• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Yeti Pro Aviar

I putted and drove with Yetis for 3 years, but dropped them last summer for Wizards.
So, now with spring here, I took a stack of Yetis out yesterday for a re-acquaintance session and pitted them against my Wizards.

I do find the Yetis easier to forehand. For some reason I get a cleaner wobble free release that I just can't seem to get with my Wizards.

All in all, I could use either and I think I'm going to slide one of my old Yetis back in the bag for a while.

What's the difference if any in 3x, 4X, 5x?
Feel/ Stability

I miss the stiffness of the 4x's for throwing. They were stable with nice fade out of the box. The 5x's are softer especially the flight plate and stable but without the fade.

I putted and drove with Yetis for 3 years, but dropped them last summer for Wizards.
So, now with spring here, I took a stack of Yetis out yesterday for a re-acquaintance session and pitted them against my Wizards.

I do find the Yetis easier to forehand. For some reason I get a cleaner wobble free release that I just can't seem to get with my Wizards.

All in all, I could use either and I think I'm going to slide one of my old Yetis back in the bag for a while.

Not sure what it is, maybe from the sunken top giving it a lower profile feel?

Not sure what it is, maybe from the sunken top giving it a lower profile feel?

Not sure either.
I went out again this morning, Wizards VS Yetis, I can just forehand the yetis smoother.
Maybe it is the puddle top.

And for reference, I can forehand putters out to 175-ft smoothly, after that, I have to put too much on them and I lose too much control. Playing a round though, I can't remember the last time I forehanded a putter more than 100-ft.

Not sure either.
I went out again this morning, Wizards VS Yetis, I can just forehand the yetis smoother.
Maybe it is the puddle top.

And for reference, I can forehand putters out to 175-ft smoothly, after that, I have to put too much on them and I lose too much control. Playing a round though, I can't remember the last time I forehanded a putter more than 100-ft.

I actually can FH Banger GTs about as well and they are a beaded style putter like the Wizard with one very obvious difference. I wonder if that groove/puddletop has something to do with it.

I actually can FH Banger GTs about as well and they are a beaded style putter like the Wizard with one very obvious difference. I wonder if that groove/puddletop has something to do with it.

Could be.
Now I'm going to have to go out and get a Banger! :thmbup:

How dose the yeti compare to the JK Aviar? Just softer more flexable plastic? I just got my yeti and it feels great. Going to try it out this weekend

How dose the yeti compare to the JK Aviar? Just softer more flexable plastic? I just got my yeti and it feels great. Going to try it out this weekend

JK Aviars are more flexible and flat on top (rather than puddle-topped like the Yeti). JK's are good if you spin putt, but to me they're a little too flexible for a push putt.

JKs are soft(er). The Yeti was made to be between the JKs and the firmer variations of Aviars.

Latest posts