• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst Fake Terminology?

It's hard to teach young kids new things; especially when they post more than they play :thmbup:

Technically a stable disc is one that does not turn right, but just because a disc does not turn does not mean it flies straight. This is the biggest mis-conception in all of disc golf.

I hate when people act like I'm responsible for the words they consider magical.

Ive been in a few instances where in torny play a few ppl i ran into would say nice or great shot on every single throw even bad ones, it was a poor attempt at sharking, so i developed a dislike for people talking when my disc in in flight in competition play. Or even talking about my throw in general.

Its the stoned/drunk out of their mind jackasses who piss me off with the "nice" crap at league play.

I was considering hiring a caddy from outside home depot to hold a sign when im throwing that says "quiet please" next torny i play

I hear a lot of people calling different shots "scoobies". It seems like they've heard someone say that and since it sounds kinda cool, they want to use it real bad hoping it makes them sound cool. I'm pretty sure most people using this term have no idea what a real scooby is.

THIS.
DSCJNKY

A few of us who play often in Louisville have come up with quite a bit of stupid words.

The first and most often used is "GACK" which is what we yell when a disc is heading for a tree.
"Pimptastrophe" is what we call a shot that pures a gap then skips or rolls away after landing close to the basket.
Pretty much we just add tastic, tacular, or tastrophe to the end of words. Rolltastic, crushtacular, skiptastrophe, etc...
All stupid but still fun.

Last edited:
The 'scooby' shots seem to be a Texas or OK thing; they are essentially talking about a big spike hyzer over the top and back down towards the basket. Seems like 'spike hyzer' or 'hyzer-bomb' would be a little more descriptive.

ROFL. Like John Rock was saying...:wall:
DSCJNKY

and LOL to the guy saying a master of disc sports, and former world champion, doesnt know what a scoober is.

Three really old courses (Rutgers, Mount Kisco/Leonard Park and Buzzy's Creek) have original DGA Mach I baskets that occasionally let discs fall through the bottom ... hence you've been Kisco'd, Rutger'd, or Buzzy'd ... they also have single chains, so putts that don't catch get the same reference ...

Tree-love and tree-nied are pretty common
Get new
Gack and meow for low putts
Ole!!! for the late release that goes high and right for a RHBH player (the motion is the same as a bullfighter waving his cape)

When your roller hits a tree, your throw has been "trunk-ate-it" (truncated = cut short)

or you can say that it was "junk in the trunk"

Not quite fake but...
I am guilty of calling the basket a "cage" back in the day.
I also called thumbers "tomahawks" until I learned to throw an actual tomahawk years later. Still sounds cooler saying Tomahawk rather than Thumber.