• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Why all the hate for R-Pro?

i swear by the R pro cro, i use it as a putter with a dx cro backin it up. the cro is naturally a rigid disc tho, so the R pro plastic balances out and doesnt feel all flimsy like the r pro aviars. i also throw an r pro pig.

I'd have to agree with most of you guys on this. I like the grip, but my R-Pro Roc turned flippy way too fast. It was nice for a couple of rounds though. :rolleyes:

I've only used an RPro Rhyno. I don't like the rubbery feel vs. the soft feel of Pro, and they're prone to bounce outs if you hit the pole. It's okay for drives and long approaches. Haven't used it long or often enough to have an opinion on durability.

love me some R-Pro Darts..used to throw an R-Pro Aviar..other than a few putters i have had no luck with the r-pro..even more so when its summer time..they just get uber gummy

I used to use an rpro rhyno. It was great for putting and shorter approaches. Once I started using it for driving though, it lost all fade and beat into a straight flying to flippy disc in about 2 months. It could be good for getting a nice beat in disc quickly, but it won't hold it's original flight characteristics for long. I still liked it for approaches and not bouncing around or sliding too much, but wasn't what I wanted out of a rhyno.

I love my 180 R-Pro Roc. That thing flies as well as any roc I have thrown. Hopefully it will last. I just avoid throwing it where there are too many trees.

I think it boils down to how horrible the driver R-Pro is, since that was the first iteration that most people tried. Putter and mid blends are totally different. I mostly have experience with the R-Pro Aviar (or in my case the P-P1) which is just simply totally bulletproof. You can't break it, it has no structure to speak of so it can't be broken. It's a bit less stable than a new DX Aviar P&A, but still very usable, even for drives if you dial in your hyzerflips.

It also just happens that the best iteration of the best disc ever made was the first run P-MD2, featuring a stiffer R-Pro than the putter blend, but waaaaayyy more durable than the driver blends and still insanely grippy. It's not premium tough, but it beats DX in durability any day, and resists gouging and small cuts better than regular Pro. I've also tried R-Pro Rocs that look totally trashed and still fly great on slightly understable lines. I hear that the RW-Pros were insanely brittle though.

The feel of the discs on the other hand definitely isn't for everyone. That's a matter of preference, not an inherent flaw in the plastic.

I have had the same R-Pro Boss for over a year now. I throw it a lot...they're not meant for throwing inside the woods..

I love my R-Pro Aviar. :thmbup: The grip is great for touch shots and going for the chains. I tried a R-Pro Roc, me no likey so much. :thmbdown:

The drivers are poooo. Ive seen r pro bosses smashed to smitherines after 1 throw. i feel sad for the guys who waste money on those, if anyone is interested you can give me $9 and ill send you a disc smashed with a hammer and save you the throw!

love my r-pro roc...play on a super wooded course and it takes a ton of beating on the trees, so far it has held up fine but we will see how it is in about a year. my hydra is also r-pro and is incredible

R-Pro Cro's that I had were money. Darts were good too. Cool plastic, but I wouldn't want it for a driver or mid. Way too soft unless you want a new disc every month.

After the Champion T-Bird my R-Pro Cro is my favorite disc/mold/plastic in my bag. I think I own all but 1 of the models made in R-Pro and I have found some use just in the winter for the R-Pro Dart, but I can't speak enough about the R-Pro Cro. Feels great in the hand smooth release, great in the cold and not too gummy in warm weather. Stops quickly and absorbs impacts better. I am a rec level player that hits trees and rocks all the time and this thing is still as stable as ever.

i got an 147 rpro Boss i just found. i named it the rpro "b!tch." as the name entails, this disc pays heavy dues to be in the bag. pure entertainment, honestly, i chuck this thing into everything. teeboxes, trees at 5 ft. buildings, garbage cans, my car. ive never had a better sky roller w/out tryin to throw a sky roller. 30 mph winds this is my b!tch w/ a tailwind. ADD + disc = awesome times

I have a beat to heck Dart in R-Pro that is insanely gripy in the chains... I love it! I may have a freak, but this thing can easily be folded in half and feels like rubber more so than disc plastic. Its a great disc but I can't imagine anything other than putters would benefit from such flexible soft plastic.

aj

Putters in R-Pro are okay and make perfect sense to me. Drivers and mids on the other hard are awful. One encounter with a tree and it's usually a heavily damaged disc afterwards.

I've misjudged you and for that I apologize.

:)

I have an r-pro tank that I use frequently into wind -- drives, approaches, putts -- when in the need to those headwind shots.

BUT

it's not very durable. I had a thorn go alll the way through the rim -- dead on the parting line and str8 though the rim to the center of the inside rim. r-pro seems to lose shape with a tree bang or if left in a funny position in the bag.

They should have just kept making the pro plastic that felt like pro-line plastic. Why the change??? That's why those stinkin' awsome old Pro Rhynos are so $$$. Sticky, floppy that sprang back to original shape, 2x+ more durable than *the current R-Pro plastic, and grabbed chains so much better.

THX BARFING PANDA***

^R-Pro is a lame excuse for this fantastic plastic.

Last edited:
BX5Gw.jpg

R-pro is expensive considering it's durability. I think a lot of people expect to get more when they pay more, but in the case of R-pro vs. dx, that doesn't happen.