• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who wears glasses...?

dodgeball

Double Eagle Member
...while playing DG that is? Just getting fed up with contacts--taking em out, cleaning, ordering more at the last moment. So how many spec-wearing DG's are out there? And do u have any issues with them flying off at the end of a big drive?

I'm exact opposite. I'm sick to death of glasses...contacts 4 lyfe!!!

(Otherwise I'd have all SORTS of problems out on the course...flying off, getting them dirty, probably breaking them, etc etc.)

Unless you're throwing with your head I don't understand how you can lose your glasses throwing a disc. The head should be pretty quiet, even on the hardest of throws.

just got glasses. only trouble is getting the early look at the target/line out of the corner of my eye when driving. not quite driving me crazy... but i need them.

I wear my glasses all of the time and I've never had them come off when playing disc golf. I even do 360 drives sometimes and they've never come off. I agree that the glare can be a problem at times, but I get over it...

I have both contacts and glasses. I know that I putt better when I wear my glasses. I have prescription sunglasses too. I don't have any trouble driving with glasses on. It doesn't make much difference, so it depends on what I'm doing after the round.

I put on my glasses when I wake up, take them off when I go to bed. I wore contacts for a while but had one day of burning agony at my driving job (bad combination) and that was that.

Just make sure they fit snug enough to go on a rollercoaster! :)

I've worn glasses practically my entire life and I've never had any problems while discing.It is a good idea to always carry some extra cloths or towels for keeping your glasses dry during rain and snow rounds but that's really all I can think of.

if your glasses fly off when you drive then you have one of two problems

1. glasses don't fit your head right, get new frames
2. you shouldn't be throwing discs with your teeth, it hurts the discs dude!

I throw with glasses

I play with glasses on all the time. The only time they come off is when I knock them off with my back putting the shoulder strap over my head.

Does anyone have a pair of those sports glasses like Kyle Farnsworth (MLB pitcher) wears?

I've always wanted to check out a pair of those things, but I figured they're crazy expensive. Interested in hearing if anyone has experience with them.

I wear both contacts and prescription eyeglasses and I prefer wearing glasses when it comes to DG. I seem to get better depth perception on the course when wearing my glasses. I only like wearing contacts on the course when it's too bright out and I have to wear my Maui Jims.

I've worn glasses since 3rd grade, did contacts for a while, but now I'm back to the anteojos. The only problem I have (besides the fact that this pair is old and starting to become looser) is during the summer, but that's the combination of glasses AND my hyperhidrotic ass practically melting in the heat. I address that with the simple elastic strap...yes, I'll sacrifice chic and gladly don the dorky strap! If I'm not wearing the strap and it's a muggy one, there's a slight chance I'll go all Velma Dinkley on my follow-through (it usually doesn't happen during the backswing/release part of my throw).