• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] X outs

Buchajs1

Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Are x outs a different quality of plastic or just an x out stamp. Are they ment to be thrown

just means there was a mistake in it somewhere, like a double stamp, mis stamp, bubbles in it somewhere.

I've thrown a handful of X-outs and they seemed fine to me

Yup, generally there's nothing seriously wrong with them. All the ones I've bought have flown just like normal but had some sort of cosmetic flaw.

I have two x outs where the only thing i can see wrong is dark specs in the plastic.

X outs or Factory Seconds fly as a regular production mold does. Sometimes X outs are used to warm up a stamp press, and you will get multipule presses of a stamp on a disc, you may also have a variety of stamps on the same disc. Alot of times the multi-stamps are custom hotstamps, but production stamps can be multiples as well.

Like stated above, X outs and F2nds can be from a large variety of errors which the company deems is enough of a blemish to not sell it at merchant price, but not blemmed enough to alter the intended flight characteristics. These discs can have an array of errors, such as bubbles in the rim, specks embedded in the plastic, and other cosmetic blems. I'm pretty sure that sometimes the factory will multi-stamp discs that are not blems, so just because it might have more than one stamp doesn't mean its even a blem, just needed something to warm up the stamp press with.

I've never seen X outs and F2nds for sale at an approved vendor, but I do know that it is VERY typical for the factory to greatly reduce value of these discs for Clubs that run events where payout is awarded in plastic. This allows a greater amount of participants to be payed out. Its a win-win for everyone.

Having owned MANY X outs and blem discs, I would say they fly the same as the same product without the blems. Keep in mind that all disc molds have slight differences between runs and colors, so if your X out flies slightly different then that of another disc of a same mold its not because its an X out

X outs or Factory Seconds fly as a regular production mold does. Sometimes X outs are used to warm up a stamp press, and you will get multipule presses of a stamp on a disc, you may also have a variety of stamps on the same disc. Alot of times the multi-stamps are custom hotstamps, but production stamps can be multiples as well.

Like stated above, X outs and F2nds can be from a large variety of errors which the company deems is enough of a blemish to not sell it at merchant price, but not blemmed enough to alter the intended flight characteristics. These discs can have an array of errors, such as bubbles in the rim, specks embedded in the plastic, and other cosmetic blems. I'm pretty sure that sometimes the factory will multi-stamp discs that are not blems, so just because it might have more than one stamp doesn't mean its even a blem, just needed something to warm up the stamp press with.

I've never seen X outs and F2nds for sale at an approved vendor, but I do know that it is VERY typical for the factory to greatly reduce value of these discs for Clubs that run events where payout is awarded in plastic. This allows a greater amount of participants to be payed out. Its a win-win for everyone.

Having owned MANY X outs and blem discs, I would say they fly the same as the same product without the blems. Keep in mind that all disc molds have slight differences between runs and colors, so if your X out flies slightly different then that of another disc of a same mold its not because its an X out

Ever seen a PIAS

All of Marshall Street's Gateway x-outs are all quality discs that just have some cosmetic flaws. I got a couple x-out Wizards from them that were perfect except for the stamp.

It's just a cheaper disc. If that stamp bothers you, wipe it! I love x-outs.

Used to get gateway xouts for 5 bucks at the gateway store when it was next to jefferson barracks, always great quality

I have, but never made it past the used disc pile. Won't buy new discs at stores, $20 for a regular production disc is too much. How much do they charge for their X outs?

I see them being sold for 9.99 at some PIAS. I have even seen them cheaper. If they only sold Xout PD's for that price it would be perfect.

Its a cheap way to stock u on back ups for your favorite disc. And they are cheap. Alot of the online retailers sell them for $3-$5. I figure 3 xouts for the price of a single star is a great deal and just wipe the stamps off. They make great winter discs as well and also are a cheap way to try out a new mold your curious about

Latest posts