• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst Driver Ever

Wosrt disc ever

• Total voters
WORST ONE I BOUGHT WAS THE TURBO PUTTER FROM QUEST: ONLY GOOD FOR THE PIE IN THE SKY OVERHEAD THROW IF YOU CAN MASTER IT.

AND OVERRATED TO ME WAS THE LEOPARD. TURNS OVER EVERYTIME I THROW IT SIDEARM, NOMATER THE WEIGHT. AND A CLOSE SECOND WOULD HAVE TO BE THE WRAITH

Um...It's usually the indian not the arrow. The Leopard is not the best sidearm disc. It is fairway driver meant to be thrown at lower speeds. You need a higher speed disc. The Wraith is a great disc and yes, you have to throw it at the correct speed so if you are a novice then don't use pro tools

Black jax

The first generation with the switch was light and very overstable. I have to put so much hyzer on it to avoid rolling it. The scond generation has a better light mechanism, but they over compensated and it is too understable. I have to throw with a ridiculous anhyzer and I don't get much distance on it. I love to play at night since I go to Morley Field in San Diego (3+ hour rounds on weekends because of crowds). I have resorted to tapping an LED and batterie to my wraith. At least I know what to expect when I throw it.

The first generation with the switch was light and very overstable. I have to put so much hyzer on it to avoid rolling it. The scond generation has a better light mechanism, but they over compensated and it is too understable. I have to throw with a ridiculous anhyzer and I don't get much distance on it.

I think you got that backwards? :confused:

I've only throwh a few discs that weren't from Innova so my least favorite will have to be an Innova. I hate to do it, but here we go. I got a Hydra, because it floats, to use at the Woodshed and Whipping Post in Paw Paw, WV. Apparently, not only does it have the ability to float... it has the desire to float. As a matter of fact, it loves to float. If I throw it, it's going to get wet! It may be my fault, but it's so overstable for an approach disc I find it virtually useless. It loves to take a header straight down.

And I bought a set of the "Frisbee" disc golf discs at a bargain store last year. I threw each one about twice and they went back in the box and back to the store. I hope they didn't sell too many because they'd probably turn new players away from the game.

As far as overrated, I'd have to say the FL. I got it as my first overstable disc, "to add distance to anyone's game." It ends up that it's definitely overstable, it just doesn't go very far. And I have a Champion Wraith that's way more overstable than the ratings. I just throw it instead because it's way more controllable and so the FL sits.

Worst disc.....Any drivers from Gateway. Everything I've ever thrown from them is so massively overstable you can't do a thing with it. Now the Wizard putter from them is very good, I don't throw them, but I know a lot who do.

(im going to stir up crap with this one, but I would say the Discraft Buzzz. Its a great midrange, but I dont see how it is signifcantly better than other midranges out there, like the Roc or the Shark. Whats the big deal?)

If you ever say another unkind word about the Buzzz, I'll show you one up close and personally.

As far as over-rated discs are concerned, and discs I hate the most. Here's the list.

OverRated -- Roc, Skeeter, Avenger,
Sucky -- Xcaliber
Worst ever -- Anything by Quest AT

Last edited:
The innova Moray....Is there even anyone that remembers that disc =P

There's a reason it's not listed anywhere or available anywhere ;)

Um...It's usually the indian not the arrow. The Leopard is not the best sidearm disc. It is fairway driver meant to be thrown at lower speeds. You need a higher speed disc. The Wraith is a great disc and yes, you have to throw it at the correct speed so if you are a novice then don't use pro tools

LEOPARD WAS TOOOOO SLOW FROM DAY ONE EVEN TRYING IT BACKHAND, AND THE WRAITH IS ALSO TOO SLOW. I USE A RAGING INFERNO FOR MY BACKHAND, AND A DESTROYER FOR MY SIDEARM AND CONSISTANTLY OUTDRIVE MY FRIENDS. WE ARE ALL SCRATCH GOLFERS BY THE WAY. I JUST DON'T SEE HOW INNOVA CLAIMS THE LEOPARD TO BE A GOOD STARTER DISC AND THE WRAITH TO BE ONE OF THE LONGEST FLYERS ON THE MARKET

I have an Epic. It's fun to throw, but I have no idea where it's going when I do. I bought it because I can't throw very far and it claims "you will throw it farther than any other disc!"

I can only get my innova drivers to go about 225, but I stay in the fairway... approach and putt. The Epic just doesn't work for my game. I never had to use the tomahawk throw before... I don't really think I want to.

Worst disc... my 171 Star Cro. Even after hitting countless trees and rocks, it is still an overstable pig. Lately I've been going to my 175 DX Cro instead, nice and flippy.

Overrated disc... the Roc. I know I'll probably get a ton of hater replies, but I just hate that damn disc. It's a large diameter and feels so goofy in my hands. Give me a classic Aviar anyday!

dragon...just plain sucks.

To each their own but I've parked my Dragon dead on close to the basket on water holes more than a few times, it's indispensible for me. Maybe it's just the added confidence that it won't sink. Yesterday I threw it on a 315 foot hole over water the whole way and put it within ten feet of the basket on a small island.

To each their own but I've parked my Dragon dead on close to the basket on water holes more than a few times, it's indispensible for me. Maybe it's just the added confidence that it won't sink. Yesterday I threw it on a 315 foot hole over water the whole way and put it within ten feet of the basket on a small island.

Just curiuos what hole this was. I am a Clearwater golfer as well and I can't recall any water holes like this. Unless it was 17 at Maximo. Btw who is this? Do you play dubs or handicaps ever?

Worst "Discs" ever

Turbo Putt and Wheel- however I don't consider those to be discs...

so then I choose the Epic, it reminds me of a toy I had when I was a kid- a beach ball with a small weighted patch attached to one side which made the ball do crazy loops when you threw it!

Just curiuos what hole this was. I am a Clearwater golfer as well and I can't recall any water holes like this. Unless it was 17 at Maximo. Btw who is this? Do you play dubs or handicaps ever?

It's in Orlando, Gordon Barnett Park-The North Course, Hole 18.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/gallery.php?id=779&mode=gal#

We rented a cabin over the weekend at Lake Louisa State Park about a half an hour away from the course just west of Orlando. My Brother-in-Law and I wanted to play Bill Frederisck Park which is close to Gordon Barnett but they had a tournament going on.

I just play for fun and have never played in a league or tournament but I might try a tourny this year just for the hell of it, particularly if it's at Cliff Stevens or Saint Andrew's Links. We do play at least once a week in the Tampa area so there's a decent chance I've seen you out there.