• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why must it taunt me?

Technohic

* Ace Member *
So, I am disc golfing with a few friends and we come up to a tee. Its at least 300' to the basket, downhill, and there is strangely just a small hole right at the end of the tee to get through. One of my buddies goes first, and it looks a little tight for him when he throws to get through that small window at the end of the tee.

So, I decide to go with an understable mid since it is 300' and down hill, and the way I plan to approach the small window is to come from the right side of it, with my back to the hole, similar to the Discraft "Getting out of Trouble" video that the guy uses when stuck behind a tree. I want to go for finess and control and hope the disc will just glide down the hill.

I reach for a disc, I dont remember getting but sure enough, it is in the bag. It is a white Coyote, and it is somewhat beat and the plastic feels almost like a SE Rhyno. I notice I hadnt marked it so I point out to the group, for whatever reason, so they know its mine, stressing it is a Coyote and makins sure no one else has one like it they are throwing, as to not get confused.

I then have a friend watching for me, since I am going to start with my back toward the hole, in case something goes wrong so we know where the disc goes. I whip the disc around and let it go, and turn to look and the disc is on course and I can see it gliding through the air. It lifts a couple times, as if wind is hitting it, but stays on course gliding nicely then starts to fade gently down, and I hear a quiet "ching".

No way! That did not just happen. I move out a little further in disbeleif looking. "No, its not in its...its..its in! Woohoo! I got my first ace!" and I start dancing and feel excited. Look around and all my friends are getting excited to with me. My emotions are running higher and higher; until.... I wake up and it is 8 am on a Sunday morning. :wall:

Makes me wonder if I need to go look for this mysterious Coyote though.

So, I am disc golfing with a few friends and we come up to a tee. Its at least 300' to the basket, downhill, and there is strangely just a small hole right at the end of the tee to get through. One of my buddies goes first, and it looks a little tight for him when he throws to get through that small window at the end of the tee.

So, I decide to go with an understable mid since it is 300' and down hill, and the way I plan to approach the small window is to come from the right side of it, with my back to the hole, similar to the Discraft "Getting out of Trouble" video that the guy uses when stuck behind a tree. I want to go for finess and control and hope the disc will just glide down the hill.

I reach for a disc, I dont remember getting but sure enough, it is in the bag. It is a white Coyote, and it is somewhat beat and the plastic feels almost like a SE Rhyno. I notice I hadnt marked it so I point out to the group, for whatever reason, so they know its mine, stressing it is a Coyote and makins sure no one else has one like it they are throwing, as to not get confused.

I then have a friend watching for me, since I am going to start with my back toward the hole, in case something goes wrong so we know where the disc goes. I whip the disc around and let it go, and turn to look and the disc is on course and I can see it gliding through the air. It lifts a couple times, as if wind is hitting it, but stays on course gliding nicely then starts to fade gently down, and I hear a quiet "ching".

No way! That did not just happen. I move out a little further in disbeleif looking. "No, its not in its...its..its in! Woohoo! I got my first ace!" and I start dancing and feel excited. Look around and all my friends are getting excited to with me. My emotions are running higher and higher; until.... I wake up and it is 8 am on a Sunday morning. :wall:

Makes me wonder if I need to go look for this mysterious Coyote though.

wow that was an awesome story until you woke up.

wow that was an awesome story until you woke up.

I know. I have been wandering around with great despair all morning. Doesnt help that there is about 2 feet of snow on the ground to where I cant get out to even make an attempt to make the dream a reality.

lol. i thought the end was gonna be some little punker grabbed the disc out of the basket and ran off with it.

perhaps your sub-conscious is clairvoyant though :D

lol. i thought the end was gonna be some little punker grabbed the disc out of the basket and ran off with it.

perhaps your sub-conscious is clairvoyant though :D

Why would it be a punker?! If anything it would be some spoiled abercrombie kid

I know. I have been wandering around with great despair all morning. Doesnt help that there is about 2 feet of snow on the ground to where I cant get out to even make an attempt to make the dream a reality.

yeah i'm with you on that one. massive snow here too. won't be disc golfing for awhile, supposed to be more snow on tuesday or wednesday.

Get out in that! The more snow the better, well, sort of, kinda, not really...but ya gotta work with what you have.:|

Get out in that! The more snow the better, well, sort of, kinda, not really...but ya gotta work with what you have.:|

I thought about it, but it is not fun to walk in even on flat ground. Get me on some of those hills at the course and I could see myself getting injured and having to wait even longer to get out.

Drive to where there's no lake effect snow. We've only got a few inches on the ground here :D

Drive to where there's no lake effect snow. We've only got a few inches on the ground here :D

I just might. Suppose to get a couple to 4 more inches this week, along with some other snow and temps staying cool enough for what we have to not melt. Might be time for a road trip.

Great story, I also thought you were going to say someone else popped out of the trees only to say it was their disc, and yours faded off into the woods.

Why would it be a punker?! If anything it would be some spoiled abercrombie kid

because the little peckers around here that pull this **** (and stole one of mine, been present when 4 others were stolen) are just disrespectful punk ******* kids, not bored rich kids looking for a rush.

Latest posts