• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Women's symposium

GCC: MPO 152 players. 1st Place $3000.00 - FPO 36 players. 1st Place $2000.

Maybe I'm wrong, but based on that stat alone looks like the FPO division was treated well?

Maybe I'm wrong, but based on that stat alone looks like the FPO division was treated well?

Nope, payout should've been the same.

That's equality.

Why does Innova hate Women's Disc Golf?

*sarcasm.

Nope, payout should've been the same.

That's equality.

Why does Innova hate Women's Disc Golf?

*sarcasm.

There are women fighting all over for equal pay and here you go with some macho man throwing dolla bills at a bitch response.

:p

Id say they got way too much cheese. But really none of them helped bake the bread lol.

For sure. It would seem that the added cash for this was handled differently from the AO. No way to know but I wonder if the payout distribution was decided before or after the recent efforts by some of the women in disc golf to push for more equity.

Looking at payouts at GCC last year (not an NT), first in MPO=$2000 and FPO=$875. Field sizes this year doubled in MPO and quadrupled in FPO. First in MPO went up 50% and about 125% for FPO. Seems pretty close to what you'd expect for those relative field size increases.

For sure. It would seem that the added cash for this was handled differently from the AO. No way to know but I wonder if the payout distribution was decided before or after the recent efforts by some of the women in disc golf to push for more equity.

At the 2016 GCC, there was a generous gift of $1000.00 specifically for the Women's payout. At the 2017 GCC, there was a gift of $2000.00 for the Women's payout. Rumor has it, the gift will increase to $5,000.00 for 2018 if at least 60 Pro Women sign up!