• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why are NutSacs so pricey?

I love mine. I keep it in my trunk loaded up and ready for a spur of the moment Glow round.

- Glow Valkyrie
- Glow Wizard
- Glow Buzzz
- CFR Glow Destroyer
- CFR Glow Leopard
- Fly-By-Nite Owl.
Along with Glow Mini in the little pocket.

Good to go.

I also use it for casual rounds in the winter. I added a paracord waist strap to keep it tight against my back, so I can play casual practice rounds in the snow/wet without taking it off.

And it recently came in handy for a local two disc tournament. Most of the people there, had their full bags with just two discs in them....mainly so they had a place to keep their water. I used my Nutsac, loaded with my two discs, a towel, and a water bottle attached via a caribeaner. The perfect use for it.

Of course I also love my Revo Carolina bag for any competitive round where I want my full arsenal.

FAQ

1. Why does the NutSac disc golf bag cost more than nylon bags?

For the same reason Organic food is expensive--high quality materials and American labor. You don't want a feedlot bag. You want the finest bag for your game, then get a NutSac.

That is from their web site. I bought one, loved it, and became a dealer for them. I am happy to answer any specific questions you have as a NutSac user and/or seller.

****...I just bought one and love it. It carries exactly what I need for one round. I have another bag for all my inbetween discs. I enjoy how it fits...and it's not that expensive. You don't need 12 to 25 discs per round per hole. And before whoever wants to be a wanker and type some stupid ass comment....just save it.

I have one, and I also own Carhart clothes for work. It is made of the same material and neither are cheap. They both do last forever though. Just because someone buys a higher quality item doesn't make them yuppies BTW. The bags are good for what they are, they are the only thing that fills their target of minimalism and are made of a material that will last a long time. Having a properly made product means that return business will be lower so therefore the initial cost will be more but the savings to the consumer come in time.

i.e. If you go through 4 beginner bags in the same time I go through one Nutsac, I would have saved 45 bucks over what you spent. (35 for my nutsac to 80 for the four beginner bags). Value versus price are two different things.
You get what you pay for. Just take care of what you have, I have ordered one and expect it sometime this week. Reasons for buying it; 1. Made in USA.2 Will last a long time, due to material its made from. 3 It will force me to learn the disc I have in it. I am a beginner having played 2 rounds. By only having a few discs to learn, it just seemed a no brainer. Good trade material also.

You guys must have never bought a lady friend/wifey one of those bags they refer to as a "purse"

Smaller than my actual nutsack and still cost $100+ depending on the tag or design it shows :|

Most DG bags are pretty dang pricey in general. For a smaller boutique product IMO they are fine.

All of the above, but I do have to say that I have had mine since their first offering and it has seen A LOT of action. It carries the same discs that I can fit in my Upper Park Designs Focus but I almost always reach for my NutSac (no pun intended) first. It definitely is durable despite being put down on the ground or put through conditions that usually degrade other bags. I have a Crunch bag that has seen almost the same wear and tear and the fabric in the pocket and drink holder is almost non-existence now. There is no wear on my NutSac.

I do not drive with the NutSac on my back, but I can make all other shots with it slung over my shoulder without it being intrusive. That really allows for quick rounds.

Plus, as long as people do not look too closely, I can pass it off as part of my costume at the Renaissance Festival. It is a great way to carry my DSLR camera without being too obvious that I am in costume but taking pictures.

I mentioned in another thread that I moved my 5 year old NutSac into glow duty being the 2.0 came out with the bigger front pocket. This is my 4th year as a NutSac retailer and I've never had a warranty exchange despite being #1 in worldwide sales.

Seriously, they're $45-$75 for the single and double versions.

After I started gathering my handful of assorted discs, I found a small messenger style bag by Timbuk2 that had been marked down to < $20 from $55. Since I was in Dick's Sporting Goods, I grabbed a disc off the shelf to test the fit. It's a stylin' dark gray with contrasting beige stripe down the middle. They make great bags in general, and this one is light and not much wider than a disc, but will hold up to 7 discs. Plus it has several pockets for scorecards, keys, etc. The flap velcros shut so it's easy to open/close and I often throw with it hanging across my back.

Any comments on what you all carry in the smallish range are welcome. I see plenty of peeps with the larger tourney bags, but I'm trying to keep to a more minimalist style of DG, and not carry more than 5-7 discs so this is working out really well.

Innova's small bag is like $15 how can you beat that.

Discraft, Latitude, and Innova all have $15 "starter" bags. These are very cheaply made and will not last years of continuous use.

But since you asked how you could "beat it" (assuming you mean price), here's your answer...

wmtreusable-bag-003.jpg

About $1 :D

I've had my innova starter bag for less than a year and the cover has nearly torn away from the zippers. I also ripped the mesh on the drink holder when my keys got stuck in it. Plus it's not that great of a bag, it looses shape really quickly and is kind of bulky. For the price, a single 2.0 Nutsac will do the same job much better and be less bulky. Plus they're built really well and made of much better material.

Fyi I've had a nutsac for three years. It's been through a lot. I am a bit of a hot head and have even thrown the whole bag into a tree in disgust. It still looks brand new. No rip. Tears. Like the grip vs magellan discussions sometimes you get what you pay for

Not to knock on the NutSack, no pun intended, but I never really saw their appeal. If you were to only use that many discs it's way easier, cheaper, and more practice to mod something. Even when I'm discing a small course I'll still pack extra putters to practice with. As a counter argument, I've bought both the innova starter bag and fade crunch before, each looked like dog $h*t after just a few seasons.

Maybe they're made from real nutsacs... that'd drive the price up.