• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why I love this game.

MarkFLTRI

I'll bet we're all close as to why we love the game of Disc Golf

#1: the people (very few A-holes). The best players at local courses usually are the ones who go out of their way to promote the sport (they know you suck, but they would never let you know because they remember when... and know if you love the sport you will improve also.

#2: the scenery. piney woods so tall you barely see sunshine in the middle of the day. Wildlife all around as you hit the best shot you've ever made. Elevation changes, lakes, ponds. Let's not forget hot chicks on summer days supporting their men, or 'god bless' the girls who play also.

#3: your first --- long drive, hyzer/anny or roller that you actually tried to throw, a killer putt to score an Eagle/Birdie and the feel of the 'snap'.

#4: purchasing, trading for or finding the disc you've wanted and finding out it is the 'real-deal', or losing your favorite disc and someone actually calls to return it.

#5: turning someone else on to the sport and watching them improve their game.

There are alot more reasons to get addicted, these are just a few.. Does anyone else have an opinion...?

#1 I have an addictive personality when it comes to buying things to improve myself (like new discs)

#2 Despite spending money for equipment, actually playing is free!

#3 Trying to make that one impossible shot you could never make again

#4 Being athletic without really doing any real exercise

#5 You can get mad and throw your equipment without doing any real damage

#6 The ladies...girls love them some disc golf

Did Dr. Phil make this post??? This is almost too nice and homey. But I will play anyway.

Because I can fart and pee in on public lands that my tax dollars pay for.

Long drives off the tee. Being outside. Seeing my game improve over time.

I'll bet we're all close as to why we love the game of Disc Golf

#1: the people (very few A-holes). The best players at local courses usually are the ones who go out of their way to promote the sport (they know you suck, but they would never let you know because they remember when... and know if you love the sport you will improve also.

#2: the scenery. piney woods so tall you barely see sunshine in the middle of the day. Wildlife all around as you hit the best shot you've ever made. Elevation changes, lakes, ponds. Let's not forget hot chicks on summer days supporting their men, or 'god bless' the girls who play also.

#3: your first --- long drive, hyzer/anny or roller that you actually tried to throw, a killer putt to score an Eagle/Birdie and the feel of the 'snap'.

#4: purchasing, trading for or finding the disc you've wanted and finding out it is the 'real-deal', or losing your favorite disc and someone actually calls to return it.

#5: turning someone else on to the sport and watching them improve their game.

There are alot more reasons to get addicted, these are just a few.. Does anyone else have an opinion...?

....all of the above...but you forgot to mention the exercise (granted it's not intense) and also the fact you don't have to pay 20 bucks a pop to play a course. IT"S FREE (well, other than the 700 bucks plus I've spent on equipment)

For me it's seeing the plastic do what I wanted it to do.

At least part of the time ...

... before that #%^(*&#$^ tree got in the way

... and the WIND

... oh no, not the lake

... are we playing mulligans? :D

Aside from the obvious:

1: It's me, the disc and the intended flight path. Nothing else exists at that moment. I can't get that in many other ways.

2: If I have a dozen bad shots in a round, it's that one perfect (lucky) one that I'll remember.

3: There are some pretty cool people on the courses and on this site.

4: Plastic is pretty.

It's always fun to be on the course, no matter what happens.

It's a great sport that takes no time to learn, but an eternity to master.

MUCH CHEAPER than ball golf that I used to play 2-3 times a week, just paying for gas and a few discs after a while instead of fees every round + equipment + golf balls.

The people are fun to be around, a lot of ball golfers are disrespectful, but most disc golfers are cool.

The laid back atmosphere of the sport, ball golf has too many rules even on a casual round with buddies.

I love it because I can get out and really play my ass off or I can take the whole family for a round. I can go out with my son and we spend some father son time daily playing disc golf. My dad plays with us a few times a week. My wife and daughter play as well. And my brother and his family play also. Disc golf just becomes a part of who you are, and I love it.

For me it's seeing the plastic do what I wanted it to do.

At least part of the time ...

... before that #%^(*&#$^ tree got in the way

... and the WIND

... oh no, not the lake

... are we playing mulligans? :D

It's always the wind/tree/lake's fault! Always! :D