check the video - yep I threw it. Make another round of the yard.....again nowhere.

GAH.

To make this better I live in the middle of nowhere so no chance of anyone walking by and grabbing it. My grass isn't long enough to mow yet and I have a row of 10' pine trees that it likely is hiding in. I've spent way more time than I care to admit and nothing. :wall::wall::wall:

I am now wondering if there is a disc eating gremlin out there.

So file this under totally ridiculous...but I lost another yesterday.

The kicker is where. I emptied my bag in my yard to video my form. Picked em up...came in...loaded the video to my comp...cleaned my discs and put em in the bag. They weren't as tight as normal so I count and am missing my orange stingray. I figured no worries, go make a quick sweep and it is NOWHERE to be found. I wondered if I had left it elsewhere so I double check the video - yep I threw it. Make another round of the yard.....again nowhere.

GAH.

To make this better I live in the middle of nowhere so no chance of anyone walking by and grabbing it. My grass isn't long enough to mow yet and I have a row of 10' pine trees that it likely is hiding in. I've spent way more time than I care to admit and nothing. :wall::wall::wall:

I am now wondering if there is a disc eating gremlin out there.

You'll find it as soon as you buy a replacement for it. :)

I play at Delaveaga, heavily wooded, tight fairways with many trees, ravines full of bushes, trees and poison oak. So I have lost a LOT of discs. My Dad plays on a course in a nearby grassy park, he has only ever lost one.

So ya, depends on where you play.

Another 30 mins sifting through my pine trees and still nothing. I may have to go with your advice and order a replacement....unfortunately I had just put in an order the day prior. Perhaps the wife won't notice another package showing up...

This was sooooooooo close to coming true. I was going to pull the trigger last night but only didn't because discgolfcenter was out of any of my favorite colors. And today I was digging through the tree I thought it was most likely in (a 10' pine tree - right next to my basket) and sure enough - there it was. I checked that tree so many times. Oh well. Glad to have my US mid back in the bag.

Pfffft i lost 2 today during 1 round at oak grove!

One in the bushes to the right on hole 7 (Didn't turn over enough LHBH) - G star Teebird

and one on hole 16/17 (Depending if you're playing the extra hole after 11) in the high part of the tree to the left of the metal electrical pole. I threw a big hyzer trying to get around everything and land under the basket but the wind sent it upwards. - 167 S/DS shaped *DS with a dye of Borat on it :(

Latest posts