• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Will Schusterick throws 134 mph?

There was a pitching booth set up at the am worlds players party. They had a guy lying down aiming the radar gun while you threw drives over him. Double G threw like 72 or 73 mph.

I imagine for disc speed you would need a Chronograph like they do for arrows.
image.php

Wow talk about skinny gap to hit.

I would love to see the record catch video. Does it exist?

I was there watching as the top guys were throwing. Will actually broke the record 3 times in about 20 minutes. First was 127, then 129, then 134 - all of them had to be caught to count. Dave Nesbitt caught all three of them. Nikko and a few others threw too, but they couldn't get over 115 consistently.

I assumed at the time that it was mph, but kph does make more sense now that I think about it...

Wow I'm jealous. I want that velocity.

Brad Walker over at DGR did some work with his own speed gun and found tht slower discs actually tend to come out of your hands faster for some odd reason. Faster discs just hold their speed much longer.

It was at a guts festival.

Old record for thworing was 137. Old record for throwing and catching was around 130. Big Jerm threw a 134 that got cought, and then Will overtook his record with a 137 that got cought. So he tied the speed record AND also got someone to catch it.

Was a week ago. Nate Doss posted some pics on his facebook.

I think around 60 feet.

edit : foudn the rules :

301 Field of Play

301.01 Dimensions: The field of play shall consist of two parallel lines, designated as foul or goal lines, parallel to each other and 14 m apart (15 yd, 11 in).

Last edited:
It was 134 kph when the gun registered the speed and the disc traveled 14 meters (~45 ft). I have the video of the 129 kph throw & catch but stopped filming before the 134 kph throw & catch. Nez and I calculated that if the disc was traveling 134 kph for 14 meters, there would be 11 frames of video at 33.3 milliseconds per frame (30 frames/sec). There were actually 18 frames so the disc slows down quite bit from the radar reading taken maybe 3-4 meters after release. I'll see about getting the video up on YouTube.

Will is a disc god. He played a tournament here in Tupelo a couple of years back on one of our tougher courses and he birdied the first 5 holes... a feat that has never been done before, before a disc god stepped out in Tupelo, Ms!