• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why all the Innova Hate?

I clearly would take the opinion of a guy who no one knows his real name and doesn't have any proof about how good of a player he is over the current world champion.

My real name is Paden Baumer, and I'm a decent amateur lol

I clearly would take the opinion of a guy who no one knows his real name and doesn't have any proof about how good of a player he is over the current world champion.

I know both his name and game.

On FB John Ahart claimed the last hole he played at the 88 Worlds (the Worlds he won) was a downhill shot.
I told him that was incorrect and others said the same as you said here...they take the word of a Worlds Champ over anyone else.

I hate to point out to you but winning at disc golf doesn't make you perfect or someone who knows more the others except how to win a Worlds.

I helped install the 18 holes for the finals of the 88 Worlds...Doesn't that count for anything?

Not to fanboys, it seems. :)

btw, it has been confirmed, it was an uphill hole.

who is the #1 MVP thower? I've never seen a pro use them besides Graham Russell. is he #1?

I don't think MVP sponsors any players, so not sure that's an entirely fair question. Nor do they really have a full line of discs.

I've thrown their mid ranges and they feel nice in the hand, but I don't think I have the ability to really state they are better/worse than any other company's disc.

I agree with the earlier thoughts that overly interested discers (i.e. those of us on forums) are more inclined to look poorly on Innova as they are the big guy and everyone likes an underdog. I also agree with the earlier sentiment that what works best for you is all that matters.

I know both his name and game.

On FB John Ahart claimed the last hole he played at the 88 Worlds (the Worlds he won) was a downhill shot.
I told him that was incorrect and others said the same as you said here...they take the word of a Worlds Champ over anyone else.

I hate to point out to you but winning at disc golf doesn't make you perfect or someone who knows more the others except how to win a Worlds.

I helped install the 18 holes for the finals of the 88 Worlds...Doesn't that count for anything?

Not to fanboys, it seems. :)

btw, it has been confirmed, it was an uphill hole.

We aren't talking about his opinion on a hole or his opinion on what a course was, we are talking about his opinion of a product. And as the current world champion, I care about his opinion of a product.

I would take his opinion of a course with a grain of salt compared to say Stan McDaniel.

And yes, I would take your word over John's word regarding whether than hole was uphill or downhill based on the circumstances.

But we aren't talking about someone who is a top player and makes a living throwing discs. His opinion, while valued, isn't weighed as heavily as Paul's is IMHO.

Last edited:
We aren't talking about his opinion on a hole or his opinion on what a course was, we are talking about his opinion of a product. And as the current world champion, I care about his opinion of a product.

I would take his opinion of a course with a grain of salt compared to say Stan McDaniel.

How many different "products" has he tried?

Seems to me he's been all Innova so how would Paul know how the others fly. I could be wrong I have not followed his whole career.

And like tbird said, Innova pays Paul McBeth, what else would you expect him to say?

Coincidentally, Paul's defending the same company who's tremendously helped your state become the amazing DG destination it is is the one. Wonderfully objective of you MTL. :thmbup:

How many different "products" has he tried?

Seems to me he's been all Innova so how would Paul know how the others fly. I could be wrong I have not followed his whole career.

And like tbird said, Innova pays Paul McBeth, what else would you expect him to say?

Just because you are sponsored by one company doesn't mean that you aren't allowed to touch/try/throw/etc anything else.

How many times have you seen a non-sponsored pro throw MVP discs in competition? I've only seen one.

Coincidentally, Paul's defending the same company who's tremendously helped your state become the amazing DG destination it is is the one. Wonderfully objective of you MTL. :thmbup:

I'd love to hear this explination....because this is laughable so far.

For the record I throw just about all Innova. I think my putter is a Wham-O/Innova product.

How many times have you seen a non-sponsored pro throw MVP discs in competition? I've only seen one.

Innova has had a loooooong time to become ingrained in the minds of disc golfers everywhere. Give MVP 30 years, then we'll talk.

Innova has had a loooooong time to become ingrained in the minds of disc golfers everywhere. Give MVP 30 years, then we'll talk.

When I played the Memorial, I saw non-sponsored people throwing Legacy, and DD. Hasn't MVP been around longer than they?