• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Would you pay $100 bucks to play with a pro?

Would you pay $100 buck to play with a pro

• Total voters
OT

I gladly paid $50 for a semi-private lesson with a top ten pro this year. ~20 minutes of field work on anything we wanted, then a round on my home course.

The field work was great and it was kinda nice to see one of the very best in the sport play our little rec course. He was a true gentleman and made us feel very comfortable. I probably could have just watched YouTube for the clinic part, but the 1:1 attention was priceless.

I don't do selfies, but I did get a disc autographed. :p

I have been lucky enough to play with some pros at weekly club events.... some of my best golf, thank goodness. I threw my favorite shot when a certain pro told me to get a drive out about 350 'dead nuts straight', uphill, in the gap. If I hit it, he was gonna 'go for it' (about a 480' anny to the pin, par 4). I held up my end of the bargain. Probably my best throw on this hole, easy 3. He parked his drive about 20 feet away and got his first 2 on this hole. It was my favorite DG moment and it only cost me $5... actually we took home first place.

I got to play with Whitlock a few years back on my course.. I spent months trying to figure out how he got such good snap from his belly.. Fun round, no money so it was casual, one of the older guys brought him up since they've been buddies for years. Since then two of my buddies have gotten sponsored and I wouldn't pay to play with them haha.

I've had conversations in the past with several top pros when they came through the DFW area, most would have no problem taking your 50.00 for a private lesson.

I'd do it for one reason, and one reason only: to show them that I can hang with anyone on a DG course, in a sour-grapey kind of display...

"Yeah, I could'a' been a contendah if there was any money to made in the game back in 1993. But I had to *cough-cough* excuse me...chose to work, raise a family, keep benefits, and all that. You young gunslingers are spoiled by the opportunities these days..."
Something like that.

Other than that, no, I would not pay to play a round with ANYone, to say nothing of dudes who get to make a living in the game. The kids call it being "jelly." Call it what you want; my time is just as valuable as theirs, he said, being as big a Richard as possible.

It's almost like being in the same room as rock stars. I've been there. Not only did I tread many of the same boards, but there's the whole "What if I don't like them as people?" aspect of it. Hate to ruin a preconceived notion that way, wot?