• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why all the Innova Hate?

LOL reading this thread makes me hate Innova and I have mostly their discs. Their all pretty awesome tho except the Dragon I found. Its good for throwing aroudn in the pool. It skips like a rock if you throw it upside down!!! :)

You want to see the Innova love, check out the marketplace. Innova collectors outnumber other disc company collectors 20 to 1 (Unscientifically deduced by me). And they pay big bucks for some of their discs.
I work with a dude whose bag CANNOT FATHOM non-pearly Spiders, non-original Gators, non-early Star Wraiths, on and on and on. And it's not because he has any reverence for Innova, it's because we live in an Innova-dominated area and he got accustomed to buying these types off the rack at some point, and then buying them used off buddies for a couple years. But when they got scarce, he'd pay 4x retail for a used one, just because it's the only thing that felt and flew "right" for him. He's a serious collector too, but he collects as a commodity (sealed for future gains). His throwers are a different matter... he's paying out the nose for some molds because, despite our access to THOUSANDS of Innova discs at prices cheaper than any non-dealer could touch... they often feel just gross to him, as a thrower.

Same with me. The Innova-produced portion of my bag couldn't be replaced off the shelf. I can't stand how Sidewinders feel now, I can't stand modern Rhynos, Orion LF is shot to hell, Orion LS is wrong, Sentinel... omfg NO, SuperSoft is s#it and miss, QJs NO, Coyote NO, QMS NO, FBs somewhat returned to desirable. Coming from an established Innova bag for the last 5 years, I can't buy off the shelf, those are not the discs I like even though they're the same model name and plastic line.

Our frisbees are not lab-grade creations. Make some mad scientist gold, then never reproduce it, and a lot of people are gonna be bummed with the reality of never getting that awesome plastic back. I don't hate Innova for this, but it certainly makes it attractive to sell off my lifetime hoard and fall in love with modern molds from more steady producers.

Yes, they have been around longer, so there will be a demand for older, discontinued discs and hype. It will be hard to tell if the other brands will find the same nostalgia for discontinued discs and plastic type. Probably not, as Discraft has been around for awhile and the collector value isn't as high. Even though I don't buy into the hype or concept of such things I do find it interesting and fun to watch what sales and for how much.

I think that is because I can still buy a Comet that flies just like the one I bought in 1990.

ZMan44

Vulcan is -4/2 in star and -3/2 in champ

TP 970+ rated hater

Katana champ -2/3; star -3/3

I would have to say a lot of Lat's discs (as well as westside and DD) are different stabilities for the same mold across the plastics. My GL and opto saints flew very different, as did my GL and opto rivers.

silky_johnson-chappelle.jpg

I'm glad I'm just getting into this sport. I won't have the angst of missing the golden years do Innova. Every new disc to me is like candy.

I moved away from Innova plastic, but have since came back around. It's really all I can get locally, and I know what I am looking for in the Innova molds I throw. I've noticed inconsistencies in every brand of disc I've tried, it's not solely an Innova thing. Maybe they do it more often, but they're pumping out way more discs than anyone and available at a lot more places, so I think it's easier to handpick an Innova you like... which for me balances out. But to each his own.

Plus, Leopards and Valkyries are just awesome.

Seems trendy around here to throw Latitude 64 and Dynamic Discs. To each their own I say. Why should I care if you think the Innova discs I throw are garbage? I know what they do. But if I find a disc I like and can throw it well, I don't care who makes it.

70% of the disc I own are Innova. I am a Yankees fan, but I don't like the Dallas Cowboys. I am indifferent on Microsoft and General Motors. During March Madness I root for teams based on how small their school is. I sleep soundly at night.

Seems trendy around here to throw Latitude 64 and Dynamic Discs. To each their own I say. Why should I care if you think the Innova discs I throw are garbage? I know what they do. But if I find a disc I like and can throw it well, I don't care who makes it.

hate hate hate Lat and DD. Stupid Frisbees never fly like my reviews when the money is ontheline. Hate hate hate practice and folks like you that make sense too ;) Got my post count quota for the day so yea for me, peace

No hate from me. I have thrown plenty of Innova and one of my favorite discs is the Teebird. I have also been carrying Firebird recently.

The inconsistency is my problem with Innova, but I certainly don't hate them and I throw all Innova drivers and a couple slower discs too. By inconsistency I mean between molds, not in a single disc (except the Groove). Since I recently learned that parting line height has a lot to do with stability I have started comparing my Destroyers, and most of them have different PLHs. And I am not even considering Destrulcans, which I was lucky enough to avoid.

The whole Destrulcan situation was really bad too, with Innova denying there was anything wrong, and this is probably a reason for some of the hate.