• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Yellowstone to Boise - recommendations plz

Monkeypaws

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Not seeing much on my search of corses or in the forrums. Would love to dsiscover a cool course somewhere in this region for a trip in a week or so.

Not seeing much on my search of corses or in the forrums. Would love to dsiscover a cool course somewhere in this region for a trip in a week or so.

It appears there are only seasonal object courses in Yellowstone and all recommend a local guide. I will also be travelling to Grand Tetons and Yellowstone this summer. Please be sure to provide an update if you play any of the object courses in Yellowstone.

The best course (IMO) in Boise is currently under water. If you want to make a day of it and play a couple high desert courses, check out Lydle Blue and Gold just east of town. Watch out for ticks for sure, and keep your eyes peeled for rattlers. I have never personally seen a rattler out there, but other golfers have. Bring lots of water too.

Grand Targhee resort on the west side of the Tetons and Big Sky resort, 45 min north of West Yellowstone both have fun mtn courses to play. Idaho Falls has Freeman park which is a good city park course. Massacre Rock State park and Lake Walcott State park both have fun courses close to the freeway that heads to Boise. The first 3 listed are all free to play, the other 2 cost $ to get into the parks.

If you are in yellowstone. Bozeman is not that far, two hours. You could get some culture and head to Bohart to disc.

If their is a better dg course within six hours of yellowstone better than Bohart please let me know!

Assuming you're coming out of West Yellowstone, I'd take the detour through Pocatello to play Bengal Ridge. As mentioned above, you're probably also passing through Freeman Park in Idaho Falls.

Thx - rested a sprained thumb until Bend. Sure looked like great DG territory driving thru.