• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith vs Boss -

Preference

• Wraith

Votes: 111 70.7%
  • Boss

Votes: 46 29.3%

• Total voters
Yes, I have that link bookmarked too,. It's still an overstable disc though. I wouldn't be calling a destroyer understable because it hits -.5 on HSS.

Sorry, the boss isn't overstable. Maybe for you it is but the mold itself is not overstable.

Sorry, the boss isn't overstable. Maybe for you it is but the mold itself is not overstable.

I'll ignore the part where you think you know how far/well I can throw rather than explaining to me why a 0,4,6 (boss) disc is not overstable, but a 0,4,5 (monster) is overstable.

Did I say the monster was overstable? The boss is not overstable, it is stable but not overstable. People who can get the boss up to speed have no problems flipping a new one up from hyzer. That pretty much shows the disc is stable but not overstable.

I'll ignore the part where you think you know how far/well I can throw rather than explaining to me why a 0,4,6 (boss) disc is not overstable, but a 0,4,5 (monster) is overstable.

Where did you get a 0,4,6 Boss? I've only seen them with a -1 HSS which is understable at its cruising speed of 13.

I use the Boss and Wraith for the majority of my long drives. I love the Boss but honestly it's like apple and oranges here.

The Boss is more Overstable than Under to me. When it's nice and beat in and slowly does get more US for me but still has a great flight path. When released with a slight hyzer it is a great predictable skip disc.

The Wraith after a very short time will become crazy understable for me. I can also always get a S curve with the Wraith and never really get one out of the Boss.

I love them both but the Wraith is just not in the same league as the boss. I have great arm speed and never turned my Boss over. It's just not as "stable" as you mention even according to most flight charts. I still pop it in the 320 range on the norm with is great for me and it does the job.

However this all depends on who is throwing it and the results you get from that. This is only the opinion I formed from the multiple rounds played with each.

(Boss) Also when thrown hard into the wind it holds a line even better I noticed...

My Pro Boss (175) isn't nearly as O.S. as my Star one. I like both discs, a time and a place for each. If I could only sleep with one, it'd be a Star 175 Wraith

Oh and that is a new game. My star is OS much more than the Pro. The pro acts more like what you guys are talking about... good point.

Did I say the monster was overstable? The boss is not overstable, it is stable but not overstable. People who can get the boss up to speed have no problems flipping a new one up from hyzer. That pretty much shows the disc is stable but not overstable.

No you didn't, I picked that because it's the same stats, 1 speed slower and is a well known overstable disc. You can flip a monster up to stable as well, hell I flip my flick up to stable, doesn't make it a stable disc though. IMO the boss is overstable, and high speed stable. As a whole though, the disc will not finish level or at an anhyzer finish, it has a hard fade just like any other overstable disc. A true stable disc would finish with minor fade, if any. My buzz finishes without fade all the time. My wasp will also hold the same line the buzz will, it just finishes with a predictable fade. Wasp = overstable.

No you didn't, I picked that because it's the same stats, 1 speed slower and is a well known overstable disc. You can flip a monster up to stable as well, hell I flip my flick up to stable, doesn't make it a stable disc though. IMO the boss is overstable, and high speed stable. As a whole though, the disc will not finish level or at an anhyzer finish, it has a hard fade just like any other overstable disc. A true stable disc would finish with minor fade, if any. My buzz finishes without fade all the time. My wasp will also hold the same line the buzz will, it just finishes with a predictable fade. Wasp = overstable.

You know the flick isn't true overstable either right? It's just speed stable.

I prefer the Wraith as it tends to be more predictable, but my Boss isn't that experienced yet - it has only about 8-10 throws on it. I use the Boss primarily for forehands as it holds the line whereas the Wraith tends to anhyzer when I throw sidearm. Both discs have great skip, but I'd say the Boss's skip is the most drastic - I've had a few 75+ foot skips with it.