• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Yeti Pro Aviar

Yetis are awesome putters. I love the puddle top. The newer 4x are back to being nice and stiff. The 3x started to get a little rubbery in the last few runs.

Osmo - if you still have the same question, JK Aviars are basically the same putter as a Yeti but in much softer plastic. I switch the the JKs in the winter.

Has anyone noticed their Yeit's have a significantly wider diameter than other Aviars? For w/e reason, the 4 that I have are all several mm wider than a KC Pro BB or a DX PnA. I'm not sure if the mold is actually bigger or if it's the plastic expanding post production or what...

I love the plastic Yetis are coming in but I converted them to my driving putter because the extra grip and wider diameter seemed to be conspiring against me to cause more bounce outs and spit outs than my KCs. They do fly great though.

I started with a r pro aviar. Then to an anode. Followed by wizards. I threw a yeti Saturday and now I have 3 more on the way and still looking for more. This disc is great (for me)!

I don't putt with them, but I think they are awesome driving putters. Nice and understable.

They are actually a pretty stable putter. You can put a ton into them and they still have a nice fade at the end.

The first putter I really learned to drive with. Pretty stable, and helped me work out my form to where I can throw a Pure on just about any line I want w/o turning it into a wobbly roller mess.

Yeti is my straight to left driving putter. While it's not as far as my Spike, it can definitely take more headwind and torque on it and still wants to fight back. I like to use them on those hyzer flip lines that have to come back not just hold straight.

I'd like to try a floppy yeti in soft r-pro plastic.

Then go buy some of the later run Yeti's. The more concave ones. The blue's and red's I've thrown have all been very concave on top and super soft compared to the white and black ones I have.

Just picked up a 4x purple Yeti from PIAS, mostly based on feel and in my search for driving putter. Loved the feel of it - rubbery and grippy - and can't wait to get some dirt on it.

Just picked up a 4x purple Yeti from PIAS, mostly based on feel and in my search for driving putter. Loved the feel of it - rubbery and grippy - and can't wait to get some dirt on it.
Very impressed with this on initial putter-only round for driving, and I've never been one for Aviars. Plastic got stiff in the cold and depressed flight plate seemed to get more depressed in the cold (and get poppy-topped if you turned disc over and pushed on flight plate).

With the release of Neutron plastic, I'm thinking about going back to ION's for putting. Anyone had any success switching from Yeti's to ION's? Or reasons for switching the other way (ION's to Yeti's)?

I didn't like putting with Proton plastic (too slippery), but I like Neutron.

Thoughts welcome.

I went from Ions to Yetis for three reasons:

The shallow feel of Yetis for fangrip/putting. They're not actually that shallow, but the concave top gives it that feel.

The sharper angle where wing meets flightplate for driving grip. MVP's putters have a gradual curve there and I can't get a comfortable driving grip on them at all. Certainly a personal issue, but it was deal breaker.

Grip when wet. Neutron plastic might be better than proton, but it won't grip like a wet Yeti grips.

I pretty much learned to drive putters with the Yeti and spent months with them til I had a smooth enough shot to drive an Opto Pure, then I made the switch to Pures.

With the release of Neutron plastic, I'm thinking about going back to ION's for putting. Anyone had any success switching from Yeti's to ION's? Or reasons for switching the other way (ION's to Yeti's)?

I didn't like putting with Proton plastic (too slippery), but I like Neutron.

Thoughts welcome.

I putted Yeti's for quite a while, and am still something of a fan, but I went over to Ions for putting almost as soon as I started messing with them. I like the feel, and the glide on them is just sneaky. I'm still suprised sometimes by how far out I can putt from and still go straight at the chains. And the Yeti is better than some in wind, with the concave top, but still, the Ion is better IMO for windy putting (but no so windy that I'm busting out the Rhyno.)

I also like the Yeti for driving/upshots. The puddle top makes them more stable than the standard P&A, IMO. But there's just no comparison to how the Ions fly on throws. They take more snap, glide better. The one advantage to the Yeti in this sense is that they're a little less likely to roll/get squirrely on landing on treacherous greens, maybe.

Some prefer the grip, but I found that the nice tacky feel of the Yetis became more chalky too fast, and I don't personally like that chalky feel.

I can't really speak to the Neutron Ions, since I have some proton (soft and med,) and an Eclipse (pretty much med proton.) I actually like the proton plastic for grip...there's just no arguing taste there.

End of the day, IMO, you can't really go wrong either way...these are my 2 favorite putting putters.

i love my yetis and have been using them for 2 years now. i use them for putting and driving.

question for other long time yeti throwers.. have you ever beaten a yeti into a turnover disc? the best i got after 2 years is super straight with just a hint of fade. thrown on an anny like it'll turn but i don't think it'll ever be a slutty little hyzer flip machine.

FWIW i know this thread is old but i searched and didn't find anything similar and i figured this is a good question for other yeti throwers.

i love my yetis and have been using them for 2 years now. i use them for putting and driving.

question for other long time yeti throwers.. have you ever beaten a yeti into a turnover disc? the best i got after 2 years is super straight with just a hint of fade. thrown on an anny like it'll turn but i don't think it'll ever be a slutty little hyzer flip machine.

FWIW i know this thread is old but i searched and didn't find anything similar and i figured this is a good question for other yeti throwers.

I primarily use Yetis for straight to turnover drives under 280. Thrown flat I can get them to turn nicely. I don't really hyzer flip them, though.

Played a round with a 175g Yeti Pro today, recent run I guess (it has that more rubbery feel). I've never really used them, or any beaded Aviar, but I was impressed, especially on FHs

Latest posts