• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst Fake Terminology?

Yup - it's what I've always seen referred to as a 'scooby'. How about all the Texas hate as well? I'm not even from here and I don't hate it THAT bad. Starting to believe the whole 'jealous of Texas' thing the locals here talk about.

Zactly what I was saying ;). That shot description sounds like a grenade.

You 'might' want to actually read the threads you are linking to ... especially the eventual conclusion that it's made up BS that some rednecks tried to latch onto. :\

You also linked to a video of a guy doing a BH approach roller ... and calling it a "Scoober". LOFL

Made up? -edit- At least not recently.

Last edited:
One of our local courses had a sign right out front, that said disk golf for the first 10 years of it's existence. :)

I like to tell my discs to "get skinny" when they're near a tree. I think that's borrowed from another sport, maybe golf. "Get legs" is also a common appeal for your golf ball to keep going, and I've heard disc golfers use it. "Hook up" is a common term around here that describes the moment in a disc's flight where the LSS takes over and it starts to fade. For example, "It looked like it was on a good line, but the disc never hooked up." I know a guy who talks about being in the "early release program" when his grip is weak and the disc comes out of his hand early. I like that, so I'm starting to say it too. :)

I love it when someone's disc is tuning too much and they start yelling TURN! And when their disc keeps turning after they say turn I always say "It listened."

I know a guy who talks about being in the "early release program" when his grip is weak and the disc comes out of his hand early. I like that, so I'm starting to say it too. :)

I always say "She's pregnant". Cuz I released too early.

When you have about a 10 ft putt and only throw it 9ft.....some one always responds: "Short and not hard enough. Story of your life!"

In short: our course is called Lum Park, the baskets, untill I started a league and replaced them were hand made and 15 years old. One basket had nine holes in it where a midrange could fit through with out touching metal. Also single chain, unevenly spaced and primarily held up by zip ties. So to ensure you sat down in the basket, you had to putt like you were throwing to your 95yr old grandma so she could catch it. Leaving many many many putts short. When we were playing BRP I missed low and said, "damn, I LUMMED it.". Since then it has stuck. Often times used in the Mc Donalds tune. BahDaBaBaBaa I'm Lummin it.

The other term I use but most have not caught on is, "ya handi-capped it". Which means you parked it so close it should be illegal.

You 'might' want to actually read the threads you are linking to ... especially the eventual conclusion that it's made up BS that some rednecks tried to latch onto. :\

From the thread I referenced:

It comes from some mid-13thish century version (spelling wasn't necessarily formalized back then) of schule/shulle/shuill, which originally meant "to shovel" or "to clear away through shoveling." Apparently at some point it came to mean "to muck out" and eventually drifted in meaning to simply "the muck/undergrowth/etc" probably in conjunction with the rise of ball golf. It's roots appear to be primarily if not entirely Scottish.

I might have the dates slightly wrong, or some of the alt spelllings, just going from memory of that link Frank provides ^^^.

You also linked to a video of a guy doing a BH approach roller ... and calling it a "Scoober". LOFL

If you're not going to believe Greg Hosfeld, who's been playing disc sports for longer than you've been alive, I can't help you.

Yeah, me and my buddies yell at each other if someone says "nice shot" or "good rip" before the disc has landed, because it always ends in the disc hitting a tree or something. When it happens, we say "you nice shot-ed it" or "you good ripped-ed it."

One of the other things we say when throwing through tight lines is "get slutty". I hope that's not inappropriate, it's just what we say.

Latest posts