• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why all the Innova Hate?

I'll say I've never thrown the same River twice, but Leos have never mistreated me :thmbup:

Those were converted into hand percussion, MIDI controllers, and FX pedals last year :)
just the boring stuff remains, and I'll spam the FB groups with those.

If you've converted anything into China Cymbals or nylon guitar strings, I'm in the market.

No I think it's laziness. The education system..(don't get me started). Anyway learning the basics of the Roc really aren't that hard, the different molds (San Marino, Rancho, Ontario, Roc+, Roc3, Classic Roc..if you count the Classic Roc) & learning the plastics is very simple also.

try to explain the difference between a Sanmarino, Rancho, and ontario roc to a new player.
Why would they even try to learn it when they could just go with a Core. It's what all their hipster buddies are using and then they don;t have to pretend to listen to your lecture on rocs.

Why does everyone hate the groove so much? I know it's wayyyyy overstable but they're nice if your throwing that type of shot.

no, the issue with the groove is that 7 out of 10 will be overstable, 2 will be neutral and one will flip like crazy. Then they are pushed on new players as the greatest new driver.

Innova is great because they introduce discs in a friendly manner. I mean, who doesn't want to throw a Cheetah or a Leopard when they first start out? No one has walked into a DG store for their first time and said, "I'll take the Proton Tangent please."

Innova is just classic.

people hate on innova because they've bought in to all these new trendy companies on promises of consistency and continued quality. then when they get there and they've invested so much time and money in to these trendy new discs they realize they're in the exact same boat they were in before when they had innova discs.

... so they hate, because they've got to blame somebody for their own problems.

Innova has the best fairway drivers and the best baskets...by far.

Love Discatchers!

Probably because my two favorite courses in my hometown use them, but still... Haven't run into a basket yet that has made me think any less of Discatchers.

try to explain the difference between a Sanmarino, Rancho, and ontario roc to a new player.
Why would they even try to learn it when they could just go with a Core. It's what all their hipster buddies are using and then they don;t have to pretend to listen to your lecture on rocs.

I get what your saying but I'd never push any company or disc on someone. And I can explain the basics of those three Roc molds in one sentence. It's simple, from most overstable to least overstable they go Rancho-San Marino-Ontario.

people hate on innova because they've bought in to all these new trendy companies on promises of consistency and continued quality. then when they get there and they've invested so much time and money in to these trendy new discs they realize they're in the exact same boat they were in before when they had innova discs.

Wow, insightful on a whole other level. Sounds like politics. Shocking. :D

Idk about baskets.....DGA baskets are really good.

Agreed. When you can see them in the woods. I am no Innova home boy, but the yellow band is great in the thick woods. I actually think all the baskets that are new, and on most courses are fine. I just like the ones I can see from more than 50' away. I've played some bright orange ones that are awesome.

Very insightful & applies to more than disc golf. Liked it so much pat of it's in my sig now

All in all, Innova frustrates the customer. Their innovations are legendary and deserve praise. Their disregard for the average customer is also legendary and does not deserve praise.