• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst Fake Terminology?

bholy08

* Ace Member *
Had a guy who had been playing 10 years tell a newb he needed to throw "anti-level" to get distance...think he was describing anhyzer but not sure.

And he said this while handing the poor kid a flick, sayings its a good beginner disc :doh:

I bought a flick when I was starting out as well.

The disc still doesn't have much use as I can't get any good distance yet.

One of our locals says 'stable-up' all the time when discribing fade. I.e. Man that disc never stabled-up, it just stayed straight the whole time..

Pretty much all the locals now say it.

My brother in law bought his first ever disc because the salesman said it was "Turn-corrected"...pretty sure he (the salesman) had no idea what he was talking about.

My brother in law bought his first ever disc because the salesman said it was "Turn-corrected"...pretty sure he (the salesman) had no idea what he was talking about.

could you use that is a sentence please;)

One of our locals says 'stable-up' all the time when discribing fade. I.e. Man that disc never stabled-up, it just stayed straight the whole time..

I always say "GET NEW!" when I want something to start fading.

I've heard a few people scream "GET STABLE!" when they want the disc to fade.:confused:

I hear a lot of people calling different shots "scoobies". It seems like they've heard someone say that and since it sounds kinda cool, they want to use it real bad hoping it makes them sound cool. I'm pretty sure most people using this term have no idea what a real scooby is.

An old-timer at one of the leagues I play in uses the term "squirrel on up there" when he wants the disc to slide up to the basket after grounding it too early.

I hear a lot of people calling different shots "scoobies". It seems like they've heard someone say that and since it sounds kinda cool, they want to use it real bad hoping it makes them sound cool. I'm pretty sure most people using this term have no idea what a real scooby is.
I heard so many different shots called a "scooby" when I started playing that I never bothered to try to figure out what it really is.

Had my sister in law and my nephews in town last week. 8 and 10. Took them to the course a couple of times, they enjoyed it. Sent them home with some discs. But for the life of them they couldn't refrain from calling a putter "a putt."

"Is the Rhyno a putt?"

No, it's a putter!

"Should I throw a putt here?"

It's a PUTTER! Putt is what you do with it, putter is what it is.

Etc., etc. Drove me nuts.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure most people using this term have no idea what a real scooby is.

I'm probably wrong, but that's what I call it when I turn the disc upside down, and slide it along the ground to get under an obstacle like a low-hanging bush or pine tree.

We always yell, "Get legs!" when disc turns into an unlikely roller.

I always liked "Get greasy" or VonDrehle's "Get Sneaky" when you want your disc to get through some trees or other obstacles.