• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

World's Photos...

FredVegasDGC, your photos look great and you seem like a good guy just trying to get a great shot, but the quote above makes me believe you knew you were in the wrong. The other guys in the group did not care about your "aggressive" position because the other guys in the group did not know what to expect from a photographer at "Worlds". The Champ knew what to expect, and I guess the Champ did not want to have to teach an etiquette class on photography while trying to play at the PDGA Worlds focused.

What I mean by a little aggressive is not by being closer to the players. I was using a 300mm lens and was about halfway down the hole. The aggressive description was referring to my lens & head poking out from behind a large tree and if you threw an anny shot it could go over my head. But as soon as the disc leaves the players hand and I get a few frames I duck behind the tree in case the disc comes at me.

I very well may have been in the wrong. But there is a simple remedy for me being in the way.

At the players meeting the head PDGA guy made a specific announcement that night partly because I brought the issue up about getting in the players way. THere are about 12 photographers covering the events this week and one is deaf. He specifically announced that if any photographer is in their way to motion for the photographer to move.

And several players did just that so far this week. I'm going for the best spot I can.

If you step on the tee pad and throw when you were warned before hand by a member of your group and shank a bad shot then that's on the player.

All he had to was motion at me and I drop back in to the woods. I would have just waited for him to throw or maybe skipped all the players for later.

I have been told by more than a few that Kenny is sometimes a complainer.

I like the snippet on the e-mail next to Masters :D. Wish I could make it down :(...

All the times I've done USDGC I've never had any complaints. Sounds like someone's panties were in a bunch. You def. were not in the wrong Kevin.

Last edited:
Today's e-mail from the PDGA director of photography on what we still need...

"Climo does not want photographers taking his picture or in his way... do it anyway."

What I mean by a little aggressive is not by being closer to the players. I was using a 300mm lens and was about halfway down the hole. The aggressive description was referring to my lens & head poking out from behind a large tree and if you threw an anny shot it could go over my head. But as soon as the disc leaves the players hand and I get a few frames I duck behind the tree in case the disc comes at me.

I very well may have been in the wrong. But there is a simple remedy for me being in the way.

At the players meeting the head PDGA guy made a specific announcement that night partly because I brought the issue up about getting in the players way. THere are about 12 photographers covering the events this week and one is deaf. He specifically announced that if any photographer is in their way to motion for the photographer to move.

And several players did just that so far this week. I'm going for the best spot I can.

If you step on the tee pad and throw when you were warned before hand by a member of your group and shank a bad shot then that's on the player.

All he had to was motion at me and I drop back in to the woods. I would have just waited for him to throw or maybe skipped all the players for later.

I have been told by more than a few that Kenny is sometimes a complainer.
Got it. Have fun the rest of the week, and look forward to looking at your photos.

I have an interesting pic from the Hornet's Nest Men's room that I think Mr. Von Drehle will think is interesting, but I bet since he lives near here, he already knows to what I refer...

It's on my phone, but I don't know if posting it here will be a violation of the board rules :D

Last edited:
Hold on a second....if Boy George or George Micheal are also in the picture we DON'T want to see it.

Today during the final 9 holes...

The Masters were finishing up and myself & Dan (the deaf photographer) were about 100 feet away when they were putting.

I had my cameras down, I wasn't going to shoot those guys. But Dan was shooting Barry's putt from about 30'-40' and he hit the basket. He immediately begins staring at me. But my cameras were down.

Barry then walks to me while Kenny is doing his pre-putt ritual. I tell him it wasn't me I refused to shoot your finals and won't photograph any more masters division players.

Then he walks over and stands in front of Dan while Kenny shoots his putt.

luckily Dennis Rodman wasn't playing

I met a lot of DGCR players the last week and got to get some pics of a few.

I didn't shoot the pros much except for the final few holes on Saturday. Most of my time I spent shooting groups that had friends playing.

When I get my edit done I'll post up some of my favorites and a link to everything.

Here's a couple of DGCR players I got today on Hole 1 of Angry Beaver...

WednesdayAngryBeaver235.jpg

I apologize but I'm tired and can't remember the names...

That's theotherbill :)

I took a ton of video, I need to go threw it all and see what I got. My buddies wife took her higher end camera to a couple of rounds and got a ton of great pics. If you are friends with the players on FB, you'll see them tagged in the photos lol.

Fred, don't want to hijack your thread, but I'd rather not start another World's Photos thread -- mind if I slap a few of my pics in here?